37 Assisted Living Facilities in Spokane, WA
Also serving communities of Cheney.
The average cost of assisted living in Spokane is $3,705 per month. This is higher than the national median of $3,400. Cheaper nearby regions include Spokane Valley with an average starting cost of $2,840.
To help you with your search, browse the 131 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Spokane. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Spokane 4.1 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Liberty Lake with an average rating of 4.3 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped 7 families in Spokane find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Spokane, call (855) 863-8283.
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Spokane
Spokane, Washington, is the childhood home of legendary singer Bing Crosby and was also the first city to celebrate Father's Day. Spokane is also home to 26,805 seniors, some of whom might benefit from a nursing level of care. To support these seniors, Spokane has 38 assisted living facilities, all located within city limits.
Assisted living facilities in Spokane, and in all of Washington, are governed by the Washington State Department of Social and Health Services, Aging and Long-Term Support Administration Department.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Spokane
- Washington does not tax seniors on retirement savings account withdrawals, pensions or Social Security benefits, which may help make the area more affordable for Spokane seniors.
- The cost of living in Spokane is 97.1, slightly lower than the national average of 100. Seniors can expect to pay less for groceries and healthcare expenses than they would in other parts of Washington or the United States.
- The Spokane area is home to world-class medical facilities, including Providence Holy Family Hospital, MultiCare Deaconess Hospital and Providence Sacred Heart Medical Center, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- Spokane has a comfortable climate with summer highs of 84 degrees and winter lows of 25. Sperling's Comfort Index gives the area a rating of 70 out of 100, 16 points higher than the national average of 54, which suggests that the city might be an ideal location for seniors with arthritis or joint pains.
- The air quality in Spokane is poor. On a scale where 100 represents the cities with the best air quality, Spokane ranks at 44, a full 14 points lower than the national average of 58. Seniors with respiratory conditions like asthma, COPD or lung cancer might have a difficult time breathing in Spokane than in other parts of Washington or the United States.
- Spokane has a violent crime rating of 28.6 and a property crime rating of 95.3, both higher than the national averages of 22.7 and 35.4, respectively. Families may want to ask facility staff about protocols they have in place to keep their residents safe.
Paying for Assisted Living in Spokane
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Washington
Assisted Living costs in Spokane start around $3,638 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Spokane and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Spokane
<p xml:lang="EN-US">Low-income seniors living in Spokane can receive benefits that can help pay for assisted living from Apple Health, Washington's Medicaid provider, through two different programs: the Medicaid Personal Care Program and the Community First Choice Option. Additionally, eligible seniors can apply to receive a cash benefit through Supplemental Security Income – Category G, which can be used to help pay for assisted living.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Washington page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Washington page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Spokane
Spokane and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Spokane, please visit our Assisted Living in Washington page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Spokane
Spokane-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Washington are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Washington page for more information about these laws.
Assisted Living near Spokane, WA
Other Options in Spokane, WA
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Spokane
Review of Aspen Quality Care Inc
If you like small dogs pooping in your room or HUGE dogs in the back yard that could be used as a restful area for residents, you will like this facility. Also picture kitchen help wiping up dog p... Read more
Review of Brookdale Park Place
We lived in Brookdale Park Place for a couple of months, but it didn't work out for us. They assist you with what they want to assist you with, not with what you need. The two-bedroom apartment we ... Read more
Review of South Hill Village
My mother-in-law is in an assisted living place called South Hill Village. She loves it there. She has actually gained weight, which is really great. We really like it; she is very happy. The rooms... Read more