Sunrise of Troy

6870 Crooks Road, Troy, MI 48098
Sunrise of Troy (800) 385-2527
PROMOTION! 222 days

Please ask about our special incentives!

Reviews of Sunrise of Troy

Assisted Living Reviews for Sunrise of Troy

June 22, 2016

By Karen124026

We chose Sunrise of Troy because of availability and timing. My mom and I had a difference of opinion. I thought it was more of a temporary thing of her needing some relief, and she didn’t want to do 24-hour care. We are hoping that my dad would try in-home care, and we knew she couldn’t handle it at home anymore, but we didn’t want to see my dad go into a facility. I am personally not satisfied with the area for my dad. They promote themselves as an assisted living facility with a memory care section, but I am not convinced about the memory care. My dad is fed well. The food is fine, and he has access to sitting in the kitchen. He didn’t transition well into the facility. We would have wanted to have more access to him. He was so ambulatory with walking, showering, and going to the bathroom but two days after my dad was there, he had a fall and ended up in the hospital. He has had six falls since he has been there. There are activities geared toward the assisted living and to people who are higher functioning and independent, so my dad can’t do them. He doesn’t do things without aid. The care is inadequate with a one to five ratio of staff to patients. The night help is not adequate with two staff at night and 23 residents. The staff is lovely but overworked. It’s kind of mismanaged, to be honest.

We’re sorry to hear that you did not have a positive experience. Please contact us at information (at) sunriseseniorliving.com so we can better understand your concerns. –The Sunrise Team

June 10, 2016

By Disappointed Visitor685230

Sunrise of Troy's building was beautiful and lookd luxurious, but it was a façade. The people were stuck in small rooms.

May 26, 2016

By Lisa523360

We visited Sunrise and loved it. We saw different kinds of rooms, like one with two people, but they had a divider wall, and one like an apartment with a kitchenette, a living room, a bedroom, and a bathroom. They had a dining room, a movie room, and a hair salon. The people were really nice.

July 28, 2015

By Edith7

We visited Sunrise of Troy. Everyone was friendly, and they explained everything. It was clean. I like the rooms. They did have lots of activities in there and outside activities too. The staff was very informative.

August 27, 2014

By Mark41

My dad is in Sunrise of Troy and I like the fact that it seemed really alive. There were a lot of activities and the residents were all very entertaining. The place just seemed to be a good fit for my dad. He could enjoy as much or as little as he wanted. There was a group of men in particular and they would do things like go out for lunch or do their own thing. There was a church group and some other things that he could enjoy more. But I think it was more of just a whole group of men that he could associate with. They had a studio with a little kitchenette and a living room where he could bring more of his own things there. Each person that I dealt with had a different job, so mostly everything that I was looking for answer-wise was being dealt with and if they couldn’t give me answer, they would direct me to the person who could answer my question.

July 18, 2014

By Gayle8

Sunrise is smaller than some of the ones we looked at. The room that they had available was the right size and location for my mom. It had a bathroom and kitchenette, it's new and totally clean. The dining room is wonderful, and set up like a restaurant. The food is great, and they have good choices. The staff is compassionate and wonderful.

March 31, 2014

By Caring-2219

Sunrise was very nice. Everybody was very friendly. I didn't go in the room, I just went by the door, but they look fine and plain to me. They told me that they had activities, but I don't know what they are. If I could afford it, it would be very nice to live there.

Thank you for your review. Just so you know, you can always visit the community's website at www.sunrisetroy.com and click on the Activities tab where we post a real-time calendar of the communities daily activities. Thank you!

October 24, 2013

Sunrise of Troy looked great. This place was clean. The staff seemed really nice and attentive. It was fine and everything but my mom and stepdad were looking for a two-bedroom place. They only have one-bedrooms. They don't have two-bedrooms there.

August 13, 2013

By Jennifer23

I like Sunrise, they're excellent but it was way too pricey, we couldn't afford it. You walk in and they really have all kinds of stuff. My mom was not needing as much assistance as most of the people at Sunrise. More people were in wheelchairs, walkers and more needy.

June 29, 2012

By blairbr

I felt the staff there was very professional and treated the residents with respect. In my opinion, they made significant efforts to put on events for the residents like bingo, movie nights, visits from local high school students, etc. I remember the nurses that cared for my grandfather came to his funeral and viewing and were very upset when he passed away. They were always kind to him even though he could be very grumpy and rude at times.

Questions about Sunrise of Troy

What ongoing training does the staff receive in dementia care?

Sunrise’s onboarding program includes comprehensive classroom training on a range of topics, from dementia care to the fundamentals of assisted living and resident care. Additionally, team members receive hands-on training and continuing education throughout their careers. This training includes areas such as memory care, activities of daily living, infection control, falls, privacy, and resident rights.

Describe the overall population of assisted living residents at Sunrise of Troy. What is their average age? What are their favorite things to do?

While our residents’ ages vary, they particularly enjoy our Sunrise Live With Purpose™ programming, which includes activities like art, music, learning, community involvement, physical activity, and more. We have adjusted some of our regular programming to further promote the health and safety of our residents and team members throughout the COVID-19 pandemic. We have done so in accordance with federal, state, and local regulations and health authorities.

What programs or activities does Sunrise of Troy offer to enrich residents' well-being?

Our dedicated activities team engages residents based on their individual preferences. Activities can include art, music, learning, community involvement, and physical activity.

What places are near Sunrise of Troy or within walking distance for assisted living residents to enjoy?

Sunrise of Troy is located close to many shopping centers and eateries. There are also several golf courses and parks close by, as well as the Troy Historical Museum.

What transportation services does Sunrise of Troy offer to assisted living residents?

We provide scheduled transportation services for residents. Please contact us to learn more.

What makes the chef or dining program at Sunrise of Troy exceptional? What kind of menu can assisted living residents expect?

We believe that quality food is an essential part of our residents’ overall well-being. Our dining program features well-balanced, homemade meals using fresh ingredients. Our highly trained, in-house chefs speak regularly with our residents to learn what menu items they would like featured in the community. From BBQ to tacos to seafood, you can expect a diverse menu with an exciting variety of cuisine.

What safety features or security measures does Sunrise of Troy offer to assisted living residents?

Our residents enjoy senior-friendly living spaces designed for comfort and safety, including an emergency call response system. We assess residents every month during wellness visits to determine if they will require additional safety with an individual emergency pendant.

How does Sunrise of Troy keep residents' families informed about their loved ones?

We provide regular updates via mail, phone, and email. Our team members also help our residents video chat with their loved ones on Skype and FaceTime. Through our electronic health record system, our team members can easily see and document information such as residents’ care delivery, medications, diagnoses, and activities of daily living, among others. As a result, when authorized family members contact our care team with questions, we are able to provide timely updates.

What ongoing senior care training does the staff receive?

Sunrise’s onboarding program includes comprehensive classroom training on a range of topics, from the fundamentals of assisted living and resident care to dining and activities. Additionally, team members receive hands-on training and continuing education throughout their careers. This training includes areas such as memory care, activities of daily living, infection control, falls, privacy, and resident rights.

What programs or activities does Sunrise of Troy offer to keep residents engaged? How does the staff engage residents' long-term memories?

Our Life Enrichment Managers get to know each resident’s unique preferences, hobbies, and life experiences to help them experience meaning and purpose each day. Residents engage by participating in a variety of programming, such as art projects, crafts, puzzles, and other creative and cognitive activities. By combining current research on social engagement and brain health, and building upon our Sunrise Live With Purpose™ programming, we offer memory support programs that focus on strengthening and maintaining our residents’ cognitive abilities. These programs leverage things like physical fitness, occupation-based activities, and daily journals to help residents find meaning and purpose every day.

What techniques does Sunrise of Troy use to support memory care residents during mealtimes?

We are committed to creating a familiar, pleasant, and dignified dining experience for our memory care residents. Our dining rooms are warm and inviting with fresh flowers, linens, and soft music. Fiestaware china, finger foods, and contrasting table linens are among the tools that promote independence. Residents are presented choices visually, allowed time to make their selection, and given their chosen item quickly after the selection has been made.

How does Sunrise of Troy keep residents' families informed about their loved ones' health?

Describe the neighborhood around Sunrise of Troy. Is it located in a residential neighborhood, a business district, a rural setting, or other type of locale?

We are located in a residential area and close to shopping.

Photos of Sunrise of Troy