50 Assisted Living Facilities near Roseville, MI
There are 50 Assisted Living Facilities in the Roseville area, with 3 in Roseville and 47 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Roseville is $1,958 per month. This is lower than the national median of $3,500.
To help you with your search, browse the 268 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Roseville. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Roseville 4.6 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Macomb with an average rating of 5.0 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped 9 families in Roseville find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Roseville, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 10 Assisted Living Facilities in Roseville, MI
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Roseville
Roseville was established as a farming community in the 1830s and is a city in Macomb County, Michigan. Seniors, who comprise nearly 14 percent of the population, have three assisted living facilities to choose from within the city. Those who look outside the city limits will find an additional 59 communities nearby.
In Michigan, assisted living facilities are officially referred to as "adult foster care" and "homes for the aged." Homes for the aged serve adults over the age of 60, but adult foster care communities can accommodate adults of any age that need assisted living services. All facilities are licensed and regulated by the Department of Human Services.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Roseville
- In Roseville, summers are muggy and warm with average highs in the low-80s, and winters are chilly with lows in the 20s. The city's climate may be well-suited for seniors who enjoy experiencing four distinct seasons.
- Overall, Roseville's cost of living is affordable, coming in roughly 7 percent below the national average. Seniors who drive or use public transit may notice that transportation expenses are considerably higher here than the average U.S. city. However, the low cost of groceries and health care may offset this expense.
- Roseville seniors are taxed on the income they receive from retirement accounts, but Michigan provides a fairly large deduction to allow seniors to hang on to more of their money. As is the case in most states, Michigan does not tax Social Security benefits.
- Public transportation in Roseville is provided by SMART, which has fixed routes, flex routes and curb-to-curb service. Seniors are eligible to receive discounted fare.
- The Roseville area is home to world-class medical facilities, including Mansour Mercy Medical Center, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- Roseville has an array of community resources for seniors, including the Recreational Authority of Roseville and Eastpointe, an organization that provides numerous activities and services to support healthy aging, as well as one senior center.
Paying for Assisted Living in Roseville
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Michigan
Assisted Living costs in Roseville start around $1,958 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Roseville and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Roseville
Seniors residing in homes for the aged who meet income guidelines may be eligible to have their assisted living expenses covered by the Medicaid State Plan. Additionally, Michigan provides an Optional sStat Supplement (OSS) for Supplemental Security Income (SSI), which can be used toward any living expense, including assisted living.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Michigan page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Michigan page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Roseville
Roseville and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Roseville, please visit our Assisted Living in Michigan page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Roseville
Roseville-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Michigan are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Michigan page for more information about these laws.
Assisted Living near Roseville, MI
Other Options in Roseville, MI
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Roseville
Review of American House East I
American House East has been fantastic. They've been taking really good care of my uncle, and the people that work there are very kind and patient. He tells me they give him too much food, but he l... Read more
Review of American House East I
We are living at the American House in Roseville. It's a very well-managed and friendly place to live. It has very nice accommodations. They have three meals a day and they have lots of activities.... Read more
Review of Huntington Homes
Huntington Homes was in a residential setting and was very clean and very nice. There was a wonderful person who was running the place, which was very homey and very comfortable. If my mother would... Read more