37 Assisted Living Facilities near Inkster, MI
There are 37 Assisted Living Facilities in the Inkster area, with 5 in Inkster and 32 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Inkster is $2,150 per month. This is lower than the national median of $3,400.
To help you with your search, browse the 178 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Inkster. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Inkster 3.0 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Dearborn Heights with an average rating of 4.3 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Inkster, call (855) 863-8283.
5 Assisted Living Facilities in Inkster, MI
32 Assisted Living Facilities near Inkster, MI
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Inkster
Inkster, Michigan was the birthplace of Malcolm X, along with several other celebrities and athletes. The city is also home to 2,875 seniors, who might enjoy the area’s parks and activities. For those seniors who require assistance with day-to-day activities, there are five assisted living facilities in Inkster to choose from, with another 32 located in nearby communities.
Michigan, including Inkster, refers to assisted living facilities as homes for the aged or adult foster care, both of which are regulated by The Department of Human Services.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Inkster
- Seniors aged 60 and older can get curb-to-curb transportation to medical appointments and grocery stores from Myride2. There is no service available on Thursdays, so seniors might want to keep that in mind.
- The state of Michigan does not levy taxes on Social Security benefits. However, both pensions and retirement savings account income are partially taxed. Inkster's seniors may find that these tax savings make living in the area more affordable.
- Inkster’s cost of living is 87.7, considerably lower than the national average of 100. Low healthcare drives this figure and stands at 84.9, lower than the national average, so seniors should be able to find affordable care options within the city.
- Inkster has high crime rates, which might be a deterrent to safety-conscious seniors. The city’s violent crime rate is 66.3 and the property crime rate is 47.6, both much higher than the U.S. averages of 22.7 and 35.4, respectively.
- Seniors with breathing conditions may have an easier time living in Inkster than in other parts of Michigan. The air quality in Inkster ranks 65 on a scale where 100 represents the areas with the best air quality, higher than the national average of 58.
- Inkster has warm summers with highs that climb to 85 degrees in the summer and cold winter temperatures as low as 18. The city also receives 31 inches of snow annually. Seniors might want to make sure their room has individual climate controls.
Paying for Assisted Living in Inkster
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Michigan
Assisted Living costs in Inkster start around $2,150 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Inkster and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Inkster
Seniors in Inkster who need assistance when it comes to paying for an assisted living facility may be able to use Michigan’s Medicaid waiver, known as the MI Choice Waiver Program. To qualify for this program, seniors must be at least 65 years old, meet income and asset requirements, and be in need of facility services. This waiver program has a six- to 12-month waiting list, so seniors in need of assistance might want to keep that in mind.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Michigan page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Michigan page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Inkster
Inkster and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Inkster, please visit our Assisted Living in Michigan page.
The 10 Best Assisted Living Communities in Inkster Area
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Inkster
Inkster-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Michigan are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Michigan page for more information about these laws.
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Inkster
Review of Compassionate Assisted Living
Compassionate Assisted Living is OK for a smaller facility, but there are a couple of things that I didn't care for: the fact that my mom couldn't get out and be active and participate in activitie... Read more