20 Assisted Living Facilities near Broomfield, CO
There are 20 Assisted Living Facilities in the Broomfield area, with 3 in Broomfield and 17 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Broomfield is $4,557 per month. This is higher than the national median of $3,400. Cheaper nearby regions include Lafayette with an average starting cost of $4,161.
To help you with your search, browse the 177 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Broomfield. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Broomfield 4.1 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Lafayette with an average rating of 4.3 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Broomfield, call (855) 863-8283.
3 Assisted Living Facilities in Broomfield, CO
17 Assisted Living Facilities near Broomfield, CO
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Broomfield
Broomfield, Colorado, which is located southeast of Boulder, has a population of 65,065. This includes the 15.5 percent of city residents who are over the age of 60. In and around Broomfield, there are 44 assisted living facilities with two located in the city, giving seniors plenty of choices for community care. Government oversight of Broomfield-area Assisted Living facilities is guided by the Colorado Council on Assisted Living which reports to the the Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Broomfield
- Express buses travel from Broomfield to Denver and Boulder, connecting with metro Denver’s Regional Transportation District (RTD), which has wide-area bus service, commuter and light rail all with senior discounts. Access-a-Ride paratransit service is provided by RTD for ADA-qualified seniors and disabled people.
The climate in Broomfield has, on average, 248 sunny days per year for seniors to enjoy the outdoors. There's an average of only 15 inches of rain per year, but an above average 48 inches of snow.
- The cost of living in the Broomfield area is a bit above Denver’s cost of living, but well below Boulder’s. The cost of housing is the major driving factor with other expenses near the national average.
- Property and violent crime scores in Broomfield are 30.6 and 20.7 out of 100. National average values for property and violent crime are 38.1 and 31.1, respectively. This means seniors should feel fairly safe when traveling through town.
- The City of Broomfield offers senior services including classes, trips and events and outdoor activities. RTD SeniorRide provides seniors with transportation to major concerts and other performances in Denver and Boulder
- The Denver area is high on the American Lung Association’s Most Polluted Cities list for ozone and short-term particulates. Nearby Boulder even scores an “F” for ozone problems. Combined with the effect of the area’s high altitude, some seniors with respiratory problems may need special care.
Paying for Assisted Living in Broomfield
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Colorado
Assisted Living costs in Broomfield start around $4,557 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Broomfield and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Broomfield
Colorado provides access to Medicaid resources and an OAP (old age pension) system to help seniors pay for care and expenses. Specific programs such as a county-administered adult foster care (AFC) program may also help. Broomfield County can help seniors find resources and assistance.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Colorado page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Colorado page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Broomfield
Broomfield and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Broomfield, please visit our Assisted Living in Colorado page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Broomfield
Broomfield-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Colorado are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Colorado page for more information about these laws.
Other Options in Broomfield, CO
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Broomfield
Review of Sunrise at FlatIrons
Sunrise at FlatIrons was new, but they didn't have small cottages. It was all one big three-story high building, and we didn't like that. The rooms were small, but everything seemed clean. It just ... Read more
Review of Sunrise at FlatIrons
Sunrise at FlatIrons had both assisted living and independent living and they were great. They showed me a sample activity schedule and it looked like they had plenty of activities. They had an are... Read more
Review of Sunrise at FlatIrons
I toured Sunrise at FlatIrons, and it was very nice and clean. They also have great amenities, and the person who gave me the tour was very good. I saw the dining area and it was very nice. Read more