Sunny Vista Living Center

Reviews of Sunny Vista Living Center

Nursing Home Reviews for Sunny Vista Living Center

September 26, 2017

By montgd7

Sunny Vista staff were remarkable, especially the nurses! I got the care I needed during my stay, and they showed me how to care for myself so I was prepared for being home. Although I am housebound today, I am looking forward in the next couple of days to venture out, all because of Sunny Vista! My son and daughter were impressed by all the caring staff that helped me and it gave them the confidence I was being taken good care of. I wouldn't change anything regarding my care and will choose Sunny Vista if needed in the future.
Montgd7, thanks for your praise and kind comments about our team. Our team strives to deliver an excellent experience, and are glad you found this to be the case during your visit. If you have further needs or questions, please reach out!

September 17, 2017

By forthenurses

They never seem to have enough staff and the staff they do have there look completely exhausted. I overheard them saying they had a call light on and they didn't know for how long because their little phone thing wasn't connecting to the internet.
We are disappointed to learn of your experience here at Sunny Vista Living Center, but will take this opportunity to improve. Thanks for bringing this matter to our attention. We would like to get more details about this; please reach out to us at your earliest convenience.

September 09, 2017

By Justin M

While the building is very nice and the on location staff seem to be doing the best that they can something is severely disconnected at this place. I would recommend if other options are available please take them as the level of care, or rather lack thereof my mom has received here is staggering and I would not want anyone to have to go through what she has dealt with at this facility. Mom was admitted to the rehabilitation facility after undergoing major surgery to help get her ready to come home. After nearly a week there her condition has deteriorated rather than improved to the point where she may need to be re-admitted to the hospital rather than coming home. As mentioned most of the on-site nurses and CNAs are very caring, helpful and attentive (with several notable exceptions) when available but seem to be severely over worked and are frustrated with their inability to adequately care for their patients. Some wait time is normal and expected at any care facility but the recurring daily theme throughout mom’s stay has been 3-6 hour waits past the scheduled time for any sort of scheduled medication including pain and nausea medication which were prescribed to her by her surgeon after her surgery and lengthy waits for any type of response to calls for assistance to the point where she becomes extremely sick, cannot keep even water down and has become very dehydrated. While the staff is nice no one has done anything to help figure out why she is getting worse and not better. She feels abandoned by staff even though family members have been with her for the majority of the day every day since she was admitted and try to help and get assistance for her, this got so bad that she had a literal panic attack while we were there waiting with her, something which she has never had before, she thought she was having a heart attack or a stroke and that still did nothing to speed up anything or get her care, the staff simply seems to spread too thin. Contrary to what we were told there is no doctor on site and as is standard the nurses are not able to do much of anything without authorization from the doctor, but the doctors are only available by phone and seem to be working at other locations and this facility must not be a very high priority for them as the wait times to hear back from any of the doctors are 3+ hours at minimum regardless of the time of day or critical nature of the situation. Until they get things figured out to be able to adequately care for patients and get the proper staffing to handle the amount of patents they have unless you or your family member is completely self-sufficient and does not require any scheduled medications this is not a good place for rehabilitation or care. Bottom line is this: we are removing mom from this facility prior to when she was scheduled for release as we feel her safety is at risk the longer she stays here.
Justin M, we strive for 100% satisfaction, and we regret to find out that this was not the case. We appreciate you bringing this experience to our attention. If you are willing, please contact us so we can work towards a resolution. We look forward to hearing from you.

September 06, 2017

By fd2

All the staff at Sunny Vista are nice and helpful and I LOVED the food. If I ever need to go back for rehab again, Sunny Vista will be #1 choice!
Hi Fd2! We're so happy we were able to help you out! We look forward to your next visit! Take care!

February 23, 2017

By Debbie Rondy

Thank you Thank you and thank you again for the way you treated my mom Loretta with such respect and love !!!!!! and a special thank you to Barb Debbie Rondy

February 21, 2017

By Judy A

I can't say enough about the staff at Sunny Vista, what a caring group of individuals and a beautiful building to boot. If I ever need rehab again it's only Sunny Vista for me. I thank my friends all the time for suggesting the rehab center to me.

February 11, 2017

By Jim Sorenson

My mother had been a resident of Sunny Vista for many years and passed away recently at the age of 102+. I visited many times until I was not no longer able,due to disability. Whenever I was there, the care shown my mother and other clients nearby was always exceptional and my brothers and sisters-in-law all felt that we were lucky that Mom was able live at Sunny Vista. Even though I was no longer able to travel, I talked with my Mother by phone many times and she was always happy at Sunny and was appreciative of the care she received. My brothers kept up a good stream of visits and they kept me in the loop as to what she was up to and how she was doing. I would recommend Sunny Vista to anyone living in the Colorado Springs region. Jim & Linda Sorenson

February 07, 2017

By Marc Sorenson

Mom died last week at 102 years of age. She was a permanent resident at Sunny Vista for 7 years. My brothers (& sisters-in-law) and I (& my wife) visited her fairly often and were able to observe the staff interaction with mom and the other guests (patients). Although the meals are the expected institutional fare, we found the staff to be unfailingly kind and loving with mom (and with the other guests we were able to observe). We feel blessed that mom was able to spend her last few years in a caring, loving facility like this.

October 12, 2015

By appalled, with Administrator

Would not put my dog there, looks great from the outside and inside, my sister went there for rehab, did not give her a shown it took my hours for someone to pick up phone, finally got a nurse, not hers but went and got hers, she got her bed bath at midnight. Meds are late 2 hours for her pain, when you are in pain that is a long time!, Do not answer call lights, My sister cried for two hours before she could get her meds, that were late! I stayed on the phone with her I heard everything, the way that talked to her was disgraceful! Do not put your love one there!

September 10, 2015

By Medical Provider

My family member is there due to post op knee surgery. Horrible service since day one. Nobody seems to know what the hell is going on in regards to his care. Some how he couldn'f find his hearing aids which are highly expensive whether someone took them or something happend, who knows. Now he fell out of his bed because he had to go to the bathroom. He called the nurse for help and they didn't show up to help him so he decided to go on his own because the nurse light means nothing apparently to the nurses or just ONE nurse. They have lied to us since the beginning. I would not recommend this place if it was the only place around. DO NOT GO HERE, find somewhere else if you can. We are now taking him somewhere else after one week of care there because they don't know how to take care of their patients. Horrible experience since the first day my family member was admitted.

July 20, 2015

By Marti Grant

My father was in rehab and then long-term care for eight months. I can only say positive things about his care from the CEO/front desk/therapists/all caregivers/housekeeping/maintenance/food service. It was his home-and his family's, also. Our needs were always met promptly and respectfully. My father was treated with dignity and kindness. I have-and will continue to recommend this facility to clients who require rehab and/or long-term care. Again, my sincere gratitude to everyone who cared for my father with professional care/concern-and love.

January 05, 2015

By ChooseCarefully

Don't be fooled by the pretty new building. What really matters is the staff that is working with your loved one. My mother was in rehab there for a brief time - from the beginning, it was clear that they did not want her there. The social worker assigned to us was unsympathetic and unhelpful. She avoided us and lied to me. She promised information about prognosis and discharge date, and this information was never provided until the day she sprung on us that my mother was being discharged. We had to scramble to get care provided at home. I will say that some of the CNA's were great. They had a really good speech therapist, and some caring people in physical therapy. But I left this place with a really bad taste in my mouth, and would not recommend it.

June 17, 2014

By Walker1

I had surgery, and I was at Sunny Vista Living Center for rehabilitation for three weeks. The building where I stayed was two years old. It was clean and excellent. They had long-term residents and assisted care, too. The staff seemed to find what you needed at the time when you needed it, and it was addressed in a really friendly manner. The therapists got me up and moving. The care couldn't have been better. The food was quite nutritional. Some days it was tasty, and some days it wasn't. But maybe that was because I had surgery. All rooms were private. My experience was professional and quite excellent.

November 27, 2012

By smiling_child

When I go to see my grandma there is a nice lady that is at the front desk. She walks you to the room if you don't know where to go. The providers at Sunny Vista are great with the care of my grandma. They go out of their way to help her. They even came in on there day off to check on her. They take her to rehab and work great with her. There is a lot of games and crafts they have everyday to do. As, she doesn't play them cause she wouldn't know how or where to go / follow them with her disease. There is a beautiful salon inside the building to get you hair done. This facility is the best. The building is new and clean. The staff is wonderful. My grandma has Alzheimer's and she doesn't remember anyone. If you have to be in an assist living home this would be the place to stay. We love the stuff and the care we are receiving there.

August 25, 2012

By JimmBb

I live a thousand miles away, put Mom into the facility until I could bring her own home up to code for 24/7 care needs, have been lied to countless times by one of the social workers, and have yet to see one shred of paper regarding charges. Social worker has impeded discharge process, even though it was HE who gave me the initial discharge date which was too soon to arrange placement, and adult protective services intervened and forced them to extend. This is on a PRIVATE PAY!! Beware this place....

July 29, 2012

By scotgirl

This facility does not have a dementia unit yet accepts late stage dementia/AD patients. Athough they try hard they are not setup to take care of dementia patients and the extra time it takes to ive personal attention. I would not recommend this facility do anyone if your love has dementia.

Continuing Care Retirement Community Reviews for Sunny Vista Living Center

Photos of Sunny Vista Living Center

Services and Amenities of Sunny Vista Living Center

• Overall:
  • Ownership Type: Non Profit Corporation
  • Date Certified: 06/01/2019

About Sunny Vista Living Center

One of the things that makes Sunny Vista so popular is its homelike atmosphere. Yes, we offer a full range of healthcare concierge services, but in the end it’s our caring staff and warm, comfortable setting that make spending time here such an energizing and uplifting experience. Every resident, no matter the payer source, will have a private room and restroom*.

For people who are unable to manage independently in the community, Sunny Vista has a long history of providing both medical and personal long-term care and support. This care is individualized and coordinated to support each individual’s needs and focuses on promoting a person’s independence and quality of life.

The Sunny Vista level of long-term care ranges from assisting with a person’s daily tasks to providing the expertise of skilled practitioners to address conditions generally associated with older adults.

Making the decision to move a loved one to a long-term-care facility can be difficult, and finding the location that best suits your loved one and your family can also be difficult. We encourage you to call us and schedule a visit to see how vibrant life can be at Sunny Vista.

Skilled Nursing at it's best!

*Sunny Vista has 5 suites that share one restroom