American House East I

Reviews of American House East I

Assisted Living Reviews for American House East I

October 19, 2015

By Bob112738550

My father-in-law is at American House East 1. We chose it mostly of its location, but it was also a nice facility. It was kept up nicely and their buildings were nice. Everybody was very friendly. With regards to their activities, they have woodworking shop and a couple other things which I felt was nice at that time. We ate there a couple of times and it was fine.

May 26, 2015

By Thomas106604350

This place was beautiful. It was like a luxury senior living domain, but the price was just too much. The rooms were five-star. They had many activities, and one of them was chair exercise. American House was the nicest one of all.

Thank you for providing your feedback on the American House East I community! You're correct in that each American House community offers a resident activity program provided by the life enrichment director (LED). The best part is that the residents get to decide 'what they want to do today' and the LED makes it happen! If I can provide any other information, or offer any assistance to you, please contact me. Fran Marable, executive director

April 30, 2015

By Lahoma1

American House East I was a very nice facility. My sister and I first went in, and we both wanted to move in. Actually, this one was very nice because they had a big woodworking room for the men or the women, and they had a big craft room with sewing machines and all kinds of stuff. That is my sister and I. We do a lot of that kind of stuff. They even had a ceramics room with a kiln. The rooms were very nice. At this place, the residents were more interactive, they seemed more with it, and they were enjoying themselves more. I just liked the things that were available for the residents to be able to do. Not the outside activities, but things in there that they could get involved with. In a lot of the other places, it is like you have to go out to get involved, but in this one, it was more internal than it was external.

Thank you for your feedback! We're so happy that you and your sister were able to take-part in the many activities the life enrichment director plans. In addition to what you mentioned, we also have a community dining room with an Executive Chef, a chapel, library, exercise room, computer area, potting room for plants, billiard and game room. If there's anything we can do for you please visit the main office!

December 28, 2014

By Caring99602050

America House East Senior Living is outstanding. It is the cleanest place I have ever been to. The community rooms are large, very well-lit, very clean, and great seating. The apartment is very clean and roomy and has everything one needs including a safe bathroom. Every staff that I have run into has been concerned about my father, they take good care of him, they answered all my questions, and -- in short -- they have been very impressive. The staff is very warm and friendly, and even when I walk through the place now, the people in the community who live there chat with me, and I appreciate that as well. I have been very impressed. The staff was very helpful. They made it very comfortable for all of us, I think that they take good care of him, watch over him, and they made it easier for us to make this decision and for me to feel comfortable because I needed to find a place that allows you to feel comfortable with your parent in there or that he'd make any friends. He is being fed and is living in a clean environment with people who care about making him feel he is very important.

I’m extremely pleased that you are so impressed with our community! Our staff works very hard to make sure our residents are happy, well taken care of, and having fun. We view our residents as part of our family. If you ever need anything, please feel free to stop by my office or give me a call.

Sincerely, Fran Marable, Executive Director 586-776-8500

December 26, 2014

I picked American House East I Senior Living for myself although I'm not going there yet. They offer three meals a day and entertainment like cards and bingo. I know that they have a bus that takes the residents to the grocery store if they need to, and then they would also take you to your doctor's appointment.

How exciting that you've already chosen to move into our wonderful American House community! We do offer those amenities, plus so much more -- including fun activities and events scheduled by our Life Enrichment Director. We look forward to having you move in here. If you have any questions before you do so, please don't hesitate to call me!

Sincerely, Fran Marable, Executive Director 586-776-8500

December 31, 2013

I liked American House very much. The staff was very good. They have lots of things going on. It just felt very warm there when I visited this place.

That's what we aim for - our residents and visitors to feel warm and happy here! I'm glad you liked it, and hope you noticed ALL of the cool and enjoyable events we offer. If you have any questions, please call me and I'd be happy to help out.

Sincerely, Fran Marable Executive Director 586-776-8500

December 29, 2013

By Carolyn30

We went to American House and the facility was nice. The programming seemed really good. The dining room was way off on one side of the building and the rooms she showed us was the other, just way too much walking for my mom to be able to get around as much as she would need to do. I just thought it was too big. The staff was fine.

Thanks for leaving your feedback, Carolyn. I understand your concerns about your mom being able to maneuver around the community; if you would like to give me a call personally, I'd be happy to talk to you about our options for her. We have staff on site to assist with escorting our residents if needed. I'd love for her to be able to enjoy all of our activities and events here!

Sincerely, Fran Marable Executive Director 586-776-8500

November 27, 2012

By scotty2hotty

The home was very nice based on my expectations being rather low for this assisted living home. I walked in and they greeted me very friendly and showed me where my moms friends room was. On the way to the room i noticed that every one there was happy and i didnt see any of the people frowning. The staff was great and that was probably my most positive comment about the whole place. As i walked in her room i noticed that the rooms were very tidy and some where id like to live at when im older. She spoke to me about how the food there was not that good but the customer service was great to her. We walked around to the cafeteria so i could get a bite to eat with her and some coffee while i was there. the food was not as bad as she stated and they still held great service in the cafeteria. But this was an easy 4 out of 5 stars in rating on this assisted living home

Thanks for providing feedback "“ we consider it a compliment that you think so highly of our staff at American House! We make sure we only have the very best people working with us, and they truly love working with our residents. We try to foster happy attitudes and cleanliness in our building, so I'm glad that was evident. I'm glad you enjoyed our food and kitchen service as well. We want to make sure we're providing the highest quality food we can for our residents, so if your experience was different, I'd like to speak with you about opportunities to improve.

Thank you, Fran Marable, Executive Director 586-776-8500

November 06, 2012

By Paula4

Our experience with American House East was generally positive. The apartments for residents were adequately sized and generally clean. The food seemed enjoyable for the residents with lots of dietary options. The activities provided to residents who were able to participate seemed like good enrichment, and I liked the mobile doctors/nursing staff and hair care center. The staff were friendly aside from a few minor incidents. One such incident was indicating that my relative residing here "complained too frequently" or that she had made excessive demands. Considering she suffered from severe dementia, which the staff knew, I do not feel it was appropriate for the employees to convey their annoyance with my family, who had turned to this place because we needed help with that very thing. Also I feel that she sometimes was left in her wheelchair in odd places that did not provide her with good visual stimulation; for example, instead of staff leaving her in front of a window, I would find her facing the wall. But overall I feel the staff was competent for the level of care she was receiving.

Hi Paula4, Thank you for the feedback! We're so happy your experience with American House was positive. However, we are concerned about the incident you referenced and would like to learn more. We want to make sure we do all we can for you and your loved one so please call when you get a chance, or stop by my office. My door is always open.

Sincerely, Fran Marable Executive Director (586) 776-8500

Independent Living Reviews for American House East I

Photos of American House East I

Services and Amenities of American House East I

• Detached Homes

• Personal Care Assistants

About American House East I

Belgium castle style building nestled in a quiet, park like setting. Many unique amenities including woodworking shop, putt putt green, ceramics room, large one of a kind chapel with daily services, ample storage, large walk in closets in most units. Independent Living community with assistance available through 3rd party on-site provider. Studio, 1 and 2 bedroom units available.

Old world style feel with many amentities not found elsewhere. Continuum of Care Campus allows residents to truly age in place.

Map of American House East I