72 Assisted Living Facilities near Wheat Ridge, CO
There are 72 Assisted Living Facilities in the Wheat Ridge area, with 8 in Wheat Ridge and 64 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Wheat Ridge is $3,606 per month. This is higher than the national median of $3,400. Cheaper nearby regions include Thornton with an average starting cost of $3,330.
To help you with your search, browse the 203 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Wheat Ridge. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Wheat Ridge 3.7 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Arvada with an average rating of 3.8 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Wheat Ridge, call (855) 863-8283.
8 Assisted Living Facilities in Wheat Ridge, CO
64 Assisted Living Facilities near Wheat Ridge, CO
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Wheat Ridge
Wheat Ridge is part of the greater Denver, Colorado, metro area. This quiet suburb is the largest producer of carnations in the world. Wheat Ridge has a population of 31,000, 20 percent of whom are seniors aged 65 and older. As these retirees age, many may need accommodations in one of the city's eight assisted living facilities. Licensing and regulatory oversight for assisted living facilities are conducted by the state's Department of Health.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Wheat Ridge
The Climate in Wheat Ridge include lots of snow. Storms can begin as early as September and last until May. July high temperatures can reach into the 80s, while winter averages dip into the teens. Seniors in assisted living with mobility difficulties or health conditions worsened by cold weather may be uncomfortable in Wheat Ridge.
- The cost of living in Wheat Ridge is about one and a half times that of the national average, specifically because of housing costs, at 225 compared to the national average of 100. Higher housing costs may affect daily operation costs for assisted living facilities. Health care, grocery costs and utilities are all below the national average.
- Colorado has favorable tax regulations for retirees, including a $24,000 personal deduction, as well as other exemptions for those over 65. The state's property tax is one of the lowest in the nation. This may help Wheat Ridge seniors and their families afford assisted living if they need to sell Colorado properties.
- Wheat Ridge, as part of the greater Denver metro area, is home to world-class medical facilities, including those specializing in brain health and dementia care such as The Rocky Mountain Disease Center of UC — Denver in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- Wheat Ridge, as part of the Denver area, is a member of the AARP Network of Age-Friendly Communities, meaning that its elected leadership “has made the commitment to actively work toward making their town, city or county a great place for people of all ages,” according to AARP.
- While violent crime rates in Wheat Ridge are lower than the national average, 18.7 compared to 22.7, property crimes are nearly double, at 60.3 compared to 35.4. Seniors in assisted living are advised to use caution when out and about.
Paying for Assisted Living in Wheat Ridge
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Colorado
Assisted Living costs in Wheat Ridge start around $3,606 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Wheat Ridge and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Wheat Ridge
Colorado's Medicaid program offers an assisted living waiver for the Elderly, Blind and Disabled, which may help offset some of the costs associated with assisted living.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Colorado page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Colorado page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Wheat Ridge
Wheat Ridge and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Wheat Ridge, please visit our Assisted Living in Colorado page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Wheat Ridge
Wheat Ridge-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Colorado are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Colorado page for more information about these laws.
Other Options in Wheat Ridge, CO
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Wheat Ridge
Review of The Verandas at Wheat Ridge
The Verandas at Wheat Ridge were dated. The rooms were nice. The staff member who gave me the tour was excellent and very helpful. The dining area looked good. Read more
Review of The Retreat at Highlands
The Retreat at Highlands was cold, wasn't colorful, and wasn't inviting at all. I only saw one empty room and it had a shared bath, so it wasn't very acceptable. There weren't curtains at all in th... Read more
Review of The Verandas at Wheat Ridge
I was really impressed with the young lady that walked me around The Verandas at Wheat Ridge; she was quite committed. It's the oldest place I've visited, but I found everybody very comfortable and... Read more