9 Assisted Living Facilities near New Boston, MI
There are 9 Assisted Living Facilities in the New Boston area, with 2 in New Boston and 7 nearby.
To help you with your search, browse the 45 reviews below for assisted living facilities in New Boston. On average, consumers rate assisted living in New Boston 5.0 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in New Boston, call (855) 863-8283.
2 Assisted Living Facilities in New Boston, MI
7 Assisted Living Facilities near New Boston, MI
What to Consider About Assisted Living in New Boston
New Boston, located in Wayne County, Michigan, is an unincorporated community in Huron Charter Township, which has a population of 16,100 people, nearly 13% of whom are at least 65. These seniors can enjoy time outdoors at local parks, such as Willow Metropark or Oakwoods Metropark. Some in this age range need help with daily tasks, and there are two assisted living facilities in the city limits to accommodate them, with six more in nearby communities.
In New Boston and all of Michigan, the Department of Human Services regulates homes for the aged, as assisted living facilities are called in Michigan.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in New Boston
- Seniors in New Boston and the rest of Michigan enjoy senior-friendly exemptions. The state doesn't collect taxes on Social Security income, and withdrawals from IRAs, 401(k)s and pensions are only partially taxed.
- At 65, New Boston's air quality is seven points higher than the national median, which could leave seniors with respiratory ailments breathing easier than in other US cities of similar size.
- Seniors may feel fairly safe shopping and running errands in New Boston. Crime in New Boston is a fraction of state and national figures. The city's violent crime rate of 7.8 and property crime rate of 12.2, dwarf in comparison to national averages of 22.7 and 35.4, respectively.
- Summer highs reach 83 degrees on average in July, while winter lows average a chilling 17 degrees in January in New Boston. Its annual average precipitation includes 34 inches of rain and 42 inches of snow versus the national norms of 38 inches and 28 inches, respectively. With the area receiving more snow than rain each year, local seniors may find it difficult to run errands in the winter.
- High transportation costs of 150 exceed the state's average by 25% and have driven New Boston's cost of living to 109, nearly 12% higher than the state's average cost of living. However, seniors and their families may save on lower healthcare and grocery costs when compared to the US means.
- The New Boston area has no facilities from which to choose in the event of a medical emergency or illness, with the nearest major hospital located in Taylor.
Note: Data reported on this page was updated in 2019 and based on the latest 2018 figures.
Paying for Assisted Living in New Boston
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Michigan
Assisted Living costs in New Boston start around $0 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in New Boston and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in New Boston
In Michigan, including New Boston, the Michigan Choice Medicaid Waiver assists seniors who need nursing home care, a home for the aged or adult foster care.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Michigan page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Michigan page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in New Boston
New Boston and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in New Boston, please visit our Assisted Living in Michigan page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in New Boston
New Boston-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Michigan are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Michigan page for more information about these laws.
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in New Boston
Review of Waltz Manor AFC
My mother moved into Waltz Manor. Its a small house, like an adult foster home, with three residents. Its beautiful and well taken care of. There were not a lot of activities other than watching ... Read more