110 Assisted Living Facilities near Arvada, CO
With an average cost of $4,070 in Arvada, it’s often difficult to find assisted living communities that provide high-quality care at an affordable price. At Caring.com, our mission is to make this process as smooth and painless as possible, and we’ve helped many families along the way.
This guide provides everything you need to quickly compare communities and narrow your search, including 68 unique reviews from residents and our comprehensive database that gives pricing, amenity information, photos and more on the 15 facilities in Arvada.
Top 10 Assisted Living Facilities in Arvada, CO
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Arvada
Arvada is the seventh most populous city in Colorado and is within distance of the Colorado State Capitol. Within the Arvada area, there are 57 assisted living facilities, 12 in Arvada and 45 nearby. The Department of Public Health and Environment, Health Facilities and Emergency Medical Services Division regulates assisted living facilities (ALFs) and makes their Code of Colorado Regulations available online so residents can stay informed about ALF policies and practices.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Arvada
- Arvada is located within both Jefferson and Adams Counties. While Jefferson County received an F ranking from The American Lung Association, the eastern part of town lies in Adams County, which has an Ozone grade C and Particle Pollution 24-hour score of B. Seniors with respiratory health concerns may have an easier time in Adams County.
- The cost of living in Brighton is 27 percent higher than the rest of the state. This could be an issue for seniors with limited funds.
- Arvada boasts a very low rate of violent crime of 10.7 out 100, and it's more than 20 points lower than the U. S. average. Property crime is also relatively low at 36.2 versus the national average of 38.1.
- Seniors with limited mobility and a low tolerance for cold may not enjoy Arvada in the winter. The annual snowfall is a high 65 inches per year, and January averages a low of 19 degrees. The summer, though, has a comfortable average high of 88 degrees and 246 days of sunshine.
- Arvada has an array of community resources for seniors, including the Police Senior Liaison and Colorado Life Trak programs, which aim to keep seniors safe and accounted for as well as the Apex Community Recreation Center.
- With its large public bus system and new RTD G Line, seniors are able to travel all around the Arvada area through Adams County and into Denver. These transit options are wheelchair and scooter accessible and offer discounts with proof of age.
Paying for Assisted Living in Arvada
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Colorado
Assisted Living costs in Arvada start around $4,070 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Arvada and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Arvada
Seniors in Colorado have many options if they need financial aid. Residents can apply to three non-state funded programs for help with assisted living costs. The state's Medicaid plan, Health First Colorado also helps cover costs and provides waivers to those eligible.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Colorado page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Colorado page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Arvada
Arvada and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Arvada, please visit our Assisted Living in Colorado page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Arvada
Arvada-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Colorado are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Colorado page for more information about these laws.
Other Options in Arvada, CO
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Arvada
Review of Ralston Creek Neighborhood
Ralston Creek Neighborhood was really nice. It looked new and modern. The studio apartment I saw was really nice, it had a little kitchenette, a pretty good-size closet, and a bathroom. They have a... Read more
Review of Springwood
I was hoping so much that I liked the inside of Springwood in Arvada because the grounds were really nice. They have a pond next to it, walking trails, and the exterior was very nice. The inside wa... Read more
Review of Arbor View Senior Living
We took a tour at Arbor View Senior Living for my mom, and it was very pleasant; it is well taken care of. The people are friendly, and the staff were great, from William, the chef, to Carrie, who ... Read more