Town Village Sterling Heights Sterling Heights, MI

Reviews of Town Village Sterling Heights

Independent Living Reviews for Town Village Sterling Heights

January 06, 2019

By MLS

I had put my name on the waiting list at Town Village hoping to go there. I was impressed enough with it. I liked the apartment. The lady who showed us around and took us on a tour was extremely helpful; she answered all my questions. We had steak for lunch and it was very nice.

July 31, 2018

By Tracy

The people at Town Village Sterling Heights was really good. They answered all our questions, and everything they said they were going to do was accurate. They're very thorough and called me back. They've been really good so far. They have a pool for water exercises, they have a gym, lots of activities like bingo, yoga, cards, they have movies, sing-alongs, and lots of fieldtrips and outings that they do. They pretty much have something to do every hour for the majority of the day. They have a nice dining room, a hair salon, and grounds with trees and flowers. They keep everybody active instead of just having people sit in their rooms all day. When you eat in the dining room there's always somebody sitting at your table, so they can talk and make friends. They also have crafts, med stations, church, spiritual shops, shopping and so on. The place itself is very nice, clean, and big.

January 10, 2018

By resident

I've lived in Town Village Sterling Heights for three years now. The food is very good, and that's one of the biggest attractions here. The administration is very good to me, but the company that runs the home care is short of help all the time, and I sometimes require two people instead of one. The staff has been very good to me, I can't complain about that, and they keep the place clean. The dining area is comfortable, nothing fancy, and they also have an exercise room.

As the Executive Director of Town Village, we look at all concerns our residents have and continue to work on a solution to give our residents the best experience possible. The the third party home care is not short on caregivers, that being said, I will talk with the owner to improve on services so that the resident can receive the care needed to keep his/her independence and satisfaction of care.

May 25, 2017

By sue278640

Town Village was very nice, and I liked that. The people were very nice, their food was very good, but there's no washer and dryer in the room. The 1-bedroom was small. The dining area was very nice, and they were doing food demonstration. I know somebody who lived there, and she's very happy there. The staff seemed very friendly, and the director who took me around was amazing.

April 16, 2017

By Sinder Ella

Since my parents moved in things have deteriorated. The food is awful, overcooked, small portions smothered in who knows what. There are odors coming from different areas. Residents in motorized carts run into you or over your feet. The pool is cold for the older residents. House keepers don't do much of anything..

March 06, 2017

By Kandice K.

Town Village Sterling Heights is the place we ended up going with, and mom is moving in on Saturday. When you first walk in the door, it is very open, not very old-fashioned, and you have the modern amenities. There is a jukebox when you walk in, so you have activities going on right when you walk in the door. There was a flat screen TV set up, and there were people watching TV. There is a pool at this place, so there were people in the pool swimming, there were people in the hot tub bathing, there was a whole group of men and women in the exercise room, and they had just tables and chairs set out and they were building airplanes. There were all kinds of activities going on. There were a couple ladies getting their hair done in the salon, so it was almost like being in your own mini community where all of the activities were going on at the same time, and so that was really the clicker. The other thing is when you move in they will paint the walls, replace the carpet, and change the flooring out for every resident. They had all new flooring and very modern kitchens. It was by far the cleanest place we looked at of all. And the menu was not what you see in all the other places; the menu was like full service menu, not just sandwiches, and it was appetizing. They really were welcoming to all the relatives, so “bring your family, call us in advance, and make reservation in the restaurant.” We walked down the hall, and there were people playing Wii bowling in one room that we walked by and they were trying to get mom in there to play Wii bowling with them, so the residents were really outgoing. They also put name plates outside of everybody’s door, so it really gives out a personalized feeling. She is really excited about moving in there. They do have a lot of activities and a lot of things going on. It was just before dinner time when we arrived, and there were maybe 30 or more people milling about in the hallways just sitting in little circles and talking. It just had a whole different feeling. The other thing is location. They are really close to where mom lives today, so it is convenient. It is a stone’s throw from Beaumont Hospital, which is the one mom goes to and where her doctors are, and it is right next to Walmart.

October 10, 2016

By Judy516283

We went to Town Village Sterling Heights. I toured them for my mother-in-law. It was nice. What I didn’t like about it was that it was too easy to get lost. The staff was wonderful. They had everything going on. They had exercise going on. They had a painting class going on. The food was wonderful. My mother-in-law said they treated her like a queen.

September 30, 2016

By Karen405174

Besides the people, I liked the apartment at Town Village Sterling Heights. I'm looking forward to playing cards and bingo. It had a very pretty area outside to sit. They do trips and take the residents to appointments and shopping. They serve breakfast and either lunch or dinner. The staff was very easy to approach and very knowledgeable. I chose the regular apartment with a regular kitchen. The place had a pool, a small store, and a workout room, and it had a number of rooms to play cards, watch movies, watch TV, or just sit and talk.

February 15, 2016

By Jeanine4

I was impressed with all the different features they have at Town Village Sterling Heights. They have activities, and exercise rooms. The dining-room is good. I like the layout of the building. The staff has been nice. I never had any issues with them.

November 29, 2015

By Kristen14

Mother is living in Town Village, and I decided to increase the support that she’s getting there to see how it works out. They don’t provide assisted living themselves; they have a company that comes there if you hire them. I don't have any problems at all with this facility. The staff is very helpful, very kind, and very dedicated. Any time I’ve had a concern, they addressed it immediately. She has early stages of Alzheimer's and was kind of isolating herself. She’s on the third story and the hallways are real long. She has COPD, so it’s hard for her to go anywhere. I’m a little bit worried about that because of the way the building is set up, but it’s a beautiful facility. The rooms are very nice and very well maintained. She has a one-bedroom, but they also have two-bedrooms. The swimming pool was another reason why I decided to keep her there because it’s one activity that my mother will consistently engage in. She has a cat that she loves and able to keep there.

November 29, 2015

By Terry 01

The staff and facility of Town Village were wonderful. It was more expensive but very nice. That was a top one on our list. The dining room was like a grand ballroom; it was beautiful. They also had a theater room, a library, a nice swimming pool, and a hot tub. It had an exercise room, a little gift store, and a place for residents to get their hair done.

July 06, 2015

We did go to Town Village Sterling Heights. We found it to be really nice and very clean. The staff was very friendly and knowledgeable. The rooms we saw were of decent size and very well maintained.

May 15, 2015

By Margitta

Town Village also had a pool, and it was very nice. It was also excellent the both times we were there to visit. However, they did not have a washer and dryer in their apartments. They had a lovely indoor pool and spa. The staff was very nice and very accommodating while we were there. The residents were very friendly and very welcoming. It was very clean and impressive.

May 06, 2015

By Bill106491650

Town Village is near where my mom owned a home and lived for fifty years. It has been really good because it is a very nice community. It is a little pricey, but other than that, it is really good. The staffs are excellent, and everybody here is really good. They offer three meals a day, and the food is very good. The size of the room is very good too. It is plenty enough room for my mom. My wife and my sister chose this one. They brought my mom here to look at it, and she liked it. This place has just about everything that you might need. It has a swimming pool, a large workout room, a crafts room, and a party room. For independent living, this place probably has everything that anyone might need.

September 23, 2014

By Diane95197850

Our visit at Town Village was very good. The staff all seemed very nice and really interested in their jobs. They were also enthusiastic. I was able to look at two rooms, a one bedroom and a two bedroom and we are interested in the two bedrooms because the other one is a little too small. We were able to eat there and the food was really good. They have a menu and they have three meals to choose from and if you don’t want those you can just order a cheeseburger or a hamburger; you can go off the menu. They have a pool, a craft room, library, a little store. They also have an activities director that takes people to lunch once a week if they want to go. They have different outings that they take them if they want to go. They have a little TV station. You can be as involved as you want to be.

July 29, 2013

By Annie13

I went to Town Village about one or two years ago and they toured me around the place. The facility was nice and clean. The staff are really nice and considerate. I had lunch there and it was really nice. The food was delicious. I talked to the couple that I sat with and they were nice.

May 31, 2013

By caring6688

My mother lives at Town Village Sterling Heights for two months now. I decided to have her there because they are able to meet her needs and the price is right. The place is immaculate clean. The staff are wonderful and they continue to treat my mom very well. Anytime she needed anything from maintenance they've been right there. They even have a housekeeping service that comes every other week and cleans her apartment if she wants. They have lots of activities like bingo and social events. They have a service that provides transportation for shopping and doctor's appointment. The people from the kitchen have visited her and they have weekly meetings regarding the menu. So far she is very happy. They do give people the opportunity to voice their opinions, make suggestions, and evaluate different things at the facility. The manager is very open, approachable, and visits the residents constantly. I have not found a problem yet.

Questions about Town Village Sterling Heights

What places are nearby for independent living residents to enjoy?

Town Village is near several shopping areas, eateries, movie theaters and more!

What transportation services does Town Village Sterling Heights offer to independent living residents?

Transportation to doctor appointments within a 12 mile radius. Transportation to two major hospitals (Troy Beaumont and Henry Ford). Transportation to shopping in Sterling Heights and Rochester. Transportation to St. Lawrence Catholic Church and Trinity Lutheran. Weekly outings, transportation included.

What makes the chef or dining program at Town Village Sterling Heights exceptional? What kind of menu can independent living residents expect?

What time is dinner? Whenever you choose. With dining anytime, incredible menu items and multi-venue options, you can savor the day on your own schedule. Whether you are an early riser or late sleeper, our program provides the flexibility to meet your unique lifestyle. You’ll always have a seat at the table.

What common areas are available for independent living residents?

Outdoor walking path, personal garden spaces, putting green, meditation courtyard and butterfly garden. Craft, card and game room, library and auditorium. Indoor pool and whirlpool spa

What safety features or security measures does Town Village Sterling Heights offer to independent living residents?

Town Village provides 24/7 concierge service and key fob entry.

If Town Village Sterling Heights accepts dogs or cats, what indoor/outdoor areas can they enjoy?

Located on nine acres of land, Town Village features walking paths and beautiful garden areas to enjoy while walking your dog.

Costs for Town Village Sterling Heights

• Tai Chi
  • Activities Extra: Computer Class

• Home Sale Assistance

About Town Village Sterling Heights

Town Village Senior Living goes beyond senior housing. We strive to provide an exceptional lifestyle filled with friendships, endless activities, and exceptional attention to detail. From all day restaurant-style dining to life enriching activities, we offer a wealth of thoughtfully designed services and amenities, plus so much more, included in your monthly rent.

Come sit by the stone fireplace, catch up at the coffee bar, or socialize by the jukebox in Town Hall. Entertain your family in our private dining room, or join us in the bustling Town Square overlooking the indoor pool. Take one of the many classes offered in our fitness center, or take in a matinee in our auditorium. Grab a book from our cozy, resident-run library, or pick up last-minute needs at our Village Nook convenience store.

Step outside and discover peaceful outdoor spaces for strolling the grounds, visiting with friends or gardening in our resident gardens. Our nine-acre community boasts several courtyards, a one-third mile walking path, a putting green, meditation courtyard, and a butterfly garden.

Great restaurant-style dining 7am-7pm, salon, pool, spa, fitness center, store, carport parking (monthly fee).

Map of Town Village Sterling Heights