American House Farmington Hills

Reviews of American House Farmington Hills

Assisted Living Reviews for American House Farmington Hills

August 22, 2016

By Marge206463

Everything fit in with what we needed. We were very pleased with everybody who helped us. We have no complaints at all. My husband's sister-in-law seems to be pleased, and that's the only thing we can go by.

May 10, 2016

By Tom123534350

My mother is in here now. It is really nice, neat and she is satisfied with it. We, as a family, is satisfied with it. I think it is a good place. The monitoring is good for her. The assistance with deficiency is taking care of. The meals are great. The varieties of activities, the socialization and improving her quality of life are taken care of and it is really good. I think the staff is really well trained. They are passionate and very responsive.

May 10, 2016

By Richard123747250

I didn’t like the apartments. They were all on one floor except there was a ramp going up to another level but there were no stairs.

August 05, 2015

It was very lovely. However, with my mother-in-law's Parkinson's, we needed a place that would cater a little more to some of the lifestyle changes we are expecting in the future. The apartments were very nice. Everyone was very understanding. They answered all our questions, and they seemed to be very concerned with the residents and their comfort.

November 22, 2014

I did make arrangements for a relative of mine. It was a really good facility. I already made a deposit and on their waiting list at the moment. The staff are very accommodating and helpful. They have either two rooms or one room with a kitchenette type of place. They do have activities like they have weekly dances, music shows, card plays, walks in the park, and trips to the shopping mall; they really have a lot of recreational activities.

September 11, 2014

By Gloria32

We just visited last year. It was really nice. We were thinking of getting one of the little houses they have. The food we had there was nice, as well as the living conditions. Everybody was very nice too. They have exercise, and they watch the TVs, like a video home. I like the fact that they have little individual houses and everything was just one level.

January 31, 2014

By Charlene14

It was a nice, small community. The lady that showed us around and the director were both very accommodating and gave us a lot of information. But it was definitely out of our price range.

November 28, 2013

Mom had stayed and we chose that because of the price and the proximity to my sister. However, I did not like the facility. I thought the food was mediocre. It was not great nor bad. The caregiving part was good. They had activities and they had newsletters that told about the activities. But the building was old and poorly designed. Her whole apartment got flooded and that's why it smelled funny. They had a ramp. Mom had to go up and down and fell on the ramp. That's why she had to go to the hospital and we had to move her out.

November 27, 2013

By Cheryl18

It is very nice too except that it's on a busy road. When we went there, there was nobody there to show us around. The couple of the workers told me they can show me around and so they were really nice about it.

April 18, 2013

By Audrey5

I saw it in the magazine and I visited it. They seemed to have a lot of activities. The staff looked attentive. The rooms were just the right size but there was no kitchen.

March 09, 2012

By batling23

The facilities at this location are actually very nice. There are rocking chairs outside of the main doors where you can see some of the residents during the summer. The lobby is well appointed and warmly lit. It has a very open and calm atmosphere. Once, they had a middle school orchestra come and perform for the residents. My thoughts about the staff are slightly mixed, but positive overall. There have been a couple instances where the staff came off as rude when entering the room, but that was few and far between. The most notable experience I remember is that my Great Grandmother (the resident) accidentally pulled on the emergency cord, and two nursing assistants came sprinting down to her room, reason being that the last time the cord was pulled, she had actually fallen. It's reassuring to know that they're keeping an eye on her, instead of being negligent like some other places. I know that she's in good hands. Overall everything is clean and well appointed.

Independent Living Reviews for American House Farmington Hills

November 22, 2013

By Brenda25

The accommodations and the dining area were inviting. I was impressed with the place. There were a few activities at that time. They were having people go out on a bus to eat at a restaurant of their choice and I thought that was awesome. They had a lot of outings and also activities inside the building. The rooms were pretty just like an apartment and the kitchen was nice with nice cabinets. The staff answered all our questions and gave me a big brochure.

September 19, 2013

By Bob39

It is a nice facility. It is also conveniently located because it is closer to my brother's residence. My mom decided that's where she wants to move. It is a nice-sized place. She can progressively go into assisted living, then nursing, and then hospice when the need arise. Right now, she is in their independent living facility. She cooks her own meal. She likes it there. Her apartment is nice. It is a two-bedroom-one-bathroom apartment. I would recommend it to others.

Memory Care Reviews for American House Farmington Hills

Costs for American House Farmington Hills

Photos of American House Farmington Hills

Services and Amenities of American House Farmington Hills

• Fee Structure Extra: Entry Fee Cost : $1500

• Companion Suites: Yes

• Pets: Small Pets Allowed Only

About American House Farmington Hills

We offer a host of amenities and services are sure we will have an apartment that’s right for you! Our beautiful ranch-style community is ideally situated near shopping, dining and health care facilities. We offer the independence you want, with the services you need to transition into the next phase of your life.

American House Farmington Hills offers a continuum of care (minus skilled nursing); our community is the only option like this in the area. We pride ourselves on being very accommodating with our residents.

Map of American House Farmington Hills