55 Assisted Living Facilities near Warren, MI
There are 55 Assisted Living Facilities in the Warren area, with 10 in Warren and 45 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Warren is $3,220 per month. This is lower than the national median of $3,500. Cheaper nearby regions include Roseville with an average starting cost of $1,600.
To help you with your search, browse the 269 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Warren. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Warren 4.1 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Roseville with an average rating of 4.5 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped 15 families in Warren find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Warren, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 10 Assisted Living Facilities in Warren, MI
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Warren
Warren, Michigan, the largest suburb of Detroit, has a population of over 135,000 — 15.8 percent of whom are 65 and over. To serve seniors, there are 63 assisted living facilities located in and around Warren. They are regulated by the Michigan Bureau of Child and Adult Licensing, a division of the Department of Human Services. These facilities are defined as assisting 21 or more residents aged 60 or older with daily tasks, personal care and medication management.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Warren
- Located in southeast Michigan, Warren is known for its mild summers and cold, snowy winters. The average high temperature is 32 degrees Fahrenheit in January and 84 degrees Fahrenheit in July.
- Warren has an array of community resources for seniors, including the Macomb County Office of Senior Services, an organization that offers meals, wellness workshops and other services, as well as a senior center.
- Crime is an increasing issue in Warren, as it is in many other parts of Michigan. The overall crime rate in Warren is 9 percent higher than the national average, making Warren safer than just 20 percent of U.S. cities.
- The Warren area is home to world-class medical facilities, including St. John Macomb-Oakland Hospital, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- It's not difficult to travel around Warren. The city is located right on I-696. In addition, the City of Warren offers transportation services to seniors 60 and older with advance notice. The SMART bus system gives reduced fare and priority seating to older adults.
- Warren features plenty of interesting cultural events and attractions. These include the Edsel & Eleanor Ford House, the Arctic Ring of Life polar bear habitat and the Michigan Military Technical and Historical Society. Most Warren events and attractions offer a senior discount, although the qualifying age varies.
Paying for Assisted Living in Warren
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Michigan
Assisted Living costs in Warren start around $3,220 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Warren and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Warren
A number of state and federal government programs offer financial assistance to eligible Warren, Michigan, seniors living in an assisted living facility. These include Medicaid State Plan, the MI Choice Waiver and Supplemental Security Income Category G.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Michigan page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Michigan page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Warren
Warren and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Warren, please visit our Assisted Living in Michigan page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Warren
Warren-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Michigan are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Michigan page for more information about these laws.
Assisted Living near Warren, MI
Other Options in Warren, MI
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Warren
Review of The Arbor Inn
The Arbor Inn had a pleasant atmosphere and the staff seemed very friendly. It was very clean and smelled good. I was visiting a friend there last year and his room was well accommodated. He seemed... Read more
Review of Park Place, A Signature American House Community
I went to Park Place (American House). It was a great place and it had a lot of facilities, it had a movie room and game rooms, excellent dining and it had an indoor little pond area. I've only met... Read more
Review of Windemere Park Warren
We moved my mother in Windemere Park Warren. What we liked about this place is that the price was obviously a thing, because that was within her price point. The people return calls very promptly, ... Read more