61 Assisted Living Facilities near Clinton Township, MI
Also serving communities of Mount Clemens, Harrison Township.
There are 61 Assisted Living Facilities in the Clinton Township area, with 12 in Clinton Township and 49 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Clinton Township is $3,206 per month. This is lower than the national median of $3,400. Cheaper nearby regions include Sterling Heights with an average starting cost of $2,945.
To help you with your search, browse the 307 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Clinton Township. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Clinton Township 4.0 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Sterling Heights with an average rating of 4.2 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Clinton Township, call (855) 863-8283.
12 Assisted Living Facilities in Clinton Township, MI
49 Assisted Living Facilities near Clinton Township, MI
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Clinton Township
Clinton Township is a part of the metro Detroit area and is located in Macomb County, Michigan. It's home to several historic parks and attractions including Veteran's Memorial Park and Fort Fraser. A little more than 100,000 residents reside in Clinton Township, and nearly 18 percent are over the age of 65. In Michigan, assisted living facilities for seniors are officially known as homes for the aged. Clinton Township has a total of 12 of these facilities, and in surrounding areas, seniors can find an additional 44 communities.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Clinton Township
- There's an array of community resources available to Clinton Township seniors, including Community Education Programs that are geared toward helping seniors master health and life skills, as well as one senior center.
- There is plenty of arts and culture for seniors in Clinton Township to enjoy. Homes for the aged may offer supervised day trips for residents to take in some of the area's top attractions, including Festival of the Senses.
- The air quality in Clinton Township has been given a passing grade by the American Lung Association, meaning seniors living in the area can breathe comfortably and those who suffer from breathing-related medical conditions don't need to be concerned about the air quality worsening their condition.
- Several safe public transportation options are available for seniors wishing to travel throughout Clinton Township and surrounding areas. Both Clinton Transit and SmartBus travel throughout the area and offer reduced fares for senior citizens.
- Seniors in Clinton Township can feel safe knowing that crime rates are lower than the state average. Property crimes occur at a rate of 16.87 per 1,000 residents per year, and violent crimes occur at a rate of 3.29 per 1,000 residents per year. Throughout the state, an average of 19.1 property crimes and 4.59 violent crimes occur per 1,000 residents per year.
- Although the overall cost of living is 7.2 percent above the national average in Clinton Township, the cost of healthcare is actually 17 percent below the U.S. average, meaning some seniors may have more available funds to help pay for the cost of assisted living.
Paying for Assisted Living in Clinton Township
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Michigan
Assisted Living costs in Clinton Township start around $3,056 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Clinton Township and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Clinton Township
Seniors in Clinton Township who are living in a home for the aged may be eligible to have the cost of assisted living services covered by the Medicaid State Plan.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Michigan page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Michigan page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Clinton Township
Clinton Township and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Clinton Township, please visit our Assisted Living in Michigan page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Clinton Township
Clinton Township-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Michigan are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Michigan page for more information about these laws.
Assisted Living near Clinton Township, MI
Other Options in Clinton Township, MI
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Clinton Township
Review of Rose Senior Living – Clinton Township
I saw the assisted and independent living facilities at Rose Senior Living - Clinton Township. Everything that they showed me was excellent. They showed me rooms and explained the pricing and what ... Read more
Review of Rose Senior Living – Clinton Township
We chose Rose Senior Living - Clinton Township for my mom. It's awesome, and we don't have complaints. The care goes above and beyond what we expected. I would live there. They have all kinds of ac... Read more
Review of Bramham Foster Home
Very satisfied. My grandmother has lived there for 3 years. They are very caring and love everyone like family. I just moved my father into their 2nd home. Read more