American House East I

Offers Assisted Living and Independent Living

17255 Common Rd., Roseville, MI 48066
American House East I (800) 385-2527
PROMOTION! 28 days

The gift of savings at American House East 1! For a limited time, select one bedroom apartments for $1995! Call today to schedule your tour!

Reviews of American House East I

Assisted Living Reviews for American House East I

July 06, 2020

By Sarah

American House East has been fantastic. They've been taking really good care of my uncle, and the people that work there are very kind and patient. He tells me they give him too much food, but he likes it. His apartment is clean and nice, and he likes it. He has plenty of room for all his things. They've been in quarantine, but we can talk to them from our cars. They sit at the little gathering area individually and we can have a drive-by visit. They have a band play outdoors. They also have music evenings where they can sit and just listen to music and dance and get together. I wish it was cheaper, but the value for the money is good. Everybody takes the time to get to know each other. Everybody greeted my uncle when he came and made him feel right at home. It's a very friendly community. They have independent living, assisted living, little condos, and memory care, which are in different buildings in the same area. He likes that they have a chapel, and they have daily rosaries and daily mass.

Thanks so much for your 5-star review of American House East I! We appreciate your feedback and are honored to serve your family.

March 27, 2018

By DL

We are living at the American House in Roseville. It's a very well-managed and friendly place to live. It has very nice accommodations. They have three meals a day and they have lots of activities. The rooms are very nice and very clean. Our apartment-style room was freshly painted and given new carpeting before we moved in. There are several American houses in the area that are very popular. The staff is marvelous and the residents are very friendly.

August 02, 2016

By Mary150054

I am living in American House East, and it's very friendly, and I am satisfied. People are friendly and do what they said they were going to do. You have your privacy. Sometimes the food is a little overdone but at a whole, it's OK. We like some of it, and some of it we don't, but there's always plenty to eat. The apartment has a living room, a bedroom, a bathroom, and three closets, one of which is a big walk-in closet. There's a lot of amenities and activities and a beautiful facility on the lower level. They've got everything, like a beauty shop, a room with TV, a big room for gatherings, and laundry.

March 28, 2016

American House was very nice and clean. The staff was very knowledgeable, knew what they are doing, and very nice.

December 21, 2015

By Mauty

American House East I Senior Living is a big community, so they have a lot of things going on. They have their own chapel. The design is more updated than the other facilities I’ve seen. But my mom didn’t like the facility, because it’s darker, and all the activities happen in the basement, and she didn’t like that.

October 19, 2015

By Bob112738550

My father-in-law is at American House East 1. We chose it mostly of its location, but it was also a nice facility. It was kept up nicely and their buildings were nice. Everybody was very friendly. With regards to their activities, they have woodworking shop and a couple other things which I felt was nice at that time. We ate there a couple of times and it was fine.

May 26, 2015

By Thomas106604350

This place was beautiful. It was like a luxury senior living domain, but the price was just too much. The rooms were five-star. They had many activities, and one of them was chair exercise. American House was the nicest one of all.

Thank you for providing your feedback on the American House East I community! You're correct in that each American House community offers a resident activity program provided by the life enrichment director (LED). The best part is that the residents get to decide 'what they want to do today' and the LED makes it happen! If I can provide any other information, or offer any assistance to you, please contact me. Fran Marable, executive director

April 30, 2015

By Lahoma1

American House East I was a very nice facility. My sister and I first went in, and we both wanted to move in. Actually, this one was very nice because they had a big woodworking room for the men or the women, and they had a big craft room with sewing machines and all kinds of stuff. That is my sister and I. We do a lot of that kind of stuff. They even had a ceramics room with a kiln. The rooms were very nice. At this place, the residents were more interactive, they seemed more with it, and they were enjoying themselves more. I just liked the things that were available for the residents to be able to do. Not the outside activities, but things in there that they could get involved with. In a lot of the other places, it is like you have to go out to get involved, but in this one, it was more internal than it was external.

Thank you for your feedback! We're so happy that you and your sister were able to take-part in the many activities the life enrichment director plans. In addition to what you mentioned, we also have a community dining room with an Executive Chef, a chapel, library, exercise room, computer area, potting room for plants, billiard and game room. If there's anything we can do for you please visit the main office!

December 28, 2014

By Caring99602050

America House East Senior Living is outstanding. It is the cleanest place I have ever been to. The community rooms are large, very well-lit, very clean, and great seating. The apartment is very clean and roomy and has everything one needs including a safe bathroom. Every staff that I have run into has been concerned about my father, they take good care of him, they answered all my questions, and -- in short -- they have been very impressive. The staff is very warm and friendly, and even when I walk through the place now, the people in the community who live there chat with me, and I appreciate that as well. I have been very impressed. The staff was very helpful. They made it very comfortable for all of us, I think that they take good care of him, watch over him, and they made it easier for us to make this decision and for me to feel comfortable because I needed to find a place that allows you to feel comfortable with your parent in there or that he'd make any friends. He is being fed and is living in a clean environment with people who care about making him feel he is very important.

I’m extremely pleased that you are so impressed with our community! Our staff works very hard to make sure our residents are happy, well taken care of, and having fun. We view our residents as part of our family. If you ever need anything, please feel free to stop by my office or give me a call.

December 26, 2014

I picked American House East I Senior Living for myself although I'm not going there yet. They offer three meals a day and entertainment like cards and bingo. I know that they have a bus that takes the residents to the grocery store if they need to, and then they would also take you to your doctor's appointment.

How exciting that you've already chosen to move into our wonderful American House community! We do offer those amenities, plus so much more -- including fun activities and events scheduled by our Life Enrichment Director. We look forward to having you move in here. If you have any questions before you do so, please don't hesitate to call me!

December 31, 2013

I liked American House very much. The staff was very good. They have lots of things going on. It just felt very warm there when I visited this place.

That's what we aim for - our residents and visitors to feel warm and happy here! I'm glad you liked it, and hope you noticed ALL of the cool and enjoyable events we offer. If you have any questions, please call me and I'd be happy to help out.

Sincerely, Fran Marable Executive Director

December 29, 2013

By Carolyn30

We went to American House and the facility was nice. The programming seemed really good. The dining room was way off on one side of the building and the rooms she showed us was the other, just way too much walking for my mom to be able to get around as much as she would need to do. I just thought it was too big. The staff was fine.

Thanks for leaving your feedback, Carolyn. I understand your concerns about your mom being able to maneuver around the community; if you would like to give me a call personally, I'd be happy to talk to you about our options for her. We have staff on site to assist with escorting our residents if needed. I'd love for her to be able to enjoy all of our activities and events here!

Sincerely, Fran Marable Executive Director

Independent Living Reviews for American House East I

July 28, 2020

By Torei

American House East is nice, quiet, and clean. They have different activities. My mom can walk around, but mostly she just likes it because it is quiet. We only had one lady who assisted us, and she was very nice and very informative. They're really good.

Thanks so much for your 5-star review of our community! We love to meet family members and are happy to hear about your experience.

October 02, 2018

By Atiba

American House East I Senior Living was a very beautiful, very welcoming, very warm, and very homey place. It looked modern, but it was built several years ago. It looked so up-to-date. The entire facility was beautiful. The staff was very friendly and very professional. They had a very large kitchen area that catered to the residents. I liked the place a lot. I met with the director and she was very helpful, showed me around, and introduced me to other staff members and the residents. The menu was definitely 5-star. It's very clean. I would live there myself.

December 26, 2013

By Peggy25

American House was nice-looking and clean. It is also big. I got a good feel to it. I would recommend it. They have lots of activities. They have a monthly calendar for them. They did have a nice cafeteria. It was large and clean. I looked at one of their apartments and it was the smallest one but it was sort of under construction. It seemed fine though. I think I think if I were to put my aunt somewhere, it might be here at American House. It would be nice though if the staff showed me more than just one apartment.

Thank you for leaving such a thoughtful and detailed review. We do take pride in our activities, food and homey feel. We are glad you think our community could be a good fit for your aunt. If you ever would like to see more of our community, please don't hesitate to call or stop by any time.

Costs for American House East I

Photos of American House East I

Services and Amenities of American House East I

• Independent Living Starting At: $1995/month

• Detached Homes

• Personal Care Assistants

About American House East I

Belgium castle style building nestled in a quiet, park like setting. Many unique amenities including woodworking shop, putt putt green, ceramics room, large one of a kind chapel with daily services, ample storage, large walk in closets in most units. Independent Living community with assistance available through 3rd party on-site provider. Studio, 1 and 2 bedroom units available.

Old world style feel with many amentities not found elsewhere. Continuum of Care Campus allows residents to truly age in place.

Map of American House East I