94 Assisted Living Facilities near Farmington, MI
There are 94 Assisted Living Facilities in the Farmington area, with 3 in Farmington and 91 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Farmington is $4,000 per month. This is higher than the national median of $3,400. Cheaper nearby regions include Farmington Hills with an average starting cost of $3,136.
To help you with your search, browse the 506 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Farmington. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Farmington 4.8 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Walled Lake with an average rating of 5.0 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Farmington, call (855) 863-8283.
3 Assisted Living Facilities in Farmington, MI
91 Assisted Living Facilities near Farmington, MI
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Farmington
Known for its historic downtown and Victorian-style architecture, the city of Farmington is home to more than 10,000 residents, 15.8% of whom are seniors age 65 and over. To accommodate many of these residents, some of whom need specialized care, there are three assisted living facilities located within the city limits. There are also 92 additional facilities in the surrounding areas. Michigan's Department of Human Services licenses and regulates these facilities in Farmington and throughout the state, which are officially known as Homes for the Aged.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Farmington
- Farmington is considered a safe community with a violent crime rate 12.9 points below the national average of 22.7. Families looking for assisted living in the Greater Detroit area may find Farmington an attractive place for their loved ones for this reason.
- The weather in Farmington can be quite cold during the winter with average low temperatures in January reaching 16 degrees and an average of 37 inches of snow per year. Summers, however, are a comfortable time for active seniors to go outside with highs reaching an average of 83 degrees in July.
- The city of Farmington has plenty of arts and culture for senior residents to enjoy throughout the year. The Farmington Civic Theater has been showing movies as well performances since 1940, and the Farmington Community Library offers activities like monthly book clubs and poetry workshops.
- Farmington has an array of community resources for seniors, including the city's Senior Division, an organization that provides a variety of enriching clubs, classes, events and programs as well as one senior center.
- Michigan is a tax-friendly state for seniors which may make it easier for families to Farmington to afford assisted living services. Social security income is completely exempt from state income taxes, and withdrawals from retirement accounts are only partially taxed.
- Farmington has few facilities from which to choose in the event of a medical emergency or illness, with the nearest major hospital located in Farmington Hills.
Note: Data reported on this page was updated in 2019 and based on the latest 2018 figures.
Paying for Assisted Living in Farmington
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Michigan
Assisted Living costs in Farmington start around $4,000 per month on average, which is on par with the average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Farmington and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Farmington
Those that meet certain income or disability requirements may be able to benefit from the state's Medicaid waiver which is called the MI Choice Waiver. This program offers assistance for a wide range of medical and non-medical services that can be delivered in a home for the aged.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Michigan page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Michigan page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Farmington
Farmington and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Farmington, please visit our Assisted Living in Michigan page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Farmington
Farmington-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Michigan are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Michigan page for more information about these laws.
Assisted Living near Farmington, MI
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Farmington
Review of Orchard Manor
Orchard Manor was really nice, very clean, beautiful, and very open, but it was overpriced. The person during the tour was an RN. She's very knowledgeable and very nice. When we were there, they ha... Read more
Review of Heartfelt Hawthorne Home
We are very pleased with the care that my father has received the staff is caring and loving and friendly. They also make the family feel right at home. Read more
Review of Heartfelt Hawthorne Home
My father was in Heartfelt Hawthorne Home for 10 days before he passed. I was impressed with their ability to communicate, and the staff was skilled. It was nice, the room was comfortable, and ther... Read more