29 Assisted Living Facilities near Romulus, MI
There are 29 Assisted Living Facilities in the Romulus area, with 2 in Romulus and 27 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Romulus is $2,500 per month. This is lower than the national median of $3,500.
To help you with your search, browse the 130 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Romulus. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Romulus 5.0 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Romulus, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 10 Assisted Living Facilities in Romulus, MI
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Romulus
As a suburb of Detroit, Michigan, Romulus is a smaller town with a population just over 23,000, and seniors over the age of 65 make up 11 percent of its residents. There are 25 assisted living facilities in the area with two of the residences located within the city limits. In Michigan, the Department of Human Services oversees and licenses assisted living facilities along with Adult Foster Care (AFC) that's similar to an assisted living community.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Romulus
- Seniors and their families can make the most of their income in Michigan since the state doesn't tax Social Security retirement benefits. It also offers credits for other types of retirement income; however, property taxes are higher than in other states.
- Romulus has no facilities from which to choose in the event of a medical emergency or illness, with a branch of the Beaumont Hospital located in Wayne and Taylor.
- In Romulus, seniors can take advantage of SMART to meet their local transportation needs. This shuttle service is available Monday through Friday with an advance reservation. Seniors can travel anywhere within a 10-mile radius of their homes.
- Seniors need to bundle up during the cold Michigan winters, where temperatures hover around freezing, but the area doesn't get more than an inch of snow annually. Summers are great for outdoor fun with temperatures in the mid-70s to low-80s.
- The overall crime rate in Romulus is 52 percent higher than the national average and 85 percent higher than the rest of Michigan. Violent crimes are the reason for these high numbers, so seniors and their families should remain vigilant while living in this area.
- Even with a fixed budget, seniors can stretch their dollars in this community. Romulus has an overall cost of living that's 7 percent lower than the national average and almost 4 percent lower than the rest of Michigan. Healthcare costs are 25 percent lower than the national average, so seniors can get quality care at a more affordable price.
Paying for Assisted Living in Romulus
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Michigan
Assisted Living costs in Romulus start around $2,500 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Romulus and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Romulus
In Michigan, there aren't many resources for seniors who need assisted living facility care. Long-term Care Medicaid is the primary program to help with these costs.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Michigan page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Michigan page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Romulus
Romulus and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Romulus, please visit our Assisted Living in Michigan page.
The 10 Best Assisted Living Communities in Romulus Area
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Romulus
Romulus-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Michigan are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Michigan page for more information about these laws.
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Romulus
Review of Chamberlain Home
Chamberlain Home was very nice and had average size rooms and a nice dining area. I would recommend it. Read more