Brookdale Monument Valley Park

Reviews of Brookdale Monument Valley Park

Assisted Living Reviews for Brookdale Monument Valley Park

March 04, 2021

By Tom

I visited Brookdale Monument Valley Park in Colorado Springs. The staff was great, the location was great, and it fit our budget. The people that we met there were fantastic. The facility was very clean and nice. They told me about the social activities that my father will be taking part in, and I know that there is going to be a bible study.

April 28, 2020

By DW

My mom is at Brookdale Monument Valley Park. It is very good. My sister and I really like it there. The staff members are friendly, attentive, and loving. I like the atmosphere. It is more of a community type where everyone can get together all the time. They are roomy and spacious. It is a family friendly type of environment. Their activities, from what I hear, are very good. The value for money is very good too.

August 01, 2019

By Lynn

My mom has been living in assisted living at Brookdale Monument Valley Park and it's great so far. They take very good care of my mom. Every time she rings her bell they come and answer it within five minutes. The place has 44 beds, which is what my mom needed, so this is perfect. All the employees are great. They're friendly and they speak every time they see you. I'm impressed with the place. My mom has a studio with a sink in the bathroom. It's an adequate size for her. They also have two-bedroom suites so they have some good choices. They have music, choirs, piano players, bands coming in, Sudoku, crosswords on the big screen, exercises, happy hour on Fridays, and ice cream socials. They also have an aviary there where the folks can go and sit to watch the birds, and a beautiful screened-in porch where my mom loves to sit. Since it's covered, they can be out in all types of weather as long as it's not too cold or too hot.

March 19, 2018

By Marsh

Our visiting experience with Brookdale Monument Valley Park was excellent and the facilities were good. The staff was excellent, the director took me on a tour and showed me the rooms. He was very friendly and I liked that his mom was a resident of Brookdale before he became the director, so it's very good to have somebody like that showing me around. I was very pleased and spent a good hour touring the memory unit down to the basement. It was very detailed, and they answered all my questions, including the costs, so I really appreciated that.

March 28, 2016

By Charla A.

My mother just moved into Brookdale Monument Valley Park. The lady was interested in and supportive of what we are going through with her, and helped us develop a plan. It just feels like they bring a whole lot of expertise to our particular issues, which are dementia and Alzheimer’s. The staff is just like how they are in the commercials: outgoing, engaging, enthusiastic, happy, and smiling. We toured it twice and had conversations with the residents and the staff. Everybody is out and about. The service and the people are the best selling points. We are a multicultural family, and they fit our kind of culture. They are just the right group of people.

December 29, 2015

By Donna115848950

What I like best about Brookdale Monument Valley was that they had classical music lightly piped in throughout the whole place. I thought that was great. I really liked that they have an area where the patients could go to wander outside. It was calm and clean. I think the ratio of staff to patient is about five to one, so all of the patients were well cared for. My mother is everything I have, so she deserves this. I highly recommend it to everyone.

November 11, 2015

By James V.

I visited Brookdale. I was impressed with the director who met with me who was very passionate about her work. I liked her presentation of the facility. I met some of the staff there, and I really liked the layout of the facility. The number of the residents there did not make it seem overcrowded.

November 09, 2015

By Linda106955350

My dad has a studio at Brookdale Monument Valley Park. He is very happy with the community. The rooms and apartments are spacious, and the food is really good. What I like most about the place is that they provide great care from great people. The staff is very well organized and helpful.

August 11, 2015

Brookdale Monument Valley Park (Formerly Brookdale Place of Colorado Springs) was really pretty, clean, and well kept. The staff that we met was really nice. It was really positive. They had exercise and crafts, and they just had a Kentucky derby party. It was home like, very warm, and friendly.

June 14, 2015

By Sarah39

Brookdale is wonderful, and we have been very pleased. It is a small facility, so she gets very good attention. We really like the staff, and we have been very happy.

March 10, 2015

By Marta2

Brookdale Monument Valley Park was very homey and very nice. The admissions person talked to us and gave us a tour. Before we left, the director came, and they gave me an apple pie.

January 06, 2015

I just found Brookdale to be a very nice place. There's a lot going on in that facility. It is very clean and neat. I wasn't involved too much with the staff except for the one in charge. The staff in charge was very nice, very out-going, and very helpful. Everybody was professional. The facility was nice and very clean. I had one meal there, and it was very good. The meal seemed to be excellent. The dining area was very clean.

November 27, 2014

By Catkey

My father is at Brookdale Monument, it is a wonderful facility, the staff is very nice and always friendly. And very good to my dad. His room is just perfect, on floor level, and Inot to big not too small, just right, nice large bathroom and walkin Shower. Which we didn't have for him at home... The residents are very friendly, you talk to them they like to talk... I enjoy talking with them. I couldn't of found a better fit now that he has been there...

July 07, 2014

By Adouglas

If you care for your loved one DO NOT allow them to live at Brookdale Colorado Springs. Our family was sold on the line that at Brookdale they understand; they are supporting the adult child of the person in need of care as much as the resident. Here is the harsh reality: twice in four months my loved one has been rushed to the emergency room because the staff forgot to administer her medicine for days on end. A large amount of her clothes have gone missing. Her room appears as though it hasn't been cleaned in days. We frequently receive calls each week reporting incidents of falling, hitting her head and repeated UTIs which never happened this often before she came to this facility. The service here is breathtaking in a very very bad way. Save yourself the hassle, worry and your pocketbook and look elsewhere.

We take your comments seriously and are committed to providing quality care and services to our residents and their families. Our management team has reviewed these concerns and we wish to assure you the safety and well-being of our residents is our top priority.

April 23, 2014

My sister is at Brookdale Place of Colorado Springs. Everything I saw was fine, including the rooms; they were great. The staff were helpful.

December 29, 2013

By Kathleen13

My husband has been with Brookdale Place of Colorado Springs for about six weeks. I'm very pleased with the caregivers. They seemed to know all of the residents and handle them well. They are very positive and caring. The room is small but adequate. The bathroom is large and she has a window off the patio. I've eaten there and the food was good. They have exercise in the morning. They also have crafts. They have a resident cat and dog which is nice. They have a lot of people come in to do Bible study and music. They actually have plenty of activities for the residents if they are interested. I'm been very pleased with the facility.

November 27, 2013

My husband was in Brookdale Place of Colorado Springs for respite care. He stayed there in October and he was there for five days only. We mostly chose it because of the location. It was near a park and he was familiar with the area. It was also close enough that our son could visit him while I was gone. There were undergoing some renovations at the time, so the circumstances were not ideal, but on the whole, everything was fine. His only complaint there was that other residents weren't as sociable. They were also considerably older than he is. They did have memory care as well there. At that time, they met my husband's needs. He mostly needed assistance and three meals a day and a place to stay where he will be safe.

August 27, 2013

The largest unit that Brookdale Place has is about 880-square feet. We saw an empty unit and it needed to be upgraded very badly. The carpets were so worn out. Nevertheless, they do have very nice dining room. Also their staff members were both very kind and accommodating. They took time with us and answered all of our questions.

June 26, 2013

By Jean21

Brookdale Place of Colorado Springs was very nice. It had a friendlier feel to it. It felt more homey.

May 23, 2012

By janal

My sister got my dad into this facility since he's in Colorado. She moved out to Colorado from California few years back so that he can be with my dad. My sister chose the facility because they have a lot of good features there. They have a lot of programs, a lot of activities like therapy groups. They even have like a buddy assistance who help him around. So everything is all good for him

Memory Care Reviews for Brookdale Monument Valley Park

Costs for Brookdale Monument Valley Park in Colorado Springs, Colorado

Photos of Brookdale Monument Valley Park

Services and Amenities of Brookdale Monument Valley Park in Colorado Springs, Colorado

• Dining Extra: Restaurant Style Dining

• Pool

• Pets: Yes

Nurses

• Nurses Extra: Licensed Nurse On Call 24 Hours A Day

Types of care

• Walking Wheelchair Assistance

About Brookdale Monument Valley Park in Colorado Springs, Colorado

Brookdale Monument Valley Park provides our residents with lifestyles, housing, and services in comfortable surroundings combined with exceptional amenities, programs, and care. Through Brookdale's signature Personalized Assisted Living we customize our care offerings for the individual. This allows each assisted living and Alzheimer's care resident the freedom and opportunity to make choices that will ease their lifestyle transitions. Residents enjoy life with the support they need, coupled with the proper lifestyle and care accommodations as their needs change.

Map of Brookdale Monument Valley Park