Mount St Francis Nursing Center

Reviews of Mount St Francis Nursing Center

Nursing Home Reviews for Mount St Francis Nursing Center

April 13, 2012

By hutchlm

At first, I was very impressed with the care my mother was receiving. The grounds are lovely and a great place to walk around, enjoying the trees, grass and the many deer, grazing. My mother was then forced to move down to a different floor (she was a Medicaid patient, and they are all 2nd class citizens). I didn't object to the different room, but was very unhappy with the staff on the first floor. I frequently found her alone (NOT OK) sitting in her wheelchair, even though there were strict instructions regarding the danger of her falling. I thought her 2nd floor CNAs were awesome, but I was less pleased with the 1st floor staff. I kept getting conflicting information from them, and in was difficult to get a straight answer. The social worker who visited was polite, but not overly helpful. The daytime activities bored my mother silly, but I guess that's to be expected with dementia. I often found her room to be mostly clean, but the shared bathroom (toilet) was always so grungy that I used the staff bathroom. Food at Mount St. Francis appeared to be varied and nourishing; I can't vouch for the taste, but residents appeared to be eating, at least, a little. The kitchen/dining room staff were always very polite and helpful, but my mother couldn't eat on her own, and there never seemed to be sufficient staff to feed residents who needed help - that was very frustrating. They also kept taking her to Sunday mass, even though she wasn't Catholic, but I guess that's the way things are at a Catholic-owned facility. I think, as nursing homes go, this is probably one of the nicer ones. The CNAs, nurses and attendants were always very polite and willing to help. I think they were overworked and frustrated over the lack of communication; I seemed to know more than them about what was going on. My mother died at Mount St. Francis six months ago. The staff was very respectful and caring, as we had to go through the difficult process of making the necessary arrangements.

Services and Amenities of Mount St Francis Nursing Center

• Overall:
  • Ownership Type: Non Profit Church Related
  • Date Certified: 10/01/2020

About Mount St Francis Nursing Center

Mount St Francis Nursing Center is a senior living provider in Colorado Springs, Colorado that offers residents Assisted Living and Nursing Homes. Contact Mount St Francis Nursing Center for more details on services and rates.

Map of Mount St Francis Nursing Center