38 Assisted Living Facilities near Taylor, MI
Also serving communities of Allen Park.
There are 38 Assisted Living Facilities in the Taylor area, with 6 in Taylor and 32 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Taylor is $2,583 per month. This is lower than the national median of $3,500. Cheaper nearby regions include Inkster with an average starting cost of $2,150.
To help you with your search, browse the 170 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Taylor. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Taylor 4.2 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Southgate with an average rating of 5.0 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped 6 families in Taylor find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Taylor, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 10 Assisted Living Facilities in Taylor, MI
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Taylor
The city of Taylor in Michigan has a lot to offer the area’s 8,054 seniors in terms of entertainment: golf courses, petting farms, parks, and, of course, the Sheridan City Open Air Pavilion. Seniors in Taylor who need facility assistance have five assisted living facilities directly in the city to choose from, with another 28 located in the surrounding areas.
In Taylor and in the rest of Michigan, assisted living facilities are known as both homes for the aged and adult foster care and are overseen by The Department of Human Services.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Taylor
- Seniors in Taylor have the option to use the myride2 program for curb-to-curb transportation for shopping or medical appointments. Occasionally, day trips to local casinos are also provided. Seniors wishing to use this transportation service must be at least 55 years of age or be disabled. Seniors may want to keep in mind that 24 hours notice is required for this service.
- Michigan does not tax seniors on Social Security benefits. Pensions and retirement savings account withdrawals, however, are partially taxed. Taylor seniors may find that Michigan’s tax policies make living in the area more affordable.
- The Taylor area is home to world-class medical facilities, including Beaumont Hospital, Vibra Hospital of Southeastern Michigan – Taylor Campus, and Henry Ford Medical Center, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- Seniors with tight budgets might appreciate the lower cost of living in Taylor. The city’s cost of living is 92.5, lower than the U.S. average of 100, with the costs of healthcare and groceries also ranking below the average.
- Seniors who enjoy participating in outdoor activities might not like living in Taylor. Although summers are warm with temperatures averaging 83 degrees, winters are chilly with low average temperatures around 19 degrees. The area also gets 34 inches of rain each year, and 43 inches of snow, both of which result in only 183 sunny days annually.
- Crime rates in Taylor are 27.1 for violent crime and 41 for property crime, both higher than the national averages of 22.7 and 35.4, respectively. Although these crime rates are unlikely to affect seniors living in secure facilities, it’s a good idea for seniors to make note of their surroundings and to travel in groups.
Paying for Assisted Living in Taylor
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Michigan
Assisted Living costs in Taylor start around $2,583 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Taylor and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Taylor
Seniors who are at least age 65 and need help with the costs of an assisted living facility can apply for the MI Choice Waiver Program.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Michigan page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Michigan page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Taylor
Taylor and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Taylor, please visit our Assisted Living in Michigan page.
The 10 Best Assisted Living Communities in Taylor Area
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Taylor
Taylor-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Michigan are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Michigan page for more information about these laws.
Other Options in Taylor, MI
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Taylor
Review of Daisy Caring Hands Assisted Living, LLC
My mom has been at Daisy Caring Hands Assisted Living. It's wonderful, it's a small place. They're very hands on, very clean, very nice people, and it seems like they really care. I've had no issue... Read more
Review of American House Southland
My mother was in American House Southland in Taylor which was a very nice and clean facility. All the people there seemed very caring and very concerned with their patients' health. They had a lot ... Read more
Review of American House Southland
Dad is moving into American House Southland tomorrow. I liked that they could have visitors. There are no restrictions on visiting. It's really, really clean, and they have all sorts of activities ... Read more