American House Riverview

American House Riverview (800) 385-2527

Reviews of American House Riverview

Assisted Living Reviews for American House Riverview

December 29, 2015

I visited American House. The reception and rooms were great, and the cost was within our range. The atmosphere felt better there than other places I visited.

August 13, 2015

By Caring111261950

The people were friendly at American House – Riverview Senior Living, but weren't impressed with the rooms.

Thank you for taking the time to write this review. We’re glad you chose to visit us and although our particular community may not best fit your needs, we do have other locations in Southeast Michigan which may be more suitable. You can see a complete list of our American House locations online at www.americanhouse.com. If you find one you like to visit, I’d be more than happy to arrange a tour. Warmest Regards, Jill Harrison, Executive Director | (734) 720-1005

July 28, 2015

American House Riverview Senior Living was very nice. The staff was excellent and very knowledgeable. The rooms and apartments were spectacular. The people all looked very happy and comfortable.

Thank you for your lovely comments! I’m very pleased to hear our staff made your visit pleasant. We take great care at American House in making sure our residents are comfortable and do our best to provide everything they need. If there is anything else we can do for you at all, please do not hesitate to call me directly. Warm Regards, Jill Harrison, Executive Director | (734) 720-1005

March 11, 2015

By Donald32

American House was very receptive to talking to people, showing them around, and trying to assist them in making up their minds. I like it, I could easily move in here if I have to, and the staff was very helpful. It seemed that the rooms were a little smaller but acceptable. There were many individuals the day I was in.

I'm happy you like it here! I'm here any time you have any questions - so feel free to call me directly! Thanks for leaving your feedback, and I look forward to hearing from you.

Sincerely, Jill Harrison, Executive Director

February 27, 2015

American House was nice and clean. I didn't interact with the staff that much, but everyone there seemed nice. However, if they could lower their rate that would help, financially. It had more amenities. If ever I had a stroke, I could stay in my own home and let them manage my medicine and physical therapy. That would have been wonderful.

I'm glad you noticed all our amenities, as that is one of the things that sets us above the rest! If you have any questions, I'd be happy to go over everything with you. Looking forward to hearing from you!

September 27, 2014

My mother is in American House. She has one-bedroom. It is a nice place for her so far. She receives good care from the staff. Their food and dining area are good from what I have observed. They have someone who comes by and plays music for them. They have activities like bingo and others. The place is quite expensive, but it is where my mother wants to be.

How nice to hear that your mother is enjoying herself and is right where she wants to be! We work hard to make sure our residents are happy and well taken care of - including by scheduling fun activities! Feel free to call me personally if you or your mother ever need anything.

December 30, 2013

By Rmohle1

American House Riverview Senior Living is a nice facility. It's huge. They did a really nice job in showing us around. It was kind of crowded during the tour because the ladies were in the lobby getting ready for a bingo game.

Oh, those ladies and their bingo! Everyone gets very excited for our activities here, so I apologize if they were blocking your tour at all (but at least it was because people were about to have some fun!). If you think of any other questions you may not have had answered on your tour, don't hesitate to call me.

December 01, 2013

There are two or three communities that I visited and since I live near American House, it seems to be the most advantageous for my loved one. I also chose this place for the fact that it is in my neighborhood and it is a nice facility. It also seems to be newer. The staff is very good. The rooms are clean. I think they have cards, bingo, reading activity, etc., for their residents. They also have guest speakers coming in and things like that. However, they could improve on food. In the scale of 1 to 5, I would give their food a 3.

You're right -- we do indeed offer quite a plethora of activities and events for our residents! And even though most people tell us our food options here are great, it is nice to have your feedback for where we may be able to improve. If you have any recommendations on what we should try, please let me know. Thank you!

Sincerely, Jill Harrison, Executive Director, (734) 479-1010

September 26, 2012

By lisa88897

My aunt lives at American house. She has lived there for 3 years and seems to like it very much. The have a lot of locations all over the US. We live in MI and there are many locations here. She lives nearly 15 minutes from the rest of the family so it makes it evry convenient to visit her any time. I would recommend American house from all that I have seen in the 3 years my aunt has lived there.

Thank you, lisa88897, for recommending American House! I'm very happy that your aunt is enjoying living at American House Riverview, and that your family is able to visit her whenever they want. We do our best to make sure our residents are enjoying themselves here, with our varied activities and amenities. Our doors are always open to your aunt and your whole family. Thank you again for leaving your feedback "” I really appreciate it. Sincerely, Jill Harrison, Executive Director, (734) 479-1010

August 27, 2012

By ShortayD

The staff were great, the food was just okay. The entertainment was delightful and the residents there seemed to get along and we're doing well. The negatives were the size of the facility and the confusing layout. The building was huge and the hallways seemed to go everywhere. It would be very confusing for someone who has memory issues.

Thank you for giving us your feedback about American House Riverview, ShortayD! Our staff works very hard to provide varied entertainment that is enjoyable for our residents. We also work hard to make sure our residents are happy. In fact, we just hired a corporate chef to assist in menu planning and presentation! And it may seem that our building is large, but it is sized so we can accommodate a good number of individual residences "” meaning, more men and women can enjoy our independent living arrangements. We also find our residents can quickly navigate their way around in no time at all. Please know that my door is always open. Thanks again for your feedback ShortayD.

May 18, 2012

By kelandsuzie

I thought the facility was very nice. The living quarters are one or two bedroom apartments. They have a full dining facility for the residents so they can get breakfast, lunch, dinner, and even snacks. The staff I met while I was there were very friendly and knowledgeable. It appeared the staff thoroughly love their jobs and the people that live there. The apartments were spacious so that my grandmother would still maintain her feeling of independence. They provide everything that their residents would need right there at the facility. For instance, they have a beautician and a barber available for the residents. They also have a garden which my grandmother loved. It is a small community so I feel confident they would be able to provide my grandmother with the attention she would require. My grandmother was very excited about the bingo they have at the facility and the outings they take the residents on.

Dear kelandsuzie,

Thank you so very much for your comments! And thank you for trusting us to provide your grandmother with the attention she deserves "” and since she is excited about the bingo, she will surely enjoy all the other activities she can join in on.

We take great care in making sure our residents are comfortable here and we try to provide everything they need. If you ever have any suggestions, or if you just want to stop in and say hello, my door is always open.

March 09, 2012

By PlusOne

This assisted living home was very nice. My great aunt lived here for a length of time and, although she was reluctant at first, I think that she grew to enjoy it. The staff always seemed very friendly to my family and I when we would visit, and my great aunt said that they took good care of her. The area my great aunt lived in was very nice; well taken care of, clean, looked relatively new, and offered her a sense of independence by allowing her to cook if she wanted to. In general, the facilities seemed very nice; we were able to eat in the dining area with her when we visited and the staff were always very friendly. Additionally, they took care of her and seemed to know her likes and dislikes. My family appreciated their attention to detail. I believe that the excellent staff helped make for an easier, smoother transition for my great aunt from living on her home to living here.

Dear PlusOne, It is our pleasure to help residents and their families through the transition from living at home to living here with us at American House. We love what we do and are glad to hear we made another resident and family happy. We appreciate your comments as we rely heavily on feedback to ensure we're meeting and exceeding expectations. Sincerely, Jill Harrison, Executive Director

Independent Living Reviews for American House Riverview

Photos of American House Riverview

Services and Amenities of American House Riverview

Types of care

• Meal Preparation

About American House Riverview

American House Riverview is located in a tranquil, wooded neighborhood in the heart of Riverview, Michigan. Minutes from Wyandotte, Southgate and Woodhaven, Trenton and Grosse Ile, our community is close to shopping, dining and entertainment.

Very active community, great location along Fort St, access to everything Downriver,and offer the MHSDA Tax Credit Program

Map of American House Riverview