51 Assisted Living Facilities near Dearborn Heights, MI
Also serving communities of Garden City.
There are 51 Assisted Living Facilities in the Dearborn Heights area, with 2 in Dearborn Heights and 49 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Dearborn Heights is $2,200 per month. This is lower than the national median of $3,400. Cheaper nearby regions include Inkster with an average starting cost of $2,150.
To help you with your search, browse the 218 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Dearborn Heights. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Dearborn Heights 4.3 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Dearborn with an average rating of 4.3 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Dearborn Heights, call (855) 863-8283.
2 Assisted Living Facilities in Dearborn Heights, MI
49 Assisted Living Facilities near Dearborn Heights, MI
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Dearborn Heights
Dearborn Heights is part of the Detroit metropolitan area. Seniors who enjoy history may like the area because they can explore the Motown Museum, the Henry Ford Museum, and the Automotive Hall of Fame. Dearborn Heights is home to 55,758 people, 15.1 percent of whom are aged 65 and older.
To accommodate them, there are 51 assisted living facilities in the area with two in the city and 49 more close by. These facilities and others in the state, are known as homes for the aged or adult foster care home and are licensed by the Michigan Department of Human Services.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Dearborn Heights
- The cost of living in Dearborn Heights is seven percent lower than the national average but four percent higher than the state average. Seniors can expect to pay about six percent less than the national average for healthcare services, which is on par with the state median.
- The crime rate in Dearborn Heights is 10 percent higher than the state average but 10 percent lower than the national average. It's important for seniors to be aware of their surroundings, even though the violent crime rate is nine percent lower than the state average because it's still seven percent higher than the national average.
Dearborn Heights has four distinct seasons. Summers are mild with average high temperatures in July of 74 degrees. Winters are cold and snowy with January low temperatures averaging 26 degrees. This could limit the amount of time seniors spend outdoors several months a year.
- Seniors with breathing conditions may find it difficult to live in the Dearborn Heights area. The city's air quality index is five percent worse than the national average, but its pollution index is 96 percent better than the national average.
- Pension payments and retirement account withdrawals are partially taxed in Michigan. Seniors aren't taxed on their Social Security benefits at all, which may give them more money to pay assisted living costs.
- Dearborn Heights has a fixed-route bus service that might make it easier for seniors to get around. Seniors age 65 and over qualify for reduced fares with a SMART Reduced Fare ID card, valid driver's license, valid state ID, or a Medicare card.
Paying for Assisted Living in Dearborn Heights
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Michigan
Assisted Living costs in Dearborn Heights start around $2,200 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Dearborn Heights and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Dearborn Heights
In Michigan, the Medicaid State Plan covers the cost of personal services for seniors residing in a home for the aged. Seniors who receive Social Security may also qualify for the optional state supplement which helps cover assisted living costs for seniors.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Michigan page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Michigan page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Dearborn Heights
Dearborn Heights and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Dearborn Heights, please visit our Assisted Living in Michigan page.
The 10 Best Assisted Living Communities in Dearborn Heights Area
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Dearborn Heights
Dearborn Heights-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Michigan are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Michigan page for more information about these laws.
Other Options in Dearborn Heights, MI
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Dearborn Heights
Review of Imperial Nursing Center
the decline of care is so sad here … probable dont help they have to call a temp agency for staffing issues due to being way understaffed Read more
Review of American House Dearborn Heights Senior Living
My sister is in American House. I liked them. The only problem we run into is she goes down to get food. That is not so great because that is an additional expense for her, but she likes her little... Read more
Review of American House Dearborn Heights Senior Living
Excellent, caring staff. All through my family's experience we were very happy with the way our father was treated. All additional costs and suggested services were fully explained and tailored to... Read more