Lockwood of Clinton

Reviews of Lockwood of Clinton

Independent Living Reviews for Lockwood of Clinton

January 25, 2021

By Marie

The initial contact I had with Lockwood of Clinton was virtual. I spoke with Maria and we did a Facetime tour, so she walked around the facility through Facetime and we talked, and it was very nice. Maria was very, very nice and informative. I was able to meet her in person on the 13th, as well, and did a full in-person tour. We were able to walk through the lobby, through the wings of where the apartments were at, the dining area, and all the accessible facilities that they had there. We saw the apartments and they're updated, clean and spacious and, I think, definitely affordable for the 1-bedroom. They have different sizes and what we're looking for is a 1-bedroom for my mom. Given what that price included for the 1-bedroom, I thought it was very nice, plus it had a full kitchen. If we're looking for a negative, I would have to say that the price included just one meal, which the facility encouraged including the dinner meal because that was the more expensive meal obviously versus breakfast and lunch. So, any meal you chose not to include was like a ticket system, and my mom would have to purchase so many lunches and so many tickets for that month. Other than that, she would just be on her own for the cooking of the breakfast and lunch if she chooses to include dinner. That would probably be my only downside of this facility. Other than that, I thought it presented itself very well. I think the price was pretty compatible with what they offer like the size of the bedroom. They also have the pull cord in the bathroom and the bedroom, which I thought was very good for if my mom would have an accident, she could pull the cord and they would come to her. They also come with a pendant that the residents could wear, the GPS one, so if she would fall as well, she could have extra stability with the medical staff there through that pendant. It's almost like a life alert.

August 25, 2015

By Robert110582450

The Gardens of Clinton was very clean. The lady who gave us the tour was very polite. The apartments were very clean and very pleasant. They had different activities during the week like tennis. They had a pool table and a TV room. They also had a cafeteria. It was very peaceful and quiet.

Questions about Lockwood of Clinton

Describe the overall population of independent living residents at Lockwood of Clinton. What is their average age? What are their favorite things to do?

Our average age is 85. Our residents love to play cards, bingo, pokeno, exercise, and to visit with neighbors.

What places are nearby for independent living residents to enjoy?

We are close to the casinos, malls, Krogers & Value Center for groceries, and a whole host of restaurants for your dining pleasure.

What are some recent off-site events that the community activity director at Lockwood of Clinton has organized?

Before COVID-19 we went to places such as The Detroit Institute of Art, the cider mill, plays at both The Macomb Center for the Performing Arts, The Fox, and The Fisher Theatre, The Tiger Game and so much more.

What makes the chef or dining program at Lockwood of Clinton exceptional? What kind of menu can independent living residents expect?

Chef Lenard freshly prepares meals for all 3 services, Breakfast you can choose our Eye Opener your way or Build Your Own Omelet. For Lunch some of your options are Cobb Salad, Turkey Club, Our Famous Clinton Burger with Homemade Clinton Chips. Dinner you get your choice of soup, salad or fruit with your entrée. Do you like White Fish in Lemon Caper Sauce, Meatloaf, or maybe Chicken Stir Fry. Our menus change weekly for variety and so Chef can meet some of your favorite requests.

What common areas are available for independent living residents?

We have a beautiful Library with fireplace, Theatre Room, Exercise Room and Dining Room where we eat and have activities throughout the day.

What safety features or security measures does Lockwood of Clinton offer to independent living residents?

All of our entrances are controlled access with cameras and cameras throughout the property inside and out.

Does Lockwood of Clinton work with an agency or registry to provide nursing and medical assistance as needed?

We do have The Medical Team located on our second floor. Our patient care coordinator Cyndi would be happy to help with your care needs. The Medical Team offers skilled care, private care and also hospice if its needed.

Costs for Lockwood of Clinton

Photos of Lockwood of Clinton

Services and Amenities of Lockwood of Clinton

• Fee Structure Extra: Entry Fee Cost : 375

• Companion Suites: No

• Pets: Small Pets Allowed Only

• Licenses: Exempt

About Lockwood of Clinton

Lockwood of Clinton in Clinton Township is a stunning independent living community. We are a full service senior community where residents are encouraged to maintain an active, independent lifestyle. However, should personal care assistance be needed, a home healthcare agency is onsite 24/7. At Lockwood of Clinton, our goal is to enhance each individual’s potential for the best possible retirement lifestyle in a community built on friendship and support. We emphasize living each day to the fullest.

Lockwood of Clinton provides the charm of hometown living in a beautifully maintained community bursting with a terrific staff that’s ready to serve. By providing independent living, residents are able to live an active lifestyle with a smart plan in place for whatever tomorrow may bring. Unlike a traditional full assisted living community where services are typically grouped into multiple care levels, our residents only receive and pay for the services they actually need, and they are delivered in the comfort of their Lockwood apartment. When residents are ready for a little assistance or full care, we are ready to provide all the facilities and services needed.

Senior living shouldn't be one-size-fits-all. We offer a variety of floor plans suited to fit the needs of all our residents. We feature spacious one and two-bedroom individually climate-controlled apartment homes with full kitchens and appliances, private bathrooms, washer/dryer hookup, handrails, medical pullcords in the bathroom and bedroom, generous storage, including walk-in closets, and balconies or patios. At Lockwood of Clinton, we make life easy with our many services that enable our residents to feel truly at home and comfortable.

Services and Amenities Can Include:

• Library
  • Pet Friendly
  • Ample Resident and Guest Parking
  • Covered Parking Option

At Lockwood Of Clinton, we exceed resident expectations by providing an exceptional level of service and amenities at an extraordinary value. Come join this wonderful community, you’ll meet new friends, learn something new, enjoy special events, and be confident with a plan for future care. Welcome home!

Map of Lockwood of Clinton