Shorehaven

Reviews of Shorehaven

Assisted Living Reviews for Shorehaven

November 30, 2015

By Terry D.

Atria Shorehaven is very nice. My father has been in an apartment that's a little over 600 square feet. It's very nice and very well maintained. They offer lunch and dinner, and the meals have been very good. He enjoys the food that they have. They have a lot of activities in the facility that he is enjoying as well. It's been a very nice experience thus far. He's been there since beginning of October. They have an activity room, exercise room, rehab, and a beauty salon. They offer a lot of excursions, and they take them to restaurants, shopping, and doctor's appointments. They offered a move-in special as well that no one else did. It was more down-to-earth. They weren't trying to put on a show.

November 30, 2015

I visited Atria Shorehaven and really liked the place. The rooms were large compared to some of the other facilities I saw and had storage space that others didn’t have. The dining room was very homey, and they have a chef.

June 15, 2015

Atria Shorehaven was good. It was a very big place, and there are a lot of residents. So if you are looking for a smaller place for your family member, it would be pretty overwhelming. The marketing representative was very nice. The apartments were beautiful, and it was a nice place, but I heard it is very expensive. If you have money, it is a good place to go. They had a lot of activities. Everything was very clean.

April 27, 2015

Atria Shorehaven is a lot older; the rooms are a little bit old, small and outdated. The outside of the building was OK. The staff was all nice, dressed nicely, talked nicely, and they were pleasant, nice, and good. The dining was very nice and clean with nice tables and nice linens. They have cards, bingo, horse racing, movie nights, and crafts. They need to update their rooms and hallways as it is kind of gloomy. Security was good because the doors are locked, and you have to buzz in.

Thanks for your review. We're always looking for ways to enhance our community, so we appreciate you sharing your valuable feedback. If you'd like to share more suggestions with us, please reach out to us at customerservice@atriaseniorliving.com.

November 11, 2014

Atria Shore Haven is an OK facility, but their rooms are small for the price that it has. We have been invited to different activities that they have, so they do have activities. I just think they need to lower the cost for the price for their rooms.

August 28, 2014

By lfm0820

Atria Shorehaven saved my aunt's life when she had a stroke! An alert staff member caught it as it was happening and called 911. After two days in the hospital and a small amount of physical therapy, she is back in her apartment at the facility and we are very happy! Great staff that KNOWS each resident as an individual and watches out for them. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!

June 26, 2014

Atria was in a nice location because it's just 3 miles from my husband's doctor and 2 miles from my doctor. It's very close to the hospital, too. It's located on a lake, which was very nice. Its apartments are very nice. The staff is very accommodating.

June 23, 2013

By Runner23

We moved my Mom in over a year ago and it has to be the best thing that's happened to her in years! After my Dad's passing, although pretty independent, she just sat in the house. We were so impressed with all the activity and it was the first place we stopped at that didn't feel like a ghost house inside. The residents and their families had stopped us all along our tour just raving about how happy they were. That spoke more than their sales person could have. Now that she's there, we have peace of mind because the staff is so loving with her and she is just thrilled with all the activities, outings and new friends. Beware though, she's gained 10 pounds this past year. Their from-scratch cooking is hard to pass up on and it's easy to eat a bit too much! Overall, we're very satisfied. They've become an extension of our own family.

April 09, 2013

By caring3702

We are moving into Atria Shorehaven next month. The place was very clean, the staff was very cordial and all very good. The apartments are big, the grounds are nice, and they have many activities. There was a whole board listed throughout the day of what they will be having for the residents.

July 27, 2011

My mother and step-dad were residents at Atria Shorehaven. They had their own little cute apartment with assistance services to help them as needed. After he died we had to move her, as they are not equiped to handle moderate dementia. The facility is nicely maintained and run. The public living room has a welcoming fireplace. The dining room is nicely decorated, bright and cheery. Many activities took place there including music and dancing. The residence have choices of meals. As always, more fresh fruits and veggies would be nice, but understandably difficult. The caregivers and administration were caring, considerate and friendly. They know their residence on a first name basis and their health concerns. We did not want to move our mom, but dispite having her at their highest level of services (dressing etc.) they could not properly monitor her. Only after moving her to a private group home and now a larger Alzheimer facility can we appreciate how very nice Atria was/is.

We are happy to hear that your family had a good experience at Atria Shorehaven. Your suggestion for more fresh fruits and vegetables will certainly be passed along to our culinary team. Best wishes to you and your family!

June 30, 2011

By GuiCyber

My family and I were looking at places for our grandmother, we went and visited Atria Shorehaven and I was pretty impressed. It's a very beautiful facility and it's different from a lot of the others I've seen because it helps to make the people who live there feel more independent. Instead of feeling like a hospital environment it actually feels like an apartment building for seniors. They have a lot of social activities, and there is a lot of stores, restaurants, and businesses close by. There is also a lake close by so between the lake and the businesses there is a lot to see and do. Even though it encourages a more independent lifestyle they still have the advantages of a senior facility like an emergency button in each apartment, an on person emergency pendant for each person, 24 hour caregivers, and assistance with medications. The employees were very nice and helpful to us, and answered all of our questions.

June 24, 2011

By SnowboardEvar

I really loved Atria Shorehaven. The staff was always smiling at you and always ready to help you with whatever you need. The rooms are absolutly amazing. They are a little on the small side but without a doubt the nicest rooms I have seen in terms of quality. In my opinion, the best thing about Atria Shorehaven is that every apartment has emergency operation system. I always worry that something will happen to my family and now i know that if it were to happen they would have an easy way to connect with someone who can help.

Independent Living Reviews for Shorehaven

March 06, 2017

By Kandice K.

Atria Shorehaven was a very nice place. They have been in business for 27 years. They do continental breakfast, lunch, and dinner, so they have 3 different meal times. They have a little snack bar that was kind of like a coffee house right in front, which was nice and convenient. They had the lifeline bracelet and necklace, which was a nice safety feature, in addition to the courtesy check. Every place that we went to has a courtesy check, but this also had a lifeline, and you could choose between a necklace or bracelet for the residents to wear. They also could include a carport, so they have options for parking which includes covered parking. They have a town car which was almost like a personal limousine for the residents to use on appointments six days a week, and for big events, they had the shuttle. The staff was super sweet. It was the most professional place that we visited from an organizational standpoint. But at the same time, when you have that professionalism, you also have to pay for that. So they were the most expensive place we looked at, and we had to exclude them due to cost. They were convenient to a shopping mall; they were literally right across the street from the mall. There were a lot of conveniences, and they also pride themselves on being the most active community. They have more activities than you can fit on a calendar, but the cost was out of our price range.

July 21, 2016

By A Fellow Reviewer854652

My mother is at Atria Shorehaven. I like the facility. The woman I talked to was very honest, so that's why we chose it. They have a library, workout room, movie room, and a beautiful dining room. It's very nice. They have menus, but if you don't want what they're serving, there are lots of different choices. They have activities every single day.

December 22, 2014

Atria Shorehaven looked beautiful. I like the client-employee interaction, and it was very welcoming. It was clean, and there wasn't anything that I didn't like about it. Everybody was very helpful. They went out of their way to make sure that I saw the rooms that I wanted to see and got the views that I wanted to see, and I was very interested in making sure my parents got a sunny location because that is very important to them, that they be able to go out on to a balcony or go out somewhere and have sun.

May 27, 2014

Atria is very nice, and they have a big pond and a walking track around it if you want to go. The lobby isn’t that big. The rooms were smaller with a living room, bathroom, and nice kitchen, but no washer and dryer. Some were furnished, and you could try it out for six months to see if you like it. The dining area is very nice. They give you a menu and you choose what you like. The staff seemed very nice. They have activities for the month; they have sing-alongs and exercises. From what I saw, I would stay there myself.

December 01, 2011

By Social Worker # 1

I think that Atria Shore Haven is an excellent placement for some who is looking for placement for a friend or a love one. This facility is elegant inside and outside and it is near a beautiful Lake and the residents are also allowed to go out and walk along the lake shoreline. This is offered as one of the fundamental pleasures of life for choosing to live there for their residents. Their residents are offered free dining served in an elegantly rich looking dining room with crystal chandeliers and crystal dishes and fine silverware. While there, I noticed that their residents are living very free life styles. They provide for their residents with such a beautiful elegant and luxury, homey environment and atmosphere. Their residents receive the highest quality services and care from their very caring staff and management there and all are also like family towards one another. Their residents are also served very delicious delicatessen style menu with a varied menu to fit all of their residents' individual nutritional and dietary needs also on a varied restaurant style basis. There seniors love it there and their seniors love to socialize and interact with one another there. They also provide their seniors there with a vast majority of services, activities, entertainment, and recreational and off site activities as well. I would definitely recommend any and everyone 50 and over to this facility. I know that they would love it there and I know that their residents receive excellent care there. This facility is very elegant and luxury style and do not smell fresh country scent of greenery and flowers. I would have to rank Atria Shore Haven on a five plus stars rating for their excellence, elegance and for their expertise.

Questions about Shorehaven

Describe the overall population of assisted living residents at Shorehaven. What is their average age? What are their favorite things to do?

Shorehaven is a vibrant mix of both independent and assisted living residents who enjoy outings, exercise and great entertainment.

What programs or activities does Shorehaven offer to enrich residents' well-being?

What places are near Shorehaven or within walking distance for assisted living residents to enjoy?

Shorehaven is located within walking distance of Lakeside Mall, fine dining and the Henry Ford and Beaumont health centers.

What transportation services does Shorehaven offer to assisted living residents?

Shorehaven offers all residents complimentary scheduled transportation within a five mile radius of our community. We also have a shuttle available for group outings and for those who need transport utilizing our wheel chair lift.

What makes the chef or dining program at Shorehaven exceptional? What kind of menu can assisted living residents expect?

Residents at Shorehaven enjoy a light continental breakfast and full hot lunch and dinner, restaurant style. Every Wednesday we have an omelette bar at lunch service. Our residents have daily specials as well as an anytime menu to satisfy their varied tastes and dietary needs. We also offer special brunches and themed buffets throughout the month. Our residents are proud to have their friends and family join them for a meal, at the minimal additional cost of $6 per guest meal.

What safety features or security measures does Shorehaven offer to assisted living residents?

Shorehaven has locked entries from the outside in meaning our building is completely secure 24/7, offering the highest degree of security. However, we are not locked from the inside out. Our residents are free to come and go. All residents are given a lifeline system so they might call for help for emergency or care needs. All restrooms are equipped with an emergency pull cord as well.

How does Shorehaven keep residents' families informed about their loved ones?

The best way to communicate with our families is through daily interaction within the communities, family meetings and updates via the phone. Our residents and families also receive communications via email, newsletters and mailers.

What is the care staff-to-resident ratio at Shorehaven during daytime and nighttime hours?

Shorehaven utilizes a variable care staffing ration which consistently takes into consideration our total resident care. Residents can expect in-house, round the clock care and medication technician staffing.

If Shorehaven accepts dogs or cats, what indoor/outdoor areas can they enjoy?

Our furry friends are welcome to join us in common areas but are not to be included in resident activities or shuttle outings. State laws prohibit animals in eating/dining spaces. Pet care services are part of care services offered at Shorehaven for those who can no longer care for their furry family member.

What ongoing senior care training does the staff receive?

Our staff have ongoing trainings offered by the largest training module in the healthcare industry. We continue to offer value-added services to our staff such as CPR, first aid and dementia training.

Describe the overall population of independent living residents at Shorehaven. What is their average age? What are their favorite things to do?

We have a great balance of both men and women, assisted and independent and seniors of all ages, at Shorehaven. Shorehaven offers a complete, all day/evening, events/activities selection. Some of our residents favorite activities are seated exercise classes, happy hour, entertainment, card games, WII bowling, painting classes, jewelry making, talent shows and much much more!

What places are nearby for independent living residents to enjoy?

Lakeside Mall is within walking distance of our community as are many dining establishments and all major hospital systems.

What are some recent off-site events that the community activity director at Shorehaven has organized?

Our residents LOVE outings and recently have trekked out to the Meadowbrook Mansion for a dinner tour and to Meadowbrook theatre for a holiday production. Our residents have many scenic tours, holiday light tours, fine dining outings and theatrical productions scheduled.

What transportation services does Shorehaven offer to independent living residents?

What makes the chef or dining program at Shorehaven exceptional? What kind of menu can independent living residents expect?

What common areas are available for independent living residents?

Residents utilize our dining room for large events, our cafe for a snack or beverage and also have a great room, recreation room and arts and crafts room at their disposal.

What safety features or security measures does Shorehaven offer to independent living residents?

If Shorehaven accepts dogs or cats, what indoor/outdoor areas can they enjoy?

Does Shorehaven work with an agency or registry to provide nursing and medical assistance as needed?

Yes. While we do not outsource our caregivers or medication technicians, we do have physical and occupational therapy provided onsite, by an outside provider. They also offer nursing services.

What safety features or security measures does Shorehaven provide to protect residents who wander?

Shorehaven would not be an appropriate fit for someone who wanders.

Costs for Shorehaven

Photos of Shorehaven

Services and Amenities of Shorehaven

• Companion Suites: We Do Not Offer Companion Suites

About Shorehaven

Living at Shorehaven means being a part of an active, vibrant community. Enjoy lakeside restaurant-style dining, a wealth of social activities and the freedom to explore your interests. There are countless opportunities to connect, grow and live up to your full potential. Shorehaven is more than senior living - it's a way of life.

Shorehaven has been a leader in the market for over twenty-eight years and is known for its delicious culinary program, vast array of day-to-night activities and twenty-four hour, in-house care team, all in apartment style living.

Shorehaven is an established Independent and Assisted living community located waterside, on the outskirts of Lakeside Mall.

Map of Shorehaven