60 Assisted Living Facilities near Westminster, CO
There are 60 Assisted Living Facilities in the Westminster area, with 6 in Westminster and 54 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Westminster is $4,325 per month. This is higher than the national median of $3,346. Cheaper nearby regions include Arvada with an average starting cost of $3,940.
To help you with your search, browse the 228 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Westminster. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Westminster 4.4 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Golden with an average rating of 4.8 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped 8 families in Westminster find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Westminster, call (855) 863-8283.
6 Assisted Living Facilities in Westminster, CO
54 Assisted Living Facilities near Westminster, CO
Promotion ends in 1 day!
Spring Promotion: Moving Made Easy. For new residents: $500 Off the Community Fee, 1/2 Off First ... (more)
Other Options in Westminster, CO
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Westminster
Review of Sunrise of Westminster
Sunrise of Westminster is really nice, and I liked it. The landscaping is really nice, the rooms were nice, and the people were nice. It was a nice place. The rooms are pretty much studios, and the... Read more
Review of Keystone Place at Legacy Ridge
I visited both a one and 2 bedroom in Assisted Living and the Memory Care Suite. The rooms are very spacious and are designed for folks with mobility needs. All the rooms in Assisted Living have ... Read more
Review of Covenant Village of Colorado
I visited Covenant Village. It was excellent and beautiful, but my mother would not qualify to live there. The rooms were very nice, very clean, and laid out well for the seniors. I saw the activit... Read more
Assisted Living near Adams County, CO
More Options Near Westminster, CO
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Westminster
Westminster, Colorado, has a population of about 113,000, 11 percent of whom are seniors 65 and over. Seniors who need some help with activites of daily living and wish to live in the Westminster area have over five dozen to choose from. Assisted Living Facilities (ALFs) in Colorado are administered by the Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment. Facilities that are certified to receive Medicaid reimbursements are referred to as Alternative Care Facilities (ACFs) and must meet additional requirements.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Westminster
- Westminster averages 242 sunny days each year, however, winter brings around 53 inches of snow. In summer, the average high is 89 degrees, and the January low is 18.
- Colorado has a large deduction on all retirement income, so seniors will only pay income tax if their annual income reaches a certain level. In addition, while sales tax in the state is high, groceries and medicine are exempt, leaving more money available for your retirement budget.
- Public Transportation in Westminster is provided by RTD-Denver. Seniors aged over 65 receive a 50 percent discount on fares. In addition, seniors in Westminster have access to transportation services, administered by the Senior Resource Center.
- Westminster has an array of community resources for seniors, including The Senior Hub, an organization that advocates and offers programs for seniors as well as more than three senior centers.
- The cost of living in Westminster is 12 percent higher than the national average. Health care and transport costs are around 5 percent higher than averages across the United States, however, groceries are slightly less expensive than the national average.
- Westminster has a higher than average crime rate in both violent and property crime. The rate of violent crime is 2.36 per 1000 residents, slightly less than the Colorado average of 3.43. However, property crime occurs at a rate of 35.16 per 1000 residents, compared to the Colorado average of 27.41, so seniors should watch out for their belongings when out and about on day trips.
Paying for Assisted Living in Westminster
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Colorado
Assisted Living costs in Westminster start around $4,325 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Westminster and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Westminster
Seniors in Colorado may be eligible for the Home and Community-Based Services Waiver for persons who are Elderly, Blind, or Disabled (EBD). This can help fund residents in alternative care facilities.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Colorado page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Colorado page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Westminster
Westminster and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Westminster, please visit our Assisted Living in Colorado page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Westminster
Westminster-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Colorado are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Colorado page for more information about these laws.