41 Assisted Living Facilities near Rochester Hills, MI
There are 41 Assisted Living Facilities in the Rochester Hills area, with 7 in Rochester Hills and 34 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Rochester Hills is $3,185 per month. This is lower than the national median of $3,396. Cheaper nearby regions include Bloomfield Hills with an average starting cost of $2,815.
To help you with your search, browse the 301 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Rochester Hills. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Rochester Hills 4.0 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Rochester with an average rating of 4.4 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Rochester Hills, call (855) 863-8283.
7 Assisted Living Facilities in Rochester Hills, MI
34 Assisted Living Facilities near Rochester Hills, MI
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Rochester Hills
The city of Rochester Hills has a senior population of 16.4 percent and to serve them, a senior center called the Older Person's Commission whose motto is "a great place to be 50+!" The Rochester Hills area is home to 21 assisted living facilities. These are regulated by the Michigan Bureau of Child and Adult Licensing, a division of the Department of Human Services, and are defined by the state as those facilities having 25 or more residents aged 55 or older.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Rochester Hills
- The Rochester Hills, Michigan area is home to world-class medical facilities including Crittenton Hospital Medical Center, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- Located in southeast Michigan just north of Detroit, Rochester Hills is known for its mild summers and cold, snowy winters. The average high temperature in January is 30 degrees Fahrenheit and 82 degrees Fahrenheit in July.
- Rochester Hills has an array of community resources for seniors, including the Oakland County Older Persons Commission, an organization that provides meals, counseling and other services, as well as a senior center.
- Crime is not nearly the problem in Rochester Hills as it is in many other parts of Michigan. The overall crime rate in Rochester Hills is 71 percent higher than the national average, making Rochester Hills safer than 85 percent of U.S. cities.
- While the Rochester Hills and Oakland County areas lack regular public bus service, the Older Persons Commission provides on-demand transportation throughout Oakland County for those age 60 and older with advance reservations.
- There are many fun and interesting cultural events and attractions in and around Rochester Hills, Michigan. These include Meadow Brook Hall, Stage Nature Center and Rochester Hills Museum at Van Hoosen Farm. Most Rochester Hills events and attractions offer a senior discount, although the qualifying age varies.
Paying for Assisted Living in Rochester Hills
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Michigan
Assisted Living costs in Rochester Hills start around $3,185 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Rochester Hills and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Rochester Hills
Eligible Rochester Hills, Michigan seniors will find a number of state and federal government programs that offer financial assistance to help with the cost of an assisted living facility. These include Medicaid State Plan , MI Choice and Supplemental Security Income Category G.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Michigan page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Michigan page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Rochester Hills
Rochester Hills and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Rochester Hills, please visit our Assisted Living in Michigan page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Rochester Hills
Rochester Hills-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Michigan are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Michigan page for more information about these laws.
Assisted Living near Rochester Hills, MI
Other Options in Rochester Hills, MI
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Rochester Hills
Review of Atina Senior Living
Very nice facility , we used this facility for respite care for my dad . We like the size of rooms and all room are private, nice big size living room , feels like home atmosphere, staff is caring... Read more
Review of Atina Senior Living
It’s very family oriented, home like feeling with known personal caregivers. Home is able to deliver personal attention due to smaller size. Highly recommended Read more
Review of Atina Senior Living
I just wants to thanks Atina community for taking care of my father and taking care of him . We like this Group home , I would say this is the best in this kind of group home , has nice size room a... Read more