American House Elmwood

Reviews of American House Elmwood

Assisted Living Reviews for American House Elmwood

December 05, 2016

By Bridget136471

We were impressed, and we put our name in the waiting list; it was definitely at the top of our list. It was not a new building, but I did like the location. We thought it was nice, the apartment size was satisfactory, and the décor was acceptable as well. They had a lot of great activities available every day of the week, and it had a good variety. I think it was posted on the wall.

September 14, 2016

By Kathye756438

This is the one we chose. I liked the location because we bought a house not maybe twenty minutes away, and it was nice there. We talked to Linda there, she showed us around, and it just seemed like there was a lot of things going on within the assisted living place. They’ve got stuff going all the time that would keep my dad a little busy. They have Bingo, an exercise class, and a little exercise room where there’s a bike and a treadmill. Also, they have church service, or they will take him to mass on Sunday, which is important to him. My dad is not picky on food, so we didn’t really talk about that. She just said that they have good food service, and I think it will be fine for him. They had a nice garden in the middle. I know they have a gardening place, and my dad always liked to garden. They had a place where they don’t have to get down on the ground, which was like 4 or 3 ft above the ground, and they could have their own little plants in there. The rooms are a decent size, so I think it will work out for him.

May 17, 2016

By MarkQOOHU

I looked and it was very nice but too far away. The facility itself, the garden, and the grounds were very nice. They had all the amenities that all of the other places had, too. Had that place been closer to where we needed my mother to be, that would probably be our first choice. I would recommend them. The rooms were a good size, and the staff was very nice. They showed us around and gave us information.

By Pam127640950

I really liked the staff. I liked the place, too. Their staff was the friendliest and the nicest. They were nice enough to give us a pie as we were leaving. Their food was delicious. We almost put my mom-in-law in that place.

By ChrisCPNTR

It is OK and fairly affordable. The representatives who gave me the tour were friendly, very caring, and knowledgeable.

By family member17

My visit was outstanding. The staff was very knowledgeable, very conversational, really wanted to understand what I was looking for, and answered all of my questions. They were a pure delight and amazing. They had a family area, a nice eating area, an area for community events, a salon, and an area for exercise. I got some cookies, which were the most delicious cookies.

March 15, 2016

By Grandma13

It was OK. It's mostly assisted living, but it had more of a skilled nursing/nursing home feel to me when I walked in. It's an older facility, and the room seemed to be a little dark. For activities, they had some game time, jigsaw puzzles, movie time, and brought in outside groups. The staff was great, very friendly, and very informative.

May 29, 2015

I was very impressed even though I came in kind of unannounced. I had a tentative appointment, so I wasn't really expecting to have a tour. They did help me out a lot and showed me around. I wasn't in a good mood because my husband was in the hospital and not doing well. So I was kind of cranky, but they did really well. They even sent me home with a pie. The rooms and apartments were fine. They had different styles for different people's needs, but they were all fine. I was really looking for respite care, but I thought they were kind of expensive because there were a lot of add-ons like medications and administration. But I thought they were fairly good, and we'll be looking into them for respite care. The dining setup was fine. We were there during a meal, but I didn't see what the people were eating. They have been keeping in touch with me to see when I'm available to come and see them again and have my husband stay sometime for respite care. They are really good about it when I tell them I'm not ready. They say they'll call in a month or call in a few months, and they stick to that. They are not bothering me or anything, so I think they are doing well. So that is probably what we are going to look into when he needs to stay there for a few weeks.

April 07, 2015

By James102388750

My mom is here, and it is an excellent place. We had a little problem with one of the nurses there, but she is no longer there, so it is much better now. She has a private room, and it is very spacious and very nice. Before mom got worse, she played bingo and all those available activities. I have eaten there lots of times, and the food is excellent. I would absolutely recommend this place to others.

December 28, 2014

I visited and I liked their staff a lot. They had a lot of activities. They would give you a calendar where there were activities going on all the time.

April 10, 2014

We chose here because it is convenient. The staff is very nice, helpful, courteous, and accommodating. The rooms are all nice. They have quite a few activities.

October 20, 2013

By Diane41

It was very clean looking and neat. The rooms were a nice-size and there was no smell. Everything seemed very, very nice. The prices were very reasonable. The staff was very informative and very helpful. I just hope they'd keep the prices low so people can actually afford to go there. Other than that, just keep it clean and neat, and make it look more like somebody's home.

September 10, 2013

By Caring 6888

The place is a little bit older but it was nice. The staff were very, very nice. I would definitely recommend the place.

August 29, 2013

By Joseph17

We choose it because we like the place and the price is reasonable. The staff is very nice. Everybody is friendly and helpful and we appreciate that. It made us feel at home. The room is fine for a single person. I recommend this facility to others.

March 15, 2012

By Rice1

It was a wonderful place where my grandma lived out many of her final years. The staff was very kind and understanding. She always seemed happy and never had problems with this place. It became a second home to us when she was in there, it seemed like everybody knew each other. The staff would go out of its way not only to make sure she was good but that we were good to. She got 3 meals a day and the Activities Director was always creating fun and exciting; crafts or games to play, they even had Wii Bowling which she got really good at. I have seen a couple of the nurses and they still rant and rave at how nice my grandma was. It's funny cause when stories of my grandma come up all we can to do it rant and rave about them. They were all to wonderful and for that I am thankful.

Independent Living Reviews for American House Elmwood

• Fee Structure Extra: Entry Fee Cost : $1500

• Companion Suites: No

• Pets: Small Pets Allowed Only

About American House Elmwood

With a host of amenities and services, we’re sure to have an apartment that’s right for you. Our community is ideally situated near shopping, dining and health care facilities. We offer the independence you want, with the services you need to transition into the next phase of your life. We adapt our services to your changing needs so that American House can remain your home no matter what challenges may come.

They are a family owned community. Single story building. Very home-like. Employees with longevity.

Map of American House Elmwood