25 Assisted Living Facilities near Northglenn, CO
There are 25 Assisted Living Facilities in the Northglenn area, with 3 in Northglenn and 22 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Northglenn is $3,097 per month. This is lower than the national median of $3,500. Cheaper nearby regions include Aurora with an average starting cost of $2,969.
To help you with your search, browse the 191 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Northglenn. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Northglenn 3.9 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Thornton with an average rating of 4.0 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Northglenn, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 10 Assisted Living Facilities in Northglenn, CO
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Northglenn
Northglenn has a population of about 38,000 and is close to Denver and the opportunities there such as the Denver Art Museum. Proximity to big cities can benefit senior citizens seeking assisted living in an area with much to do. There are three assisted living facilities in Northglenn, and 59 nearby to consider. In Colorado, the Department of Public Health and Environment licenses assisted living residences. Assisted living facilities help residents with the activities of daily living, including bathing, grooming and eating, as well as medication monitoring and general care.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Northglenn
- You can expect to be reasonably comfortable in Northglenn. Its climate scores 72 out of 100 on the Sperling’s Comfort Index while the United States averages 54 out of 100.
- Life is sunny in Northglenn. It averages 246 sunny days yearly compared with the U.S. average of 205 days. There is also snow in Northglenn to the tune of 44 inches a year. That’s higher than the national average of 26 inches. As for rainfall, Northglenn gets 15 inches yearly compared with 39 inches for the national average.
- The cost of living in the Denver area is 12 percent higher than the national average, according to Payscale calculations. Housing costs about 33 percent more than the national average, while transportation and health care cost about 5 percent more.
- The air quality in the Denver region can be concerning. It earns D grades from the American Lung Association for ozone pollution and 24-hour particle pollution. This grade means that the air can be unhealthy for sensitive populations such as the elderly.
- Denver's violent crime rate is 6.63 per 1,000 residents. The chances of being the victim of a violent crime in the city are 1 in 151, which can be worrisome for seniors.
- The area offers many senior-friendly activities. In arts and culture, there are the Denver Art Museum, the Stage Theatre, the Denver Performing Arts Complex and seven art districts plus much more. Denver offers professional and university sports teams, and the diverse outdoor opportunities meet varying fitness and mobility levels. Parks such as Northwest Open Space and Carpenter Park Fields are in Northglenn or right outside.
Paying for Assisted Living in Northglenn
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Colorado
Assisted Living costs in Northglenn start around $3,097 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Northglenn and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Northglenn
Colorado has two programs that provide services in assisted living to groups such as the elderly and adults who have physical disabilities or mental illness. You may qualify for the Elderly, Blind, and Disabled Waiver or the Home and Community-Based Services Waiver for Community Mental Health Supports.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Colorado page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Colorado page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Northglenn
Northglenn and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Northglenn, please visit our Assisted Living in Colorado page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Northglenn
Northglenn-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Colorado are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Colorado page for more information about these laws.
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Northglenn
Review of Northglenn Heights Assisted Living Community
This place has many issues from changing management to learning how to be professional. My sister in law has her mother living there and never did we struggle like we did there. They have great sta... Read more
Review of Northglenn Heights Assisted Living Community
Northglenn Heights felt more like a hospital. The dining area was a little small, but adequate. The only studio available was up on the third floor, and my mother-in-law did not want to be on the t... Read more
Review of Sunnyslope Estate Senior Living
Sunnyslope Estate was fine. The staff members were friendly. They had a nice outdoor atrium. However, it is not the environment that we want. Their rooms are single rooms with big living areas rath... Read more