22 Assisted Living Facilities near Brownstown Township, MI
There are 22 Assisted Living Facilities in the Brownstown Township area, with 3 in Brownstown Township and 19 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Brownstown Township is $3,695 per month. This is higher than the national median of $3,650. Cheaper nearby regions include Flat Rock with an average starting cost of $3,200.
To help you with your search, browse the 112 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Brownstown Township. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Brownstown Township 3.7 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Flat Rock with an average rating of 4.0 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped 9 families in Brownstown Township find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Brownstown Township, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 10 Assisted Living Facilities in Brownstown Township, MI
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Brownstown
Brownstown is a town located in Wayne County, Michigan along the banks of the Detroit River. Brownstown is just south of the Canada/U.S. border and is home to just over 30,000 residents, 12.1 percent of whom are over the age of 65. In Michigan, assisted living facilities are officially known as Homes for the Aged. There are a total of three Homes for the Aged in Brownstown, and another 33 located nearby in surrounding cities and towns such as Riverview, Flat Rock and Taylor.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Brownstown
- Brownstown has an array of community resources for seniors, including a Senior Chore Program, which connects seniors with volunteers willing to help with minor household chores, as well as one senior center.
- The Brownstown Senior Bus gives seniors a safe public transportation option that travels to local senior programs and township offices. Seniors can schedule a ride during daytime hours Monday through Friday.
- Seniors can breathe easy in Brownstown knowing that the county's air quality has been assigned a passing grade by the American Lung Association.
- The Brownstown area is home to world-class medical facilities, including the Henry Ford Health Center, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- Seniors who like to spend time outdoors may find the winters in Brownstown too cold and snowy. The area sees an average of 39 inches of snow per year and experiences average low temperatures of 19 degrees in January. By comparison, the national average is 26 inches of snow and average low temperatures of 22.6 degrees in January.
- Brownstown is an affordable place to live with a low cost of living. Healthcare and housing in Brownstown are all well below national averages, with healthcare costs sitting 15 percent below and housing costs sitting 30 percent below the U.S. average.
Paying for Assisted Living in Brownstown
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Michigan
Assisted Living costs in Brownstown Township start around $3,695 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Brownstown Township and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Brownstown
Brownstown seniors who reside in a home for the aged may be eligible for financial assistance under the Medicaid State Plan, which pays for assisted living services.
Seniors who receive Supplemental Security Income (SSI) may apply for an Optional State Supplement (OSS) that can be used towards room and board expenses, which are capped by the state for Medicaid eligible residents.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Michigan page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Michigan page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Brownstown
Brownstown and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Brownstown, please visit our Assisted Living in Michigan page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Brownstown
Brownstown-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Michigan are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Michigan page for more information about these laws.
Assisted Living near Brownstown Township, MI
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Brownstown Township
Review of Brownstown's Forest View Assisted Living
I was very pleased with Brownstown's Forest View Assisted Living. It was clean and it had a very nice atmosphere. They knew all the residents by name. I got to meet a lot of the staff members, too,... Read more
Review of Downriver Estates Senior Living
My mother is a resident of Downriver Estates. It's a one-floor building. It's not very large. The building is older. They are currently renovating and giving it a refurbished look. The staff and em... Read more
Review of Brownstown's Forest View Assisted Living
Very poor care and staff are always on their cell phones, very unprofessional med techs and food is horrible , the rooms are outdated and cost is too high. Don’t waste your time. Read more