American House Dearborn Heights

Reviews of American House Dearborn Heights

Assisted Living Reviews for American House Dearborn Heights

April 22, 2017

By Billie Mccarty

Excellent, caring staff. All through my family's experience we were very happy with the way our father was treated. All additional costs and suggested services were fully explained and tailored to fit his changing needs. I would highly recommend this facility.

October 11, 2016

By DT883172

When I went to visit, it was nice. My mom seems to like everything. Food is good. The staff seems pretty good other than the medical staff. They don’t seem to quite have it together. They have all different kinds of activities. They have crafts, bingo, and cards.

July 31, 2016

By Valerie220863

The first place we looked at was here, and it's what we chose for my mom. The layout is wonderful, and the apartments are wonderful. The dining room area is lovely and well lit, front and back.

May 10, 2016

By Richard123747250

I like the apartments and if distance hadn’t been a factor, I probably would have gone there. Part of it was the fact that the distance away from my family was not good travel time for both of my children. I like the facility but it just wasn’t going to work out for me. I like the location as far as where it was situated on the grounds and the other thing is the meal situation there was not as good.

May 10, 2016

By Leslie19

I liked it the most, but it didn't have a memory care unit. It was clean and really nice, and I liked the people and the way it was set up. The staff were really nice and very knowledgeable. The rooms were nice and a little larger than I expected. I also liked their dining areas with one that was restaurant-style and one that was set up a little differently. They just didn't have a memory care.

September 28, 2015

I visited for my parents. I thought it was a nice community. It was set up a little bit different than where my parents are at now. They did have meals available. It is a smaller campus, and so it offers better availability for services. The only thing is they did not have availability. Nevertheless, the community was very friendly. They were open to showing you the facility. They were helpful in answering any questions that you ask. It had a very good atmosphere. At the time that I went, they did have a person that was doing activities. The residents were very cheerful. Also the place was very clean. I like the atmosphere. However, like I said, they didn't have the availability at that time.

August 21, 2015

The staff was fine. I didn’t have any problems with it, but it was not what I was looking for. I like their programs, but I didn’t like the fact they didn’t have handicapped accessible rooms to choose from. Their dining room was fine though.

June 06, 2015

The staff was very nice and knowledgeable as far as my husband’s diabetes. They knew what type of food to bring. Everything was nice, clean, and orderly. The apartments weren’t as large in size; there wasn’t enough space, and there is one bathroom, but it is fine.

April 18, 2015

By Gloria42

They did not have any openings. It was pretty nice. The apartments were large and clean. The studio apartment was very large for a studio, so you have a choice between it and a one-bedroom apartment. The staff was helpful, friendly, and very professional. They had church services.

February 27, 2015

By Joseph36

It is very nice, and they have lots to offer. It is the location that we are looking at because my children are living further south. I have nothing bad to say about them. They have field trips to the casino and to special events like opera or plays. They answered everything we have questions for.

August 20, 2014

By Lovely Lady1

Mom has finally decided to go, so that's where she is now. It's a wonderful place, and it's larger than where she was. She has a buddy there now. They have a lot of activities. They have scheduled meals in a large dining room and so many more things than she was getting before. They come in weekly for cleaning.

July 31, 2013

By Deborah15

It was immaculate. I loved their Villas. I loved the facilities and the apartments that they had to offer. I liked their locations and the feel of the place. Their staff was truly excellent. I really adored them. They were really warm and very receptive. I would recommend them to others.

April 17, 2013

By caring0411113

My father-in-law has been in here for about a month and a half now. The food is good. The people take care of him and he is happy to be there. The facility is very nice. It felt like a hotel when I walked in there for the first time. It's been good so far.

June 29, 2012

By dpiston

I visited my grandmother who has lived there for 1 year. She says that she enjoys it but says it can get lonely sometimes. I try to to visit her as much as I can. There are many activities to do there, individual and group. She says the food there is okay but decent. The staff is friendly and transportation is available if needed. She likes relaxing in the garden with a book or watching television. There is security when one enters the building. Room service and guest meals are available. They have private bathroom and climate control systems. 24 emergency services are available. Some even have a small kitchenette.I believe my grandmother was looking to move to new facility, somewhere closer to where most of her family lives. She is looking at places in Florida and California. She says the place is nice but does not enjoy the Michigan winters.

Independent Living Reviews for American House Dearborn Heights

Questions about American House Dearborn Heights

What programs or activities does American House Dearborn Heights offer to enrich residents' well-being?

American House Senior Living Communities provide a supportive and enriching environment with all the comforts of home, in a family-style atmosphere. Enjoy a wide variety of fun activities with your neighbors or relax at home in your private apartment – the choice is yours! Each community has a Life Enrichment Director who coordinates a variety of cultural, social, recreational and spiritual programming designed to keep residents active, involved and fulfilled.

What makes the chef or dining program at American House Dearborn Heights exceptional? What kind of menu can assisted living residents expect?

At American House, you’ll love the maintenance-free lifestyle, including the restaurant-quality meals you'll enjoy without ever having to leave home or clean up the kitchen. All of the chef-prepared meals created by our culinary team feature fresh, locally sourced ingredients. You may never have to make another dish or eat alone again, unless you choose to, of course. What's for dinner at American House? Restaurant-style dining Locally sourced ingredients Our celebrated Happy Hour gatherings BBQ events and ice cream socials Themed events: holidays and special occasions Accommodations for physician-ordered dietary restrictions

If American House Dearborn Heights accepts dogs or cats, what indoor/outdoor areas can they enjoy?

Yes we do except for small dogs and cats.

Costs for American House Dearborn Heights

Photos of American House Dearborn Heights

Services and Amenities of American House Dearborn Heights

• Fee Structure Extra: Entry Fee Cost : $1500

• Companion Suites: Yes

• Pets: Small Pets Allowed Only

• Licenses: Exempt

About American House Dearborn Heights

With a host of amenities and services, we’re sure to have a senior living apartment that’s right for you. Our community is ideally situated near shopping, dining and health care facilities. We offer the independence you want, with the services you need to transition into the next phase of your life. We adapt our services to your changing needs so that American House Dearborn Heights can remain your home no matter what challenges may come.

One floor community.