North Star Retirement Community

Reviews of North Star Retirement Community

Assisted Living Reviews for North Star Retirement Community

February 16, 2017

By kathy backus

My father moved from NY to Id last June. He is 90 years old.and in good health. North Star has been a gift from God. My mother had died a year before and most of dad's friends were no longer active. North Star has a library, a work out room a full service restaurant and house keeping included in the price. They also have entertainment, day trips and much more. The best part of North Star is the staff. They treat everyone like family. I live about 40 miles away and am able to take dad to appointments etc. If I am unable to make in to town North Star has a car and driver available to take people where they want or need to go. It is a great place. Dad has made many friends and I have peace of mind knowing there is someone there 24 hours a day if he needs anything.

January 28, 2017

By The Baeumel Family

North Star is like a 5 star hotel when you go out into the community and see for yourself, My parents where here for almost 4 years and then my mom got sick and we had to move her and my dad went with her to another facility. When she passed it was our goal to have my dad back at North Star and he is back and enjoying it. He has alot of activities and socials to go to through out the week and can eat at either dining rooms. The staff is amazing and so friendly and just like family. They give my dad wonderful care and we are so happy to have him back at North Star.

November 28, 2016

By Christine387832

North Star was really nice, and the people were very friendly. The rooms were really nice, newer, and really clean. The people who lived there all seemed very friendly, and the staff was really good. The dining room was very nice, light, open, and clean. They have a lot of good activities. I would definitely recommend it.

February 29, 2016

By Reviewer124805450

We are so lucky to live here! So many great employees and I really mean this. We have a good chef and good servers also. I also have had good help when I need it with the office staff. In other words I am very happy to be here. Also lots of activities to keep us busy is we so desire. I have lived here for 8 years.

February 27, 2016

By Reviewer124692850

Top Notch. Great Staff. Very caring.

February 27, 2016

By Reviewer124692750

It is the best retirement facility in Coeur d'Alene! All employees are #10. thoughtful, caring and patient. Food is very good. Lots of social activities and trips.

February 25, 2016

By Betsy M.1

Everything is excellent. Staff is so friendly!

February 13, 2016

By Norma B.

Helpful and friendly staff. North Star is very clean. Great activities and great place to play Bridge . Residents are very friendly. Transportation takes me wherever I'd like to go.

February 02, 2016

By Thelma Creason

Excellent. Staff and servers are caring and helpful in all areas.

January 31, 2016

By Loretta Richmond

Not only is this a beautiful place to live, the staff is so friendly and accommodating! Residents and staff have welcomed us from the time we moved here. Activities are abundant. Our meals are always tasty and nutritous. Living here is good!

December 28, 2015

By Susan117688350

Everything at North Star Retirement Community is very good: the environment, the care, the dining facility, the activities, and the food. The rooms were spacious. They have options for single-bedroom apartments that are larger than what I have seen in other facilities.

November 30, 2015

North Star Retirement Community is a very beautiful community. The facility is clean and well presented. The person who met me was very friendly, very accommodating.

August 27, 2015

By Diane112460350

My parents picked North Star. I like the social activities, the church, and the people that are taking care of my parents. The facility is clean. They have good food and good care.

May 12, 2015

North Star was quite nice. There was a combination of independent living and assisted living. It was very pleasant. The people there were very nice. It was also quiet. They had a lot of activities.

April 24, 2015

North Star is a great community. The staff is great, very accommodating, and very nice. They help a lot. It's pretty, and they have good food. They try to do everything they can to help and make it easier. They are fair. It would be a community I would want to live in. It's more affordable too.

December 30, 2014

By Alyssa Carey

Beautiful and friendly community. Love it!!!

February 24, 2014

My husband is currently at North Star Retirement Community. I like this place because they are very accommodating. When I needed a place to stay, because my husband was there, they gave me a room for a very reasonable amount of money and I am able to come and go as I please. The CNAs and nursing staff there are exceptional. They just take really good care of my husband. He is not able to get up off the bed by himself and they are helping him do that. They just help him every way they can. The residents there are very, very pleasant, lively, and young. They are always doing things. They show movies every night. They have reading groups and Bible study. They have several bingo every week. They also have exercises every day. They have a gym and a pool table. They also have beauty facilities.

Independent Living Reviews for North Star Retirement Community

May 01, 2018

By Cherie

We visited North Star Retirement Community, and it was absolutely beautiful. We had a very nice lunch, the people were very cordial, and the residents I spoke to were very enthusiastic. It was well tended, looked clean and bright, and was very well done. It's obvious that care have been taken there. The kitchen seemed to be open most of the day which was very nice. There were lots of menu choices, I was very impressed, and I thought it was lovely.

March 29, 2017

By Steve813337

North Star Retirement Community has a large entryway with seating areas, a dining room, 3 floors for independent living, and 2 floors for assisted living. It has an exercise room, a library, a sun room, and a patio. It has lots of activities, and the people are very friendly. When the residents get out and about, they have to be dressed. They can't walk around with their house clothes and slippers or pajamas. I think this is the best place. It may be a little more expensive, but you get what you pay for.

June 17, 2016

By Michele M307071

My grandmother liked North Star, and that's where she wanted to go. It was awesome, beautiful, and five-star all the way. The food was excellent. The facility was spotlessly clean. We were greeted in the main hallway with a flat-screen TV where people could sit down and relax. We were taken upstairs and shown one of the rooms which had a kitchen, living room, a bedroom, and a nice-sized closet. Down the hall was a big library and a recreation room where they can watch TV and see movies. There were amenities where she could make a phone call and have herself taken to the doctors or go shopping. The staff was excellent and couldn't be nicer.

April 23, 2015

By Merriman

I find the services to be very good. The staff is very efficient and friendly, the residents very interesting and fun and I have no complaints.

Costs for North Star Retirement Community

• Home Sale Assistance

• Staff Patient Ratio: 7:1

• Licenses: Idaho

About North Star Retirement Community

Our philosophy of service at North Star Retirement Community is that Independent and Assisted Living encourages an active and free senior lifestyle that supports residents' privacy and dignity. Our senior apartments are considered the largest and most spacious in Coeur d’Alene. North Star provides Independent Living, Assisted Living, and Respite services. Our community environment is rich in daily activities, with all day restaurant-style dining, graciously appointed interiors and apartment styles. Our senior housing and Assisted Living services provides senior living with resort-style amenities in the heart of Coeur d’Alene, serving Post Falls, Hayden, Rathdrum, Spokane Valley, Spokane, and surrounding communities. Come see for yourself.

We have open dining; our residents can come and eat anytime from 7 AM-6 PM. Our guests and family have the option to choose from the daily specials or to order off of our menu - Many of our apartments over look Riverstone Park and the Spokane River - Centennial Trail is just outside our gate - Full Time Activities Director - Regular Happy Hours with entertainment - Independent living with the comfort of knowing that if the need arises you can transfer to Assisted Living - Cadillac or Bus Transportation - Adult Daycare - Cooking for a Cause Top Chef award for 2014 - Internal E-call System

Map of North Star Retirement Community