American House Dearborn Heights

Reviews of American House Dearborn Heights

Assisted Living Reviews for American House Dearborn Heights

May 10, 2016

By Leslie19

I liked American House Dearborn Heights the most, but it didn't have a memory care unit. It was clean and really nice, and I liked the people and the way it was set up. The staff were really nice and very knowledgeable. The rooms were nice and a little larger than I expected. I also liked their dining areas with one that was restaurant-style and one that was set up a little differently. They just didn't have a memory care.

February 15, 2016

By Herma

My mom preferred American House over the others because of the intimacy of the place. It appeared to be clean and well kept. They mentioned that they had activities available.

September 28, 2015

I visited American House Dearborn Heights for my parents. I thought it was a nice community. It was set up a little bit different than where my parents are at now. They did have meals available. It is a smaller campus, and so it offers better availability for services. The only thing is they did not have availability. Nevertheless, the community was very friendly. They were open to showing you the facility. They were helpful in answering any questions that you ask. It had a very good atmosphere. At the time that I went, they did have a person that was doing activities. The residents were very cheerful. Also the place was very clean. I like the atmosphere. However, like I said, they didn't have the availability at that time.

Thank you for giving us a perfect rating. You might be interested in knowing we do have a number of American House communities throughout Michigan. A complete list is on our website at www.americanhouse.com. I’d be happy to arrange a tour to any location you may want to visit and can be reached at (313) 202-9936. Warmest regards, Dawn Steckroth Executive Director

August 21, 2015

The staff at American House was fine. I didn’t have any problems with it, but it was not what I was looking for. I like their programs, but I didn’t like the fact they didn’t have handicapped accessible rooms to choose from. Their dining room was fine though.

Thanks for taking the time to visit us and for your positive comments. Even though our particular community does not fit your needs, we do have other locations that may be more suitable. You can see a complete list online at www.americanhouse.com. If you find one you like to visit, I’d be more than happy to arrange a tour. Feel free to call me directly at (313) 202-9936. Warm Regards, Dawn Steckroth, Executive Director

June 06, 2015

The staff at American House was very nice and knowledgeable as far as my husband’s diabetes. They knew what type of food to bring. Everything was nice, clean, and orderly. The apartments weren’t as large in size; there wasn’t enough space, and there is one bathroom, but it is fine.

Thank you for your feedback on American House Dearborn Heights! We take great care of our residents and always ensure they have what they need! If there's anything we can do for you or your husband, please do let us know! Dawn Steckroth, executive director

April 18, 2015

By Gloria42

American House did not have any openings. It was pretty nice. The apartments were large and clean. The studio apartment was very large for a studio, so you have a choice between it and a one-bedroom apartment. The staff was helpful, friendly, and very professional. They had church services.

Thank you for your feedback! American House Dearborn Heights offers several floor options that residents can select from: studio (400 sq), one-bedroom (500 sq), one-bedroom villa (650 sq), one-bedroom deluxe (760 sq) and two-bedroom/one-bathroom villa (850 sq). In addition to large apartments, a life enrichment director provides social, cultural and educational programs to keep residents active and engaged! If you have any questions, please contact us! (313) 278-6430

February 27, 2015

By Joseph36

American House is very nice, and they have lots to offer. It is the location that we are looking at because my children are living further south. I have nothing bad to say about them. They have field trips to the casino and to special events like opera or plays. They answered everything we have questions for.

I'm happy to hear you loved our community! We do have other locations, if you'd like to call me so we can talk about different areas your loved one could live. Please call me at your earliest convenience. Thank you!

Sincerely, Dawn Steckroth, Executive Director 313-278-6430

August 20, 2014

By Lovely Lady1

Mom has finally decided to go into American House, so that's where she is now. It's a wonderful place, and it's larger than where she was. She has a buddy there now. They have a lot of activities. They have scheduled meals in a large dining room and so many more things than she was getting before. They come in weekly for cleaning.

I'm happy that your mom is making friends and enjoying all the activities at American House Dearborn Heights! If she ever has any questions or ideas for activities - or would just like to say hi -please don’t hesitate to stop by my office anytime. Thanks for leaving your review!

Sincerely, Dawn Steckroth, Executive Director 313-278-6430

July 31, 2013

By Deborah15

American House was immaculate. I loved their Villas. I loved the facilities and the apartments that they had to offer. I liked their locations and the feel of the place. Their staff was truly excellent. I really adored them. They were really warm and very receptive. I would recommend them to others.

Wow, such a positive review - thank you so much! I'm glad you liked everything you saw and would recommend us to others. I bet you'd really enjoy all our activities we do, too!

Sincerely, Dawn Steckroth, Executive Director (313) 278-6430

April 17, 2013

By caring0411113

My father-in-law has been in American House for about a month and a half now. The food is good. The people take care of him and he is happy to be there. The facility is very nice. It felt like a hotel when I walked in there for the first time. It's been good so far.

We consider it a great compliment that our community makes you feel like it’s as relaxing and comfortable as a hotel! I am happy to hear that your father-in-law is enjoying living here — and we’re glad to have him! Stop on by to say hello sometime, or if you ever need anything don’t hesitate to give me a call.

Sincerely, Dawn Steckroth, Executive Director (313) 278-6430

June 29, 2012

By dpiston

I visited my grandmother who has lived there for 1 year. She says that she enjoys it but says it can get lonely sometimes. I try to to visit her as much as I can. There are many activities to do there, individual and group. She says the food there is okay but decent. The staff is friendly and transportation is available if needed. She likes relaxing in the garden with a book or watching television. There is security when one enters the building. Room service and guest meals are available. They have private bathroom and climate control systems. 24 emergency services are available. Some even have a small kitchenette.I believe my grandmother was looking to move to new facility, somewhere closer to where most of her family lives. She is looking at places in Florida and California. She says the place is nice but does not enjoy the Michigan winters.

Dear dpiston, We do try to make sure that our residents have plenty of activities, amenities and opportunity for interaction and socialization. I'm sure your grandmother appreciates your visits since, although our staff members truly care for our residents, nothing replaces being with family. Ah, these Michigan winters! Although the Florida sunshine is nice, there's nothing quite like looking out the window at the snow softly falling and drinking a nice, hot cup of cocoa. Hopefully your grandmother will decide to stay here with us. If you, your grandmother or anyone else ever needs anything, my door is always open. Please feel free to stop in!

Sincerely, Elizabeth Garr Executive Director (313) 278-6430

Independent Living Reviews for American House Dearborn Heights

Photos of American House Dearborn Heights

Services and Amenities of American House Dearborn Heights

• Condos Townhomes
  • Housing Extra: Villas

• Features Extra: Library, W/D In Apt.

• Tai Chi

About American House Dearborn Heights

American House Dearborn Heights provides the comforts of home, with the peace of mind knowing you have on-site staff 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Whether you want privacy and independences or socialization and care, American House Dearborn Heights has it all. Our charming community offers: Maintenance Free Apartments, Private Entrances (Villas), Restaurant-style dining, Activity Director with Diverse Resident Programming, Personal and Scheduled Transportation, Weekly Housekeeping and Laundry Services

We have longevity within our community, are only one story, completed recent renovations to commons areas, offer an affordable price point, Villa apartments available, and more!

Map of American House Dearborn Heights