The city of Colorado Springs sits at the eastern foot of the Rocky Mountains and has a population of 478,221. It’s home to a number of excellent hospitals and medical facilities, such as UCHealth Memorial Hospital Central, an award-winning hospital that is nationally-recognized for its quality research and patient care.

Nursing home care is for seniors who require medical care and assistance 24/7 in order to have the best quality of life. Seniors are constantly monitored by registered nurses and other medical professionals to ensure their health needs are met. The average cost of nursing home care in Colorado Springs is $8,289 per month for a semi-private room. Those who don’t require skilled nursing and full-time medical care may want to look at less expensive options such as in-home care and assisted living

This guide discusses the costs of a nursing home in Colorado Springs and neighboring cities and compares it to the costs of other types of senior care. Additionally, it discusses financial assistance options and free resources for seniors in the city.

Directory of Nursing Homes in Colorado Springs, CO

2015, 2017

Liberty Heights

12105 Ambassador Drive, Colorado Springs, CO, 80921

Liberty Heights is an assisted living center north of Colorado Springs near the US Air Force Academy and Falcon Field. Residents describe it as a resort-style facility with a swimming pool, endless ga … (read more)

Brookdale Skyline

2365 Patriot heights, Colorado Springs, CO, 80904

Visitors to Brookdale Skyline in Colorado Springs, Colorado, often say that it has the polished appearance and cozy feeling of a five-star resort. They’re impressed by the spacious cottages and apar … (read more)

The Bridge at Colorado Springs

2490 INTERNATIONAL CIRCLE, Colorado Springs, CO, 80910

I came to this facility after a hospital stay due to severe pain that needed managed. It’s a beautiful facility, and the nursing staff for the most part was wonderful and attentive, but the doctor I … (read more)

Sunny Vista Living Center

2445 East Cache La Poudre, Colorado Springs, CO, 80909

The rooms are Great, The nursing staff and rehab staff are super. The financial office is Less than helpful, useful or effective. I have not received any bills for my Husband since he left nor have I … (read more)

Namaste Alzheimer Center

2 Penrose Boulevard, Colorado Springs, CO, 80906

Namaste Alzheimer Center has everything. The care that my mom is getting is above and beyond what we expected. They provide good meals. The help of the staff is excellent from the caregiver all the wa … (read more)

Laurel Manor Care Center

920 SOUTH CHELTON ROAD, Colorado Springs, CO, 80910

Slightly dated facility but that’s more than made up for by the staff’s professionalism, level of care, compassion, understanding, and dedication. We transferred my 100% disabled (VA rated) fathe … (read more)

Aspen Living Center

1795 MONTEREY ROAD, Colorado Springs, CO, 80910

The Aspen Care Center’s staff once again showed how great they are. Thank you so much for the great party for Betty’s 100th birthday!! We are always confident in the care that she receives!! Wonder … (read more)

Parkmoor Village

3625 Parkmoor Village Drive, Colorado Springs, CO, 80917

This nursing facility is dirty and stinks, and just when you think you have your loved one in a good place they up the rent 13 thousand $ a month, yes that is thousand

Mount St Francis Nursing Center

7550 ASSISI HEIGHTS, Colorado Springs, CO, 80919

My mom is now at Mount St Francis Nursing Center. We chose this one because we needed full skilled nursing, we needed that would take Medicaid, and her pastor recommended this place. She has been in q … (read more)

Pikes Peak Care and Rehabilitation Center

2719 N Union Boulevard, Colorado Springs, CO, 80909

The Staff were great and everybody was very attentive from the CNAs to HR and the Management Team. I would recommend the facility to everybody. Thanks

The Center at Centennial

3490 CENTENNIAL BOULEVARD, Colorado Springs, CO, 80907

My sister has been at Centennial one week. She has been on high antibiotics for pneumonia. Which can cause loose stools . She has a non functioning hip /leg and is presently waiting for hip replaceme … (read more)

Medallion Retirement Community

1719 E BIJOU STREET, Colorado Springs, CO, 80909

The only other nursing home that I visited is Centura Health. I can’t comment a lot because I just talked to their marketing director briefly when I was just comparing nursing homes. I did see the roo … (read more)

Springs Village Care Center

110 West Van Buren Street, Colorado Springs, CO, 80907

My mother is there, and i must say overall it seems like a really good place. I called the administrator yesterday and she called me right back, which i appreciated. I had questions about my Mothers … (read more)

Healthcare Resort Of Colorado Springs, The

2818 Grand Vista Circle, Colorado Springs, CO, 80904

I needed physical rehab, after a stroke. This place looks nice, they have a decent selection of food and nice rooms, etc. but they are "understaffed". I could not get any physical rehab until … (read more)

Garden of the Gods Care Center

104 LOIS LANE, Colorado Springs, CO, 80904

My friend’s husband went to Garden of the Gods Care Center when he got too bad and incoherent, and that’s where he died as well. He was well taken care of. All in all, they were good for him. It was a … (read more)

Terrace Gardens Health Care Center

2438 E Fountain Blvd, Colorado Springs, CO, 80910

I was sent to Terrace Gardens by Grandview Hospital three weeks ago for a 30-day respite stay. I was, for all practical purposes, bedridden. However, thanks to the very focused health care professiona … (read more)

Cedarwood Health Care Center

924 WEST KIOWA, Colorado Springs, CO, 80905

Facility feels like a small community. The staff interacts with the residents and tries to meet the needs of the residents. The food is nice and I think the best part about being here is that you can … (read more)

Mountain View Care Center

2612 WEST CUCHARRAS STREET, Colorado Springs, CO, 80904

The Facility is clean and newly painted. They allow patients to smoke outside the front door. The staff is not so friendly. They are rude and do not acknowledge that you said hello to them. Every time … (read more)

Cheyenne Mountain Care and Rehabilitation Center

835 Tenderfoot Hill Road, Colorado Springs, CO, 80906

Cheyenne Mountain Care and Rehabilitation Center was really bad. We walked up to the front desk and nobody was there. We stood there for about ten minutes and nobody came. One of the residents asked u … (read more)

Colonial Columns Nursing Center

1340 EAST FILLMORE STREET, Colorado Springs, CO, 80907

Nursing Home Costs in Colorado Springs, CO

According to the Genworth Cost of Care Survey 2020, the average cost of a semi-private room is $8,289 per month and $9,095 for a private room.

The Cost of Nursing Home Care in Nearby Cities

According to the Genworth Cost of Care Survey 2020, at an average monthly cost of $8,289, the cost of nursing home care in Colorado Springs is slightly cheaper than the statewide average of $8,571. Nursing home care in Colorado Springs costs $553 more than the national average of $7,756. Costs are lower in Grand Junction at $7,939, while the average cost of nursing home care is higher in Denver, Boulder and Fort Collins.

$8289

Denver

$9049

Boulder

The Cost of Other Types of Senior Care

Nursing home care carries the highest average monthly cost of all the senior care options in Colorado Springs at $8,289 for a semi-private room and $9,095 for a private room. In comparison, the average cost of homemaker services is $4,862 per month and the average cost of home health aide services is $4,957 per month. The cheapest option is an adult day health care at an average monthly cost of $1,831. The average monthly cost of assisted living in Colorado Springs is $5,340.

$8289

$5340

Assisted Living

Financial Assistance for Nursing Home Care in Colorado Springs, CO

Free Resources for Seniors in Colorado Springs, CO

The city of Colorado has a number of services for seniors to assist them to stay independently in their own homes for as long as possible with the care that they need. Additionally, Health First, which is the Colorado version of Medicaid, assists in paying for nursing home services.

Resource ContactServices
Health First Medical Aid(303) 866-2993Health First Medical Aid provides assistance in paying for long term nursing home care for seniors. To be eligible for assistance, seniors must be over the age of 65, blind or disabled and require a constant level of medical care and supervision. Seniors are expected to pay all of their personal income, minus a small stipend, to the nursing home and the program will pick up the rest of the costs.
Brothers Redevelopment(719) 888-9134This non-profit organization assists seniors by helping them to apply federal and social benefits. They can also help with financial planning, reverse mortgages and creating living wills. Additionally, members of the group volunteer to help seniors with housework, yard work, home repairs and running errands. All of these services are aimed at helping seniors to successfully age in place. There is no charge for the services.
Silver Key(719) 884-2300Silver Key is a non-profit organization that aims to assist seniors to safely age in their own homes. Volunteers and professionals provide a number of services, including guardianship, advocacy, senior support with applying for benefits and comprehensive care when required. Volunteers perform social checks to provide companionship for seniors living alone. Additionally, the program provides home-delivered meals for seniors, but there is a small charge for the service.