Winslow Court Colorado Springs, CO

Reviews of Winslow Court

Assisted Living Reviews for Winslow Court

February 27, 2016

By Visitor124693050

Welcome, received very courteous, offered light breakfast, very nice accommodations and appears to be value priced.

January 19, 2016

By Pam118471350

My mother is in assisted living at Winslow Court. The dining room is open for 12 hours a day, and they don’t have to adhere to certain hours. They can just go down and eat whenever they want at their convenience. They call in musicians and entertainers, and have games, movies, and outings. They have a bunch of activities over Christmas, like they had Santa come in and visit.

December 10, 2015

By MS6

The price at Winslow Court is within our range, and the location is close to my brother. The place is comfortable and has really good reviews online. Their staff has a very positive work attitude.

November 24, 2015

By Mary116513650

Winslow Court is our second choice. We didn’t see any activities going on, and we didn’t see any people, either. It was small, and the location was very good. I just think the apartments were small but seemed nice.

October 28, 2015

By Cinde1

Winslow Court was great. The food was wonderful -- absolutely excellent food. The accommodations were very nice, the room was spacious, and the carpet and paint were new. There are many activities for the people who live there. In fact, if I could move in, I'd move in there myself. It was really nice. Everything was clean and neat, and the dining facility was large and spacious. They had a million things for them to do that happened once a month, twice a month, or weekly. It just seemed like everybody's quality of life was so nice.

September 29, 2015

By Nancy113782450

Winslow Court was very nice. They were quite a bit more expensive. They do not have the exercise room and equipment, but their food and their dining room were wonderful. I ate lunch there. It was excellent.

August 11, 2015

My mom is in Winslow Court now. They are amazing, so kind and just wonderful. They have so much stuff for the residents. Everytime I'm there, there's always something going on, whether it's crafts, playing cards, exercise class, live music, or an outing. There's so much variety for them to choose. All the residents seem genuinely happy there. The room was a lot bigger, and it was an actual apartment.

January 05, 2015

By TaylorC

Seeing how much fun the staff has with the residents is priceless. Everyone is always smiling!

December 22, 2014

By Judy Harris

I'm especially impressed with the food at Winslow Court. Hat's off to the chef!

December 22, 2014

By Jennifer B

Beautiful place and the staff is amazing. Thank you!

December 14, 2014

By Douglas Fraijo

My mom really enjoys the entertainment and the great food! The staff is Amazing!

April 29, 2014

Winslow Court is a very nice facility and very well kept. They have good community relations, and they offer lots of entertainment. They have bingo, and they do exercise. They have lot of music programs in the afternoon and happy hour on Thursdays. They also have church services. They also take the residents to different places by their bus. I would definitely recommend this place.

August 20, 2012

By Miss Priss

Upon visiting Winslow Court, Ms. Deb met with us. She first asked a few questions regarding my dad's condition. Then she asked what kind of needs my dad would have; and whether my dad was in the military. Upon answering these questions, she provided different avenues to go. I expressed the need that when my dad moved, I wanted it to be his last time moving. So in the event of him going down hill with his health, he would remain in one facility and be taken care of as needed. I was told that would not be an issue, and there were many residence like that. We then toured the facility. The appearance was cozy. The residence seemed quiet. By the time we left, we managed to see what the dining room was like and saw a couple friends from a few years ago. One thing that was mentioned that I felt was odd was that they had 'Happy Hour'. Winslow Court provided the alcohol! That is really something my dad does not need to have considering his condition. It did make me wonder for the residence and for the reasons they were there. Since then, the friends that were living there were told that they needed to move because they required more care than Winslow Court was able to offer. Considering my previous concern regarding my dad, I am so glad that this facility was not who we had chosen.

January 06, 2012

By chattiechick

While Winslow Court seems like the dream Assisted Living Center for an aging parent, I wish we would have taken more time to check other homes in the area. I think we may have made a hasty decision and moved my mom in a little to quick. The home does have everything that she needs so she does not have to go out if she does not want too. They also offer activities for the residents and social gatherings. The staff during the week is excellent, but the weekend staff could use some lessons in manners.It also seems like everything has a price. With as much as a room cost, you would thing that they could include some of the very basic services to the residents. No one should have to pay 500.00 dollars for medication help. They are also suppose to provide a well- visit daily by the nurse, and this does not always happen. Over all my family is pleased with the facility

July 28, 2011

By Artlady

This was a very nice place until a new manager made so many rules, the place seems like a prison. Activities and maintenace were cut to a bare minimum. The Assisted Living program is unreliable, understaffed and poorly run. The facility itself is old and does not accommodate wheel chairs in the apartments or the restroom in the public area. The Food Service is top notch. If it were not for that the residents would be even more unhappy.

Independent Living Reviews for Winslow Court

July 01, 2016

By Shayla602070

I was not impressed with Winslow Court. They had stairs to get up and down to get to the elevator. It would not work for my mother-in-law. I know they will do some renovations, but it would not seem adequate for our needs. They also had a bunch of walkers and wheelchairs piled up here and there. It did not seem clean and user friendly.

June 21, 2015

By magenta sunrise

My parents have lived at Winslow Court for a little over a month now, and I couldn't be happier with our choice for assisted living for them. I am amazed that the staff always goes the "extra mile" to be accommodating. They have done so much more than one would expect to make the transition to assisted living as easy and pleasant as possible. The food is always excellent, and there are enough activity choices to keep my parents engaged and interested. They have made several nice friends already. The facility is kept clean, but is not posh and snooty - just comfortably worn and homey. I honestly can't think of one complaint, so five stars all around.

March 25, 2015

I visited Winslow Court, and the people were really nice, but I didn't like the physical facility. We didn't see any rooms because they didn't have any empty room available for us to look at. The ambience and set-up was mediocre to lower. It was just not very nice, but the people working there were very gracious. The physical building itself was very ugly, and they don't have enough land around them to make the ground outside more appealing either. However, the manager was very nice, very gracious, and hospitable -- all the people were.

March 30, 2014

By Shirley43

Mom stayed at Winslow Court Retirement. It was a large facility, which had both independent and assisted living. It was H-shaped with three floors. I liked that it was built like my college, and it felt comfortable to me. The center of the building was where the activities went on. There was a big dining hall with a chef and a huge amount of staff in there, so they would just sit there and order from their menu and they had specialties each day. Because they were so large, they had the ability to offer a lot. They had a large activity program. Every day they brought in different kinds of things. They had church services. They also had a bus that would take people where they needed to go on a set schedule each day; they just needed to sign up. They just also recently bought a town car, which people could hire if they needed to go to a different place. They had a nice big, open courtyard in between each wing. People were allowed to have a pet. They did their laundry and changed their sheets. However, since she was in the independent living, they weren't as willing to have somebody look over her shoulder all the time, as it probably had 120 people in it. When she fell and knocked herself out, nobody was looking after her, and it took a long time for her to be found.

August 21, 2012

By danny7674

On the whole, I liked the staff quite a bit. I got to know them pretty quickly and they were very friendly to my grandmother, even though they didn't speak her language (spanish). From time to time, I would see the staff sitting and chatting with the residents during meals. I think this is a sign of a good retirement home. I would describe the facility as clean and cozy. It didn't have that sterile feeling many other communities have. There was a fireplace and a TV area as well as a quiet area for visiting. The food definitely exceeded my expectations and the dining room was very elegant. My grandmother's living unit was a one bedroom with a small kitchen. It was also very clean, though a little bit old. It really just felt like an apartment which was all we wanted. As my grandmother's demensia became worse, the facility was very understanding and willing to work with her. I do not regret putting her in this facility.

November 20, 2011

By Jamie Shreve

I was impressed with the facility for the most part. However when checking a Alzheimer's patient in closer attention should be paid. My mom signed the paperwork when she had a POA who just bailed out on her, the POA was suppose to sign for her., I believe there were some legal issues.

July 30, 2011

By winslowlover

My grandmother is a resident at Winslow Court; and has lived there for many years. I first visited this facility with my family two months ago. From first glance, the property was very clean and orderly. The staff was quick to help and answer any question that was asked in a prompt manner. My grandmother gave me her personal opinion on the facility and one of the first things she mentioned was the friendly residents at Winslow. Within the first month of living there she had already made dozens of friends. From my own perspective, there were many events and activities available for their residents. For example, they had a community Nintendo Wii and often held bowling tournaments that my grandmother enjoyed on a weekly basis. I also ate at the food court and quite enjoyed the salad bar provided for everyone (as well as the ice cream treats provided after every meal!). Overall this Assisted Living Facility is more than just a place to live; it is an amazing community of individuals who care for the wellbeing and health of my grandmother!

Costs for Winslow Court

• Internet Enabled Rooms

• Home Sale Assistance

• Minimum Age: None

About Winslow Court

Our philosophy of service at Winslow Court Retirement Community is that Independent and Assisted Living encourages an active and free senior lifestyle that supports residents' privacy and dignity. Our senior apartments are considered the largest and most spacious in Colorado Springs. Winslow Court provides Independent Living, Assisted Living, Respite and Adult Day Care services. Our community environment is rich in daily activities, with all day restaurant-style dining, graciously appointed interiors and apartment styles. Our senior housing and Assisted Living environment provides full-service senior living with resort-style amenities in the heart of Colorado, serving Colorado Springs, Stratmoor, Falcon, Peyton, Briargate, Manitou Springs, Security-Widefield, Fountain Valley and surrounding communities. Come see for yourself.

Some of Winslow Courts unique features include Open Dining, meaning we have a full service restaurant open from 7am to 7pm everyday with no set dining times. Also all of our Apartments are set up to be independent or assisted living, so there is no need for a move should a resident need that transition

Map of Winslow Court