89 Assisted Living Facilities near Southfield, MI
Also serving communities of Lathrup Village, Oak Park, Beverly Hills.
There are 89 Assisted Living Facilities in the Southfield area, with 15 in Southfield and 74 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Southfield is $2,200 per month. This is lower than the national median of $3,425.
To help you with your search, browse the 442 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Southfield. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Southfield 4.0 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Royal Oak with an average rating of 4.7 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped 5 families in Southfield find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Southfield, call (855) 863-8283.
15 Assisted Living Facilities in Southfield, MI
74 Assisted Living Facilities near Southfield, MI
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Southfield
The city of Southfield's motto is "The Center of it All" based on it's location in the heart of southeastern Michigan. It is cosmopolitan and culturally diverse, touting a thriving international business community. Seniors make up almost 20 percent of the population in Southfield.
There are a total of 63 assisted living facilities in the Southfield area, with 15 located within the Southfield city limits and 48 in the nearby areas of Farmington Hills, West Bloomfield and Warren. These communities offer a valuable lifeline to local seniors who require assistance with tasks associated with day-to-day living, in a safe and secure community environment.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Southfield
- The Southfield area has an air quality index (AQI) of "good." With readings updated on a daily basis, vulnerable seniors can know when is best to avoid the outdoors.
- The estimated cost of living in the Southfield area is around eight percent cheaper than the average cost of living in the United States, and approximately three percent cheaper than the average for the state of Michigan.
- Southfield has a lot of options for seniors who enjoy the arts. Park West Gallery is the biggest privately-owned art gallery in the world and has a constantly changing range of exhibitions and installations.
- The Southfield area is home to world-class medical facilities, including Ascension Providence Hospital and Straith Hospital, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- Southfield is a member of the AARP Network of Age-Friendly Communities, meaning that its elected leadership “has made the commitment to actively work toward making their town, city or county a great place for people of all ages,” according to AARP.
- Southfield has an array of community resources for seniors, including Services for Seniors, an organization that helps local seniors with all of their transportation requirements as well as two other senior centers.
Paying for Assisted Living in Southfield
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Michigan
Assisted Living costs in Southfield start around $2,200 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Southfield and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Southfield
Seniors in Michigan can apply to the Medicaid program to help them manage with the costs of their assisted living community. Seniors can also utilize the Health Link program to help with other expenses that they incur.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Michigan page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Michigan page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Southfield
Southfield and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Southfield, please visit our Assisted Living in Michigan page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Southfield
Southfield-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Michigan are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Michigan page for more information about these laws.
Assisted Living near Southfield, MI
Other Options in Southfield, MI
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Southfield
Review of Evergreen Health and Living Center
My father was discharged from Beaumont Hospital R.O. 2/3/2020 to Evergreen Health & Rehabilitation Center. There was no edema in my father's lower extremities (legs and feet) bilaterally. When... Read more
Review of Brookdale Southfield
"How are the interactions with staff" There is none. When you call down to the front desk for anything it takes days for them to get back to you. When you have mail delivered that doesn't fit in y... Read more
Review of Evergreen Health and Living Center
We found out today that my mom does not have to return to Evergreen to finish her rehab. I’M SO THANKFUL!!!!!! They’re going to do it at the hospital. Many but not all of the nursing staff and aid... Read more