Sunrise of Troy

Reviews of Sunrise of Troy

Assisted Living Reviews for Sunrise of Troy

July 28, 2015

By Edith7

We visited Sunrise of Troy. Everyone was friendly, and they explained everything. It was clean. I like the rooms. They did have lots of activities in there and outside activities too. The staff was very informative.

August 27, 2014

By Mark41

My dad is in Sunrise of Troy and I like the fact that it seemed really alive. There were a lot of activities and the residents were all very entertaining. The place just seemed to be a good fit for my dad. He could enjoy as much or as little as he wanted. There was a group of men in particular and they would do things like go out for lunch or do their own thing. There was a church group and some other things that he could enjoy more. But I think it was more of just a whole group of men that he could associate with. They had a studio with a little kitchenette and a living room where he could bring more of his own things there. Each person that I dealt with had a different job, so mostly everything that I was looking for answer-wise was being dealt with and if they couldn’t give me answer, they would direct me to the person who could answer my question.

July 18, 2014

By Gayle8

Sunrise is smaller than some of the ones we looked at. The room that they had available was the right size and location for my mom. It had a bathroom and kitchenette, it's new and totally clean. The dining room is wonderful, and set up like a restaurant. The food is great, and they have good choices. The staff is compassionate and wonderful.

March 31, 2014

By Caring-2219

Sunrise was very nice. Everybody was very friendly. I didn't go in the room, I just went by the door, but they look fine and plain to me. They told me that they had activities, but I don't know what they are. If I could afford it, it would be very nice to live there.

Thank you for your review. Just so you know, you can always visit the community's website at www.sunrisetroy.com and click on the Activities tab where we post a real-time calendar of the communities daily activities. Thank you!

October 24, 2013

Sunrise of Troy looked great. This place was clean. The staff seemed really nice and attentive. It was fine and everything but my mom and stepdad were looking for a two-bedroom place. They only have one-bedrooms. They don't have two-bedrooms there.

August 13, 2013

By Jennifer23

I like Sunrise, they're excellent but it was way too pricey, we couldn't afford it. You walk in and they really have all kinds of stuff. My mom was not needing as much assistance as most of the people at Sunrise. More people were in wheelchairs, walkers and more needy.

June 29, 2012

By blairbr

I felt the staff there was very professional and treated the residents with respect. In my opinion, they made significant efforts to put on events for the residents like bingo, movie nights, visits from local high school students, etc. I remember the nurses that cared for my grandfather came to his funeral and viewing and were very upset when he passed away. They were always kind to him even though he could be very grumpy and rude at times.

Questions about Sunrise of Troy

Describe the overall population of assisted living residents at Sunrise of Troy. What is their average age? What are their favorite things to do?

Sunrise of Troy is a licensed home for the aged, caring for residents 55 and older. Our oldest resident is just shy of 100! Our residents enjoy the many programs available to them at the community, as well as going for trips out to lunch, to the Tiger's game, or wherever else we are headed!

What programs or activities does Sunrise of Troy offer to enrich residents' well-being?

At Sunrise, we offer opportunities to engage, enjoy, express, learn, and grow each day. At Sunrise of Troy, our dedicated activities team develops an extensive calendar tailored to our residents' specific needs and preferences. Each day, our community offers a blend of activities and outings that enrich the body, mind, and spirit. On a typical day, you will find music activities, light exercise classes, food and conversation events, games, and current events discussions. Our activities programming is designed to bring together residents, team members, families, and volunteers—and turn each day into an opportunity for everyone to Live With Purpose.

What places are near Sunrise of Troy or within walking distance for assisted living residents to enjoy?

Sunrise of Troy is located close to many shopping centers and eateries. There are also several golf courses and parks close by, as well as the Troy Historical Museum.

What transportation services does Sunrise of Troy offer to assisted living residents?

Sunrise of Troy provides group transportation for activities. These may include trips to local grocery stores, area restaurants, parks, ball games and more!

Photos of Sunrise of Troy

Services and Amenities of Sunrise of Troy

• Nurse On Staff: Available During Business Hours

• State Licenses: AH630237663

About Sunrise of Troy

Located just minutes from I-75 and Somerset Collection, Sunrise of Troy is set amidst gracious grounds in a convenient location near local restaurants, theaters and shopping centers. We pride ourselves in our planned activities and overall social atmosphere of our home.

Step into a Sunrise Assisted Living community and you can't help but feel at home. We stop at nothing to make your experience warm and inviting, from our homelike exterior architecture, to our comfortable community areas and choice of suites to our exceptional outdoor gardens and landscaping.

Look around and you'll notice fresh flowers throughout the residence, and you may even spot our dog or our cat. And of course, there are always the friendly smiling faces of our staff to ensure that each day spent here is a welcome one.

Map of Sunrise of Troy