16 Assisted Living Facilities near Post Falls, ID
There are 16 Assisted Living Facilities in the Post Falls area, with 5 in Post Falls and 11 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Post Falls is $3,250 per month. This is lower than the national median of $3,450.
To help you with your search, browse the 65 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Post Falls. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Post Falls 3.9 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Coeur D Alene with an average rating of 4.6 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Post Falls, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 10 Assisted Living Facilities in Post Falls, ID
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Post Falls
Post Falls is located in the scenic Couer d'Alene metro area in Northern Idaho, just 25 miles east of Spokane, Washington. In Post Falls and all of Idaho, assisted living facilities (ALFs) are licensed by the Idaho Department of Health and Welfare. They provide personal assistance, supervision, meals and lodging for three or more adults who are not related to the owners. Post Falls has five assisted living facilities and is nearby to 56 more.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Post Falls
- The cost of living in Post Falls is 102.8 on the 100-point index, where the national average is 100. In comparison, the state of Idaho has a lower average cost of living with a rank of 95.1.
- Crime in Post Falls is lower than that of the nation. The violent crime rate in the city is 14.4 out of 100, compared with 31.1 for the U.S. Property crime is also lower, with the city scoring 37.3 to the nation's 38.1.
- Post Falls enjoys an average of 174 sunny days each year, compared with the U.S. average of 205 days. The city averages 39 inches of snow per year, as opposed to the national average of 26 inches. The January low temperature in Post Falls averages 24 degrees Fahrenheit. Extremely cold temperatures may be difficult for some people, including those with respiratory conditions such as asthma.
Sales tax in Post Falls is 6.0 percent, which is the same as the national average. The income tax rate is 7.4 percent for the city and is considerably higher than the nation's average of 4.6 percent.
- The air quality in Post Falls is 58, which is the same as the national average. This is an important factor for seniors to consider, especially those suffering from asthma, COPD or other respiratory conditions or illnesses.
- Post Falls has an array of community resources for seniors, including the Post Falls Senior Center, an organization that offers a variety of activities for seniors to enjoy. The center supports independence and offers fitness classes, bingo, lunches and monthly classes where seniors can gather and make new friends.
Paying for Assisted Living in Post Falls
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Idaho
Assisted Living costs in Post Falls start around $3,250 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Post Falls and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Post Falls
The state of Idaho offers two programs to help residents pay for the cost of assisted living. The Medicaid Aged and Disabled 1915(c) Waiver program is designed to help seniors better afford assisted living care.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Idaho page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Idaho page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Post Falls
Post Falls and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Post Falls, please visit our Assisted Living in Idaho page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Post Falls
Post Falls-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Idaho are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Idaho page for more information about these laws.
Assisted Living near Post Falls, ID
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Post Falls
Review of The Lodge at Riverside Harbor
I'm not happy with The Lodge. I told them that my husband was a wanderer, but they went ahead and checked him in. He was there for nine days, then they told him he had to leave. They said he got ag... Read more
Review of Garden Plaza of Post Falls
The care given to my Mom is excellent, the facility is very neat and clean, and the meals provided are from a menu and are ordered by residents choice. I can visit my Mom whenever I want and can e... Read more
Review of Life Care Center of Post Falls
The most beautiful facility in Spokane/Kootenai area. Staff was incredible, food was good, ice cream socials were a fun treat. Physical therapy was awesome. Loved working out in the gym. The aq... Read more