Pikes Peak Care and Rehabilitation Center

Reviews of Pikes Peak Care and Rehabilitation Center

Nursing Home Reviews for Pikes Peak Care and Rehabilitation Center

February 11, 2017

By Always Aware

My father-in-law has been there for rehabilitation for several weeks. He adores the staff. They have been very friendly to him and the rest of the family. They have been nothing short of miraculous in his ability to recover. When he went into the facility, we were sure he would not have long to live. They have restored his health, confidence, and the ability to function well. He is doing so well that he is moving to an assisted living facility. I would highly recommend.

August 23, 2011

By upset relative

I put my mother in this facility to get her some rehabiliation and all they seemed to care about was the money. They did not even unpack her suitcase after her being there three days. They put a diaper on her and did nothing for her. I got her out of there as soon as I could. They have too many patients and not enough staff. The social worker there was too busy on the phone with a personal call even to fax paperwork for me to transfer her out of that horrible place. I suggest you look long and hard before you send you loved one to that people warehouse.

Services and Amenities of Pikes Peak Care and Rehabilitation Center

• Overall:
  • Date Certified: 10/01/2020

About Pikes Peak Care and Rehabilitation Center

Colorado Springs is the home of the Pikes Peak Center, which offers short- and long-stay rehabilitation and nursing services, along with memory support and respite care. Located within a residential community, the Center is adjacent to several professional buildings housing primary/family care, gastrointestinal medicine and interventional pain management medical practices.

Within the homelike setting at the Pikes Peak Center are spacious private and semi-private rooms with bathrooms, a comfortable group dining room, indoor and outdoor common areas and a sunroom.  A fitness center is equipped to provide physical and occupational therapies to return and maintain each resident’s well-being and function. Round-the-clock nurses and other caregivers assist with daily activities while monitoring each resident’s health status. Attending physicians oversee residents' health care, and direct specialized services including vision and wound care, orthopedic rehabilitation, dementia care and other therapies. Specially trained memory care staff interact compassionately with mild to severe dementia residents to improve quality of life.

To improve vitality, wellness and a positive state of mind, daily activities that connect with residents’ interests and abilities promote an environment adaptable to all, with both stimulation and restfulness. A laundry facility and housekeeping service, with pharmaceutical and newspaper delivery, contribute to the community’s effectiveness in a return to optimal health and vitality.

Map of Pikes Peak Care and Rehabilitation Center