American House Sterling Heights -

Reviews of American House Sterling Heights

Assisted Living Reviews for American House Sterling Heights

July 28, 2015

By Judy111119150

What I like about it is that they have lots of activities, and that was nice. They have music and entertainment, and sometimes kids come in and entertain them. The rooms are very nice and pretty. The staff was very friendly as well.

February 08, 2015

By Caring101915550

The rooms are very nice, and the prices seem to be reasonable here. The staff was wonderful. Everything is very nice and very clean. I like that fact that it is a one-story building so that my mother would not need to go on an elevator at all. I got a nice one hour tour two times, so I have a really good feel of the place. I even had lunch there to check the menu, and it was good. None of the other places is as nice as this facility.

January 17, 2015

By Caring100519550

It met our qualifications and needs. The staff was pleasant to work with. Their food was very good. The sanitation seemed to be good.

January 05, 2015

It is excellent, and I’ve been around and known others. It’s very clean, and the kitchen and help are wonderful because my mother has restricted diet. Everything was a la carte, and I like that for the reason that I had a bad experience with another facility. In this facility you can bring your own medication. They have card playing, and my mom like crochet. She goes to some of the concerts, to the holiday party dinner, and plays bingo once in a while.

October 16, 2014

By Priscilla5

It had a very nice atmosphere. Everybody was friendly and happy. The staff was really good in explaining everything. It really felt like they cared, and they were there for you. Even after my mom passed, they sent cards and still called. You don't find people like that. They really cared about the people they were working with, and it was nice to see that. They were amazing. It really felt like if something would happen; they would be right on it. They were all very nice people. It was community and not just a place. They had a lot of activities. If my mom had been there, she would have had the best of care.

May 20, 2014

By Corliess

The staff was excellent. It was beautiful. I wished I could move in there. They were very nice. Sandy was very nice and took us on the tour. She was so sweet. She showed us the dining room. My father really liked her. She introduced him to some of the people there. There's no excuse for my father not to move in. They were very nice. They showed us furnished rooms and empty ones, and both of them were nice. They had a male group get-together and female group get-together. They had card playing and movie night. They went out to theaters and casinos. They even went to Hooter's one time. They did a lot of stuff. My father had two cars, and they were to give him two parking spaces for both of his vehicles. If I were of the age that I would have to go, that's where I would like to go. I would really enjoy being there.

March 27, 2014

Mom stayed here for a couple of days. It was a nice facility. The rooms are clean, and the food was very good. However, the first day she was there, she fell and dislocated her hip. She was not able to able to push the button for help because of her dementia. I had impressed upon my sister when she brought Mom to have her evaluated, that they take the time with the medical people to make sure that she would be able to function at that level because I didn't feel she could. They didn't figure out that she wouldn't be able to push her button. My sister was there on the 23rd of December in the afternoon after moving her in. She called me first thing the next morning and told me I needed to bring a wheelchair. They said she couldn't stand. They didn't say, "There's something wrong with her." It wasn't until Christmas night that they decided that she needed to go to the hospital. I was concerned because it took two days or so to figure out that she needed to go to the hospital when she dislocated her hip.

December 29, 2013

My dad is in an ALF now. I actually found it when I called the assisted living place my mom had been in before and they recommended this place. Their rooms are very spacious. Food is institutional but it is fine. The dining room is fine and pleasant, not too crowded. Regarding activities, I'm aware of them but my father doesn't participate in any of them. They have little field trips and nice entertainment every other week. They have a very good social director there and she works very hard to make things nice for people. It's a great place. We're very pleased with it. I absolutely recommend this place. There are other nicer facilities but the staff there really makes it excellent. They're very attentive. Also one of the reasons we chose this place was because they offer tray service for residents. We knew my father would refuse to go to the dining room, and for a charge, they will bring tray of food to the resident's room if somebody is not feeling well or refuses to go to the dining room. My dad refuses to go and he has never been to the dining room since he has been there. He is very antisocial.

September 25, 2013

By Linda70708150

It was a very clean and nice facility. They had apartments that had living area with one bedroom, a bathroom and a kitchenette. I liked it that the apartments were all in one level. The staff was very nice. They had activities and they go on trips. I would definitely recommend them to others.

March 20, 2013

By Susan27

My whole family is very pleased that we were able to get Mom into this facility 5 years ago event hough she didn't want to leave her condo and all her friends. But it didn't take long before even she was glad she was living there. The staff was wonderful, caring people, and really deeply care for the residents. They were specially caring when my mom fell and broke her femur last year. She is back on her feet again now with their help. We would recommend this facility to anyone!

February 24, 2013

By Gladys4

The facilities are well appointed and clean. The staff is very hands on. The medical team is probably the most caring. staff I have encountered. I feel very comfortable having my aunt at the Sterling I location.

September 21, 2012

By peaceofmind

My mother is given very good care here. We know she can not live alone. They are there to take care of her and her needs 24 hours a day. It gives us great peace of mind knowing she is there.

Independent Living Reviews for American House Sterling Heights

Costs for American House Sterling Heights

Photos of American House Sterling Heights

Services and Amenities of American House Sterling Heights

• Fee Structure Extra: Entry Fee Cost : $1500

• Companion Suites: Yes

• Pets: Small Pets Allowed Only

About American House Sterling Heights

Our community is situated near shopping, dining and health care facilities. We offer the independence you want, with the services you need to transition into the next phase of your life. With a host of amenities and services, we’re sure to have an apartment that’s right for you.

One floor senior living - easy to navigate. Large open dining room. A TV/Movie room.

Map of American House Sterling Heights