3 Assisted Living Facilities near Elizabeth, CO
Also serving communities of Elbert, Limon.
There are 3 Assisted Living Facilities in the Elizabeth area, with 2 in Elizabeth and 1 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Elizabeth is $3,500 per month. This is higher than the national median of $3,425.
To help you with your search, browse the 5 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Elizabeth. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Elizabeth 3.8 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Parker with an average rating of 4.4 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Elizabeth, call (855) 863-8283.
2 Assisted Living Facilities in Elizabeth, CO
1 Assisted Living Facility near Elizabeth, CO
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Elizabeth
Located southeast of the Denver metropolitan area, Elizabeth, Colorado is a quiet, small town near the base of the Rocky Mountains. An ideal place for assisted living, the facilities in Elizabeth follow the same guidelines as others across the state, providing room and board, along with 24-hour care to residents. There are 16 assisted living facilities in the Elizabeth area for seniors to choose from.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Elizabeth
Weather in Elizabeth, Colorado consists of four very defined seasons. Summers will crest in the high 80s, to low 90s, while winters will drop down into the teens. Snowfall is common throughout the winter, though often light. Spring and fall seasons have predictably near-perfect weather.
- Elizabeth is far enough from the Denver area to not have it’s air quality regularly affected by big city pollution. However, pollens can be a problem on a seasonal basis for some people with allergies.
- Elizabeth’s cost of living is higher than both the state and national averages. Much of this is due to home prices which are more than twice the national average and a hundred thousand dollars more than the Colorado average. Yet groceries, utilities and transportation are actually lower than the national average.
- Being a small town well outside the Denver metropolitan area, Elizabeth’s crime rate is predictably low, making it 60 percent safer than most cities in the United States, making it one of the safer small towns in all of Colorado.
- When it comes to senior transportation, Elizabeth has the Outback Express, which is sponsored by local rural towns in the Elbert Country area. It provides access to both the cities of Colorado Springs and Denver, as well as the smaller towns of Kiowa, Limon, Agate and Matheson. There are also discounts for seniors on buses and taxis in the area.
- Elizabeth has few facilities from which to choose in the event of a medical emergency or illness, with the nearest major hospital located in the town of Castle Rock a short drive to the West, just south of Denver.
Paying for Assisted Living in Elizabeth
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Colorado
Assisted Living costs in Elizabeth start around $3,500 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Elizabeth and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Elizabeth
The state of Colorado also has a Old Age Pension (or OAP) which provides financial assistance to elderly, low income Colorado residents over the age of 60. Elbert County, in which Elizabeth is located, also offers cash, food and medical assistance programs for senior residents.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Colorado page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Colorado page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Elizabeth
Elizabeth and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Elizabeth, please visit our Assisted Living in Colorado page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Elizabeth
Elizabeth-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Colorado are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Colorado page for more information about these laws.
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Elizabeth
Review of Goodwin Manor
This place is smoke and mirrors. They like to put up a good front but when you really get behind the curtain, they are all about the money. They serve the cheapest low quality food, no activities. ... Read more
Review of Pearl Assisted Living LLc
Absolutely the best. No questions. No further looking, Read more
Review of Goodwin Manor
Goodwin Manor was a small facility, and I liked it. The staff was good, and the rooms were very much like home; it was adequate and clean. They have an open dining room. Read more