61 Assisted Living Facilities near Sterling Heights, MI
There are 61 Assisted Living Facilities in the Sterling Heights area, with 13 in Sterling Heights and 48 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Sterling Heights is $2,945 per month. This is lower than the national median of $3,400. Cheaper nearby regions include Warren with an average starting cost of $2,936.
To help you with your search, browse the 368 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Sterling Heights. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Sterling Heights 4.2 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Roseville with an average rating of 4.6 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped 6 families in Sterling Heights find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Sterling Heights, call (855) 863-8283.
13 Assisted Living Facilities in Sterling Heights, MI
48 Assisted Living Facilities near Sterling Heights, MI
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Sterling Heights
A suburb of Detroit located in Macomb County, Sterling Heights has a senior population of 17 percent. The 62 assisted living facilities in Sterling Heights and the surrounding area are regulated by the Michigan Bureau of Child and Adult Licensing, a division of the Department of Human Services. These types of facilities are defined by the state as those having 25 or more residents, aged 55 or older.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Sterling Heights
- Residents of Sterling Heights, located in southeast Michigan 16 miles from downtown Detroit, enjoy four, distinct seasons. The average high temperature in January is 33 degrees Fahrenheit and 85 degrees in July.
- There are a number of transportation options in Sterling Heights. The City of Sterling Heights operates a free, curb-to-curb mini-bus service for residents 55 and older with advance notice. In addition, the Michigan Smart Bus system offers curb-to-curb service to points within 10 miles with advanced reservations.
- Sterling Heights offers a number of community services for those age 50 and older, including the Sterling Heights Senior Center, an organization that provides meals, exercise programs and senior bus transportation.
- Sterling Heights is one of the safest cities in southeast Michigan. While crime, particularly theft and property crime, is a growing problem in some Michigan cities, the crime rate in Sterling Heights is 53 percent lower than the national average, which makes the city safer than 65 percent of U.S. cities.
- The Sterling Heights area is home to world-class medical facilities, including the Henry Ford Medical Center Sterling Heights and Beaumont Sterling Heights Family Medical Center, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- There is plenty to see and do in and around Sterling Heights. The area is home to the GM Heritage Center, Emagine Theater, Freedom Hill Performing Arts Center and the Sterling Heights Nature Center. Most events and attractions in Sterling Heights offer some type of senior discount.
Paying for Assisted Living in Sterling Heights
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Michigan
Assisted Living costs in Sterling Heights start around $2,874 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Sterling Heights and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Sterling Heights
There are many financial assistance programs available for eligible Sterling Heights seniors, both at the state and the federal level. These include the Medicaid State Plan, MI Choice and Supplemental Security Income Category G.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Michigan page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Michigan page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Sterling Heights
Sterling Heights and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Sterling Heights, please visit our Assisted Living in Michigan page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Sterling Heights
Sterling Heights-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Michigan are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Michigan page for more information about these laws.
Assisted Living near Sterling Heights, MI
Other Options in Sterling Heights, MI
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Sterling Heights
Review of My Doctor's Inn
Carefriends are great but need help. They put your loved one on the toilet and then leave to help someone else leaving your family member alone. Not safe. When their busy feeding residents at mea... Read more
Review of My Doctor's Inn
The care friends were great but I was told they have no training with Dementia residents. After reading up on Dementia a lot of what they did in their memory care was done wrong. The only thing ma... Read more
Review of My Doctor's Inn
Their memory care is bad. They force food on your loved one when any article I have read says you don't do that to someone with dementia. After my Dad passed away I went to get his things and the t... Read more