67 Assisted Living Facilities near Livonia, MI
There are 67 Assisted Living Facilities in the Livonia area, with 9 in Livonia and 58 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Livonia is $2,692 per month. This is lower than the national median of $3,500. Cheaper nearby regions include Redford with an average starting cost of $2,500.
To help you with your search, browse the 324 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Livonia. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Livonia 3.8 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Garden City with an average rating of 4.3 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Livonia, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 10 Assisted Living Facilities in Livonia, MI
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Livonia
Livonia, Michigan offers plenty of learning opportunities for seniors. Eastern Michigan University, whose continuing education center is located in Livonia, allows residents age 65 and older to audit some classes for free.
Assisted living facilities (ALFs) in Michigan, including the 58 in and around Livonia, are regulated by the Michigan Bureau of Child and Adult Licensing, a division of the Department of Human Services. ALFs are defined by the State of Michigan as those that house 25 or more residents, aged 55 or older, needing assistance with daily tasks like bathing and grooming.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Livonia
- Located in southeast Michigan, Livonia offers residents four distinct seasons, including warm, often humid summers and cold, snowy winters, both of which can be uncomfortable for some older people. The average high temperature in Livonia is 33 degrees Fahrenheit in January and 86 degrees in July.
- Livonia, Michigan has an array of community resources for seniors, including those meals, transportation and wellness services offered by the City of Livonia, as well as a senior center.
- Crime is not nearly the problem in Livonia that it is in many other parts of Michigan. The crime rate is 35 percent lower in Livonia than the national average. However, this statistic bears watching as the city's crime rate has increased by 35 percent in recent years.
- The Livonia, Michigan area is home to world-class medical facilities, including St. Mary Mercy Hospital and the Henry Ford Medical Center Livonia, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- Getting around Livonia is relatively easy. For seniors who drive, I-275 and I-96 both cut through town. The Detroit Department of Transportation offers regular bus service within Livonia and between Livonia and other points in the greater Detroit area. The system offers senior discounts to those riders age 65 and older. In addition, the Michigan Smart Bus system offers curb-to-curb service to points within 10 miles with advanced reservations, a good choice for seniors with mobility issues.
- Livonia and the surrounding area are home to a number of events, cultural sites and museums. Chief among these are the Greenmead Historical Park, the Rosedale Gardens Historic District and the Town Peddler Antique Mall. Of course, there are many more things to do in nearby Detroit. Most attractions and events in southeast Michigan offer some type of senior discount.
Paying for Assisted Living in Livonia
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Michigan
Assisted Living costs in Livonia start around $2,692 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Livonia and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Livonia
Livonia, Michigan seniors who meet the eligibility requirements can find financial assistance available from several state and federal programs, including the Medicaid State Plan, MI Choice and Supplemental Security Income Category G.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Michigan page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Michigan page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Livonia
Livonia and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Livonia, please visit our Assisted Living in Michigan page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Livonia
Livonia-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Michigan are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Michigan page for more information about these laws.
Other Options in Livonia, MI
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Livonia
Review of Marycrest – Michigan
Save yourself a lot of problems and possibly someone's life by searching out for a reputable care facility with attentive staff. One that at least peeks in a patients room to see if they're laying ... Read more
Review of Angel Gardens Assisted Living
Staff inter acts with the patients on a respectful and caring way. The food served at all meals is very good. Read more
Review of Woodhaven Retirement Community
My mother is at Woodhaven in Livonia. She is in an assisted living right now, but she can have rehab there. We haven't been there that long yet, but they are very friendly and attentive people. The... Read more