2 Assisted Living Facilities in Spirit Lake, ID
To help you with your search, browse the 2 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Spirit Lake. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Spirit Lake 4.0 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Hayden with an average rating of 4.5 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Spirit Lake, call (855) 863-8283.
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Spirit Lake
Spirit Lake is known as one of the best places to retire in Kootenai County in 2019. Located to the north of Spirit Lake, the city offers a new trail system, including the West and East Lake Trails and plenty of outdoor options for seniors who like to stay active.
For seniors who want to retire in the area that need assistance with daily living tasks, there are two assisted living facilities in the area. Also called Residential Care Facilities (RCFs), these facilities are regulated by the Idaho Department of Health and Welfare.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Spirit Lake
- Spirit Lake has an array of community resources for seniors, including the North Idaho Senior Services, an organization that helps match seniors with available services in the area, including one senior center.
- Spirit Lake is home to world-class medical facilities, including the Avera Spirit Lake Medical Center and Lakes Regional Healthcare, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- Seniors in Spirit Lake may find the cost of living index of 114.2 makes it harder to manage their budget in comparison to the national average of 100 and the state average of 100.2.
- An abundance of snow in Spirit Lake may pose an issue for seniors who are sensitive to the cold. The city gets around 52 inches of snow per year, which is higher than the national average of 28. Summers are mild with July average highs around 82.
- Crime in Spirit Lake is below the national average for both violent and property crime, which makes the city a safe option for seniors and other residents. On a scale from one to 100 with 100 being the highest, property crime is ranked 20.5, in comparison to the national average of 35.4. Violent crime is ranked 11.6, compared to the national average of 22.7.
- White Tail Transportation provides rides for seniors in Spirit Lake for medical appointments and general transportation at a flat rate. For scheduled rides, reservations must be made at least 48 hours in advance.
Note: Data reported on this page was updated in 2019 and based on the latest 2018 figures.
Paying for Assisted Living in Spirit Lake
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Idaho
Assisted Living costs in Spirit Lake start around $0 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Spirit Lake and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Spirit Lake
Seniors who need financial assistance paying for an assisted living care facility in Spirit Lake may apply for two state Medicaid waivers: the Medicaid 1915(c) and the 1915(b) waivers. Also known as the Supported Living Program and the Managed Long-Term Services and Supports Wavier, these programs only pay for daily living assistance and don't cover room and board.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Idaho page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Idaho page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Spirit Lake
Spirit Lake and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Spirit Lake, please visit our Assisted Living in Idaho page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Spirit Lake
Spirit Lake-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Idaho are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Idaho page for more information about these laws.
Assisted Living near Spirit Lake, ID
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Spirit Lake
Review of Rose Terrace Country Homes
I visited Rose Terrace Country Homes, and the staff seemed very efficient and knowledgeable. The rooms were smaller, and the dining room was open. The sanitation was fine. Read more
Review of Aspen Springs Assisted Living, LLC
Aspen Springs was the only one within our range and her physical ability that had an opening. The staff seem very friendly and know their job and what was required of them. The room she is going to... Read more