Brookdale Coeur d'Alene

Reviews of Brookdale Coeur d'Alene

Assisted Living Reviews for Brookdale Coeur d'Alene

October 05, 2019

By Annette

My father moved into the assisted living side of Brookdale Coeur d'Alene. I find it to be a very nice place. He's very happy there, but there are a couple of issues I am concerned about. They have a couple of automatic door openers that haven't worked since he moved in, and we brought that to their attention, because it's hard for the elderly with their walkers to open a door that should be opening automatically. They really need to take care of that. There are two doors that are causing problems. Otherwise, it's very nice, very well-kept up, and they have a variety of things to do. They always have fun things going on, they take a bus outside the facility, and they take people on tours. They do well in that respect.

May 05, 2018

By Shirley

Brookdale Coeur d'Alene is very lovely, clean, and well-cared for. They showed me a studio apartment, but they were too small for us. They were very nice, gracious, and the people were very sweet, so it was a good experience. They showed me the menu for the residents and I was very impressed with the variety that they had. It's very centrally located in a nice residential area, but it's also very close to a lot of services.

May 09, 2017

By Tanya465276

Brookdale Coeur d'Alene looked fine, but it was older than what I was looking for. It was not resort-like. However, it was nice and clean, and it looked like they took good care of the people. The restaurant looked very nice and clean. They were very friendly and nice. It was cheaper than others.

December 28, 2015

By Randi4

I considered Brookdale Coeur d'Alene. It was a very nice facility. They had one-bedroom apartments and excellent staffing. I just visited, but I was very impressed with them and their abilities to meet the needs of the residents. I was also really impressed with their manager/director. It’s the only one that I considered putting my dad in.

May 12, 2015

Emeritus at Coeur d’Alene was OK, but the parking was not good there. My wife says there was not much of a place for the residents to get outside and enjoy the outdoors. They had a few activities. They were relatively small. The staff seemed to be OK and pretty nice.

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts. We are committed to continuous quality service and care and will share your feedback with our management team.

January 31, 2014

By Beth15

Emeritus was very professional, yet it was warm, homey and inviting. It smelled well unlike other places. The people that we were able to talk to were very friendly, professional and seemed to be very caring. They made sure that we had some good information and got what we needed out of the visit. Someone showed us around and we were able to see the rooms and the duplexes at the back. We also saw some indoor activities.

September 26, 2013

By Roni1

Emeritus invited us to lunch and the food was very good. The place was a really nice. The dining area was really super nice. I liked it a lot. The accommodation was very good. The staff were very nice and they were very accommodating. They have activity program and they do a lot of things. I think this is one of the places that I would recommend if you are ready for an assisted living.

January 27, 2012

By AMYeakey

It has been a pleasure of mine working in healthcare, while going to college for nursing. Working at a few of our local facilities in the area, two being assisted living and the other being a skilled nursing facility, has given me a great understanding of what it takes to provide quality care for our seniors. Coeur d'Alene Homes has not been one of the facilities in my career, but it has been an incredible place to visit. The staff that I have dealt with so far (mainly marketing and front desk) has left me feeling pleased and respected. The facility itself is beautiful and though I have not had the chance to see the entire place, the lobby, dining area and Alzheimer's unit are gorgeous places for the seniors to live their lives and feel comfortable. Negatively, the only thing I can say is that when information on possible admittance for a resident we had at the facility I work at. It took a long time to get a response and we eventually had the resident move to different facility. It is in my opinion however, that if Coeur d'Alene Homes had accepted her, she would have been happy and the future check up visits would have been a pleasure. They are a non-profit from what I found which is an added bonus in 'my' book and you can easily look them up on the web. It has been great having a chance to tour the local facilities in the area. There is no 'one' best place for 'everyone', but Coeur d'Alene Homes has a great facility for 'most'.

Independent Living Reviews for Brookdale Coeur d'Alene

March 28, 2018

By Scott G

My sister ended up at Brookdale Coeur d'Alene, which we liked for the price. The cost was as close as we could get to what we needed it to be, and it is very adequate for that price. She is happy with it. They have an exercise program, recreational things, and music and dancing on Fridays.

Photos of Brookdale Coeur d'Alene

• Pets: Yes

Types of care

• Walking Wheelchair Assistance

About Brookdale Coeur d'Alene

Brookdale Coeur d'Alene is a senior housing facility that offers a homelike setting and cheerful smiles from its professional staff. Each caregiver offers assistance while respecting the residents' independence. The restaurant-style dining, activities and beautiful surroundings combine to create an enjoyable experience every day. Through special events, activities, clubs and ongoing cultural enrichment programs, the community offers unlimited opportunities for residents to get to know one another and the staff.

Map of Brookdale Coeur d'Alene