31 Assisted Living Facilities near Saint Clair Shores, MI
Also serving communities of Grosse Pointe Woods, Harper Woods, Grosse Pointe.
There are 31 Assisted Living Facilities in the Saint Clair Shores area, with 2 in Saint Clair Shores and 29 nearby.
To help you with your search, browse the 133 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Saint Clair Shores. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Saint Clair Shores 4.2 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Roseville with an average rating of 4.6 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Saint Clair Shores, call (855) 863-8283.
2 Assisted Living Facilities in Saint Clair Shores, MI
29 Assisted Living Facilities near Saint Clair Shores, MI
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Saint Clair Shores
Saint Clair Shores, located in southeast Michigan along the Detroit River, was originally founded in 1710 by French settlers and later became the home of the largest roller coaster in the country. Today, the city is a member of the Miss America Organization and is also home to almost 11,500 seniors. To support these seniors, there are two assisted living facilities located within the city proper and another 31 facilities located in nearby areas such as Warren, Sterling Heights and Roseville.
In all of Michigan, including Saint Clair Shores, assisted living facilities are called homes for the aged and adult senior care, dependant on the age of the residents they serve. These facilities are licensed by the Department of Human Services.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Saint Clair Shores
- The Saint Clair Shores area is home to world-class medical facilities, including Ascension St. John Hospital, Henry Ford Medical Center and Beaumont Medical Center, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- Saint Clair Shores seniors may find that their monthly budgets stretch further thanks to Michigan’s tax laws. Seniors are not taxed on Social Security income and are only partially taxed on retirement savings account withdrawals and pensions.
- The cost of living in Saint Clair Shores is 101.7, slightly higher than both the Michigan average of 96.7 and the U.S. average of 100, driven primarily by the high cost of transportation at 156.6, which is something that seniors who no longer drive may want to take into consideration. Seniors can expect to pay less for healthcare and groceries in this city than they would in other areas of the state or country.
- The air quality rating for Saint Clair Shores is 66 out of 100 (best), almost 10 points higher than the U.S. average of 58. Seniors with respiratory issues may find that their symptoms don’t worsen in this city.
- Seniors in Saint Clair Shores can feel safe whether relaxing at home or out visiting friends. The city has a violent crime rate of 13.8 and a property crime rate of 21.2, both considerably lower than the national averages of 22.7 and 35.4 in the same categories.
- Seniors who rely on mobility aids may have challenges living in Saint Clair Shores. The city typically gets 34 inches of rain and 31 inches of snow each year.
Note: Data on this page was updated in 2019 and based on the latest 2018 figures
Paying for Assisted Living in Saint Clair Shores
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Michigan
Assisted Living costs in Saint Clair Shores start around $0 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Saint Clair Shores and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Saint Clair Shores
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Michigan page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Michigan page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Saint Clair Shores
Saint Clair Shores and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Saint Clair Shores, please visit our Assisted Living in Michigan page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Saint Clair Shores
Saint Clair Shores-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Michigan are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Michigan page for more information about these laws.
Assisted Living near Saint Clair Shores, MI
Other Options in Saint Clair Shores, MI
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Saint Clair Shores
Review of ShorePointe Village
Our father was a resident in the Homestead neighborhood following a very difficult series of hospital and rehab stays. The staff at the Village went out of their way to get to know him quickly, ide... Read more
Review of ShorePointe Village
I have found the ShorePointe Village community, welcoming, compassionate, flexible and very accommodating. Their attention to detail has been so appreciated. They take a keen interest in each an... Read more
Review of Beechwood Manor Inc.
I love Beechwood Manor. It is a beautiful community. The staff is compassionate and kind. They're really good at delivering information to me. They get to know their clients and their patients on a... Read more