118 Assisted Living Facilities near Farmington Hills, MI
With an average cost of $3,136 in Farmington Hills, it’s often difficult to find assisted living communities that provide high-quality care at an affordable price. At Caring.com, our mission is to make this process as smooth and painless as possible, and we’ve helped many families along the way.
This guide provides everything you need to quickly compare communities and narrow your search, including 120 unique reviews from residents and our comprehensive database that gives pricing, amenity information, photos and more on the 12 facilities in Farmington Hills.
12 Assisted Living Facilities in Farmington Hills, MI
106 Assisted Living Facilities near Farmington Hills, MI
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Farmington Hills
Farmington Hills has been named as one of the best places to live in the United States by several magazines. Seniors there, including those who live in the area's 59 assisted living facilities (ALFs) will find plenty to do, including parks, shopping and museums.
ALFs in Michigan are regulated by the Michigan Bureau of Child and Adult Licensing, a division of the Department of Human Services. ALFs are defined by the state as those having 25 or more residents, aged 55 or older, providing both housing and some level of care, such as grooming , help with remembering to take medication and eating.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Farmington Hills
- Located in southeast Michigan between Detroit and Ann Arbor, Farmington Hills has four distinct seasons. The area is known for its warm summers and cold, snowy winters. The average high temperature in Farmington Hills in January is 30 degrees Fahrenheit and 82 degrees in July.
- Farmington Hills, Michigan has an array of community resources for seniors, including the Farmington Hills Michigan Commission on Aging, an organization that provides meals, transportation, recreation and other services for residents age 50 and older, as well as a senior center.
- Crime is not nearly as big a problem in Farmington Hills as it is in many other parts of southeast Michigan. The Farmington Hills crime rate is 51 percent lower than the national average. However, this statistic bears watching, as the city's crime rate has increased by 12 percent in recent years.
- The Farmington Hills area is home to world-class medical facilities, including Beaumont Hospital, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- For seniors who drive, I-696 and I-275 cut through Farmington Hills and connect the city with other parts of the greater Detroit area. For public transportation, Dial-a-Ride and Community Transit of Farmington Hills offer limited scheduled and on-demand public transportation in the Farmington Hills, Michigan area. In addition, the Michigan Smart Bus system offers curb-to-curb service to points within 10 miles with advanced reservations, making it ideal for seniors with mobility issues.
- Farmington Hills is home to a number of cultural sites and museums. These include Maybury State Park, the Holocaust Memorial Center, Marvin's Marvelous Mechanical Museum and the Farmington Civic Theater. The majority of events and museums in Farmington Hills offer some sort of senior discount, although the qualifying age may vary.
Paying for Assisted Living in Farmington Hills
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Michigan
Assisted Living costs in Farmington Hills start around $3,136 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Farmington Hills and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Farmington Hills
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Michigan page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Michigan page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Farmington Hills
Farmington Hills and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Farmington Hills, please visit our Assisted Living in Michigan page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Farmington Hills
Farmington Hills-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Michigan are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Michigan page for more information about these laws.
Assisted Living near Farmington Hills, MI
Other Options in Farmington Hills, MI
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Farmington Hills
Review of American House Farmington Hills
American House Farmington Hills was great. They're pricey, but still okay because they had 24-hour care. It's assisted living, so there's a little level of independence they expect for you to have.... Read more
Review of Brookdale Farmington Hills
My dad is a resident of Brookdale Farmington Hills. They've been very helpful to get things done, and they were able to move him within 2 days. The place is very clean, and they really take good ca... Read more
Review of Brookdale Farmington Hills
We had a tour of Brookdale Farmington Hills. The staff member showed me the rooms and the different things that they had available. The dining room was nice. The staff seemed really friendly. We li... Read more