Sunrise of Bloomfield Hills

Reviews of Sunrise of Bloomfield Hills

Assisted Living Reviews for Sunrise of Bloomfield Hills

March 19, 2018

By Mike

Sunrise of Bloomfield Hills was excellent. Unfortunately, Mom can't afford it, but how it presents and the people, including the residents, were wonderful. I would move her there in a heartbeat if we could afford it. I saw people congregated, and it was nice to see people being active and social. Everything looked wonderful. The only thing I didn't like was the parking outside for guests. I have problems walking, and basically I had to walk more to get in there than any other place that I've been to. The parking lot and the entrance to the building are a distance apart. The dining area was clean and bright. Everything looked clean and taken care of. They served food buffet-style. I didn't have any qualms about anything.

October 21, 2017

By Maria Lea

Sunrise looks okay from the outside...but it was not a good experience on the inside. They are either understaffed or their staff is underqualified. Many errors, mostly simple errors, which left my parent with no meds, no pull cord, and no way to communicate. The food was what you would expect at a diner. I observed issues with an other resident not receiving meds while we were there as well otherwise I'd just chalk it up to an isolated incident. Check with local police/fire/ems for a better "360". If needed they are exceptional, and Beaumont Hospital is nearby.

Good Afternoon Maria. Thank you for your feedback. We are sorry to hear about your experience at our community. We take your comments very seriously and would like to speak with you further. Please do consider emailing information (at) sunriseseniorliving (dot) com with your contact information so that we can reach out to you to learn more. Thank you. - The Sunrise Team

August 31, 2017

By Cheryl

Sunrise of Bloomfield Hills was a little bit fancier than the ones down in Florida. I did see one negative interaction with a resident. He didn't want to go change, but the gal was a little bit too forceful. The representative that showed us around was awesome, but some of the staff weren't as friendly as the others. The dining area and the common areas were perfect. They have classic movies running all the time as well as activities.

March 30, 2017

By Kathy071383

Sunrise of Bloomfield Hills was beautiful and welcoming. The people who assisted me were wonderful and excellent. The place was wonderful.

March 27, 2017

By Mark000440

Sunrise of Bloomfield was very well-maintained but extremely expensive. The rooms seem to be really well-kept. I have taken my mother there to visit her friend, it always seemed to be well-kept, and the people were very pleasant. I really particularly liked this one but to get my mother in there with a shared room, it was $3,200.

January 16, 2017

Sunrise of Bloomfield Hills was a very fancy, homey, and high-end place. I was impressed. They had a chapel and a library and activities, like field trips.

January 15, 2017

By Helene735086

Sunrise of Bloomfield Hills was very nice. The rooms were basic but nice, and the staff was very nice. They had art classes and were having a social hour while I was there. The dining area looked like a restaurant and was fine.

October 13, 2016

By Liz300266

I chose the Sunrise of Bloomfield, and my husband will move there in the next few weeks. It was smaller and very clean, and the cost was within range. Everybody said hello and introduced themselves to me, and they were just top notch.

October 13, 2016

By Tina280534

We toured Sunrise of Bloomfield. The application was a little full, so we took a packet home. It was nice. We were treated well. It was really nice. I like that they were helpful in helping us find what we were looking for and telling us what things we needed to take with us. It was a high-class and modern facility.

September 13, 2016

By Margaret666177

My mom was in Sunrise of Bloomfield. It was absolutely beautiful outside and inside. They had meals for the patients, provided baths every day and hair washing, had people come in for entertainment, and played bingo and that sort of thing. They allowed us to eat with her on the very first and last day, and it was not bad. My mother ate the food. They had a salon. The outside was beautifully landscaped with well-trimmed bushes and beautiful floral arrangements.

May 10, 2016

By Irene33

Everything was good at Sunrise of Bloomfield Hills. The apartments seemed just fine. It was very warm and had nice atmosphere and nice rooms The staff I met was fine.

April 25, 2016

By Richard123442750

I thought Sunrise of Bloomfield Hills was really nice, very well kept, and classy. It seemed that they had quite a bit of activities, too, and I was impressed that they had a little food sampling, which was quite good. The community was nice, but it might be a little more than the price range in which I was looking.

June 30, 2015

By Kim110441050

I visited Sunrise and the people were very nice. I forgot the girl's name and I do not know if she was the administrator, but she was very nice. She took us on tour and showed me what she had available. They had a game room, a puzzle room and TV room where they can go watch a movie. The rooms were spacious. I thought the place was very nice.

June 14, 2015

By Carol108155750

Sunrise of Bloomfield Hills was great. The staff was great, it was very clean, and it's a newer facility. It only opened a year ago, so everything was in tip top shape there. I also found out that the Sunrises are pretty much the same across the board as far as what they offer and everything, and they are all great. I just chose the other Sunrise because of the locality.

January 21, 2015

By Philip9

The rooms at Sunrise of Bloomfield Hills were just too small -- it was all there was to it. We walked in, people sat around, and they didn't seem unpleasant or anything, but once we looked at the rooms and saw how small they were, I said this was just not the place I like.

January 09, 2015

By Mary99767450

I liked the Sunrise of Bloomfield Hills, but my sister did not. She felt that they were rushing her to make a deposit, but I did not feel that way. It has a good environment a and good atmosphere, and the staff was very nice. My son and I both liked it. I checked out a room that was open, and it seemed like it would accommodate if we were to choose that facility.

May 10, 2014

By Ericka2

Sunrise is really nice inside. They were pleasant, but the money factor was a little different there. The staff was very nice. I know they have coffee and tea, and they had breakfast when we got there. It’s very safe, although the door was open, but there was someone at the front desk.

February 26, 2014

By Laurie23

Sunrise is very clean. We're extremely happy. The only thing was they did all these activities during the day which most of the time kind of failed through. That would be my only negative response but everybody was extremely quick to answer any of our questions and they were always very willing to talk to us and I thought it was really good. They're very, very helpful. I was very pleased with it. Their dining room was like being in a restaurant. They had table cloths.

November 15, 2013

By eyarema

nice but out of price range

November 17, 2011

By Scott4094

My grandmother is currently staying at Sunrise Senior Living in Bloomfield Hills, MI. Our first impression of the home gave a very warm welcoming by the staff. We had originally went in and checked out the home before we made our decision if this was the right one for my Grandmother. Sunrise is decorated very tastefully. The flowers and landscaping outside are beyond compare. Sunrise has many programs that you can participate in which is great. Being active was one of the major key points that made us decide to go with Sunrise.My Grandma has been at Sunrise for 1.5 years now. She is very happy with the choice that we had made. She has many friends and the employee's are "Fantastic". She receive's home cooked meals on a daily basis which is always cooked fresh by on-site cooks. We as a family are very happy for her to be at Sunrise. The cost is very much worth the excellent nursing home she is living at. I am more then happy to rate Sunrise with 5 stars.

October 24, 2011

By Lisa Jackson

I have visited Sunrise of Bloomfield Hills nursing home in Bloomfield Hills, Mi 3 three times before. The first time I answered an ad in the newspaper responding to a job listing they had posted in the newspaper for direct care workers. I didn't need to be certified to work there. I went in the nursing home and completed a job application, the place looked very clean, neat and the elderly looked very well kept. The second time I went to Sunnybrook for an interview I noticed an elderly man in the hallway screaming for some help and nobody gave him any attention. He did that the whole time I was there which was about 45 minutes. The third time was to pick my cousin up from work she also was not certified and complained of how horrible others treated their patients. She said that it was only about 5 people certified there to work. They did this so that they wouldn't have to pay the certified workers more pay. I did not like visiting this nursing home the three times that I did. I was hoping to get hired so that I can make a change and help the elderly there at Sunrise of Bloomfield Hills.

July 30, 2011

This is a wonderful, caring, friendly living center. We are very happy that we chose Sunrise for our sister.

Memory Care Reviews for Sunrise of Bloomfield Hills

Questions about Sunrise of Bloomfield Hills

Describe the overall population of assisted living residents at Sunrise of Bloomfield Hills. What is their average age? What are their favorite things to do?

We have residents ranging from their 50's to over 100 years old, but the average age of our residents range from 75 - 95. The outings to the DIA, boat rides at Kent Lake and our in house live music are most popular, but there are so many other things to do! Games, lunch outings at area restaurants, trips to the market, and scenic drives. The trip to Frankenmuth, most recently was a big hit!

What programs or activities does Sunrise of Bloomfield Hills offer to enrich residents' well-being?

Exercise, gardening club, baking club, art classes, lectures as well as opportunities to "give back" to the community, are all offered, and well received.

What places are near Sunrise of Bloomfield Hills or within walking distance for assisted living residents to enjoy?

Area shopping is within walking distance. Cranbrook Museum and downtown Birmingham offer beautiful parks and grounds to explore. Our residents also like to frequent Andiamo and Mexx Restaurants nearby, when they're out with the lunch bunch.

Photos of Sunrise of Bloomfield Hills