17 Assisted Living Facilities near Coeur D Alene, ID
Also serving communities of Pinehurst.
There are 17 Assisted Living Facilities in the Coeur D Alene area, with 10 in Coeur D Alene and 7 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Coeur D Alene is $3,777 per month. This is higher than the national median of $3,500. Cheaper nearby regions include Hayden with an average starting cost of $3,495.
To help you with your search, browse the 78 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Coeur D Alene. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Coeur D Alene 4.5 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Hayden with an average rating of 4.8 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped 6 families in Coeur D Alene find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Coeur D Alene, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 10 Assisted Living Facilities in Coeur D Alene, ID
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Coeur D Alene
Coeur D'Alene is a satellite city of Spokane, Washington, that sits on the banks of Lake Coeur D'Alene. Seniors who enjoy spending time by the water can find more than 50 other lakes within easy distance of the city. There are ten assisted living facilities in Coeur D'Alene for seniors who need help with daily activities and another 22 in nearby communities in both Idaho and Washington. Facilities in Idaho are licensed and monitored by the Department of Health and Welfare.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Coeur D Alene
- Income from retirement funds and pensions are subject to income tax in Idaho, although public pensions may qualify for deductions. Seniors relying on Social Security do not have to pay income tax, which may help keep their budgets healthy. Sales tax in the state is also relatively low.
- The overall cost of living in Coeur D'Alene is 112 on Sperling's index, higher than the national average of 100. This is mainly due to the high cost of housing, and seniors can save money on groceries, healthcare and transport which are all cheaper than the U.S. averages.
- The weather in Coeur D'Alene can be cold. The average high temperature in July is 82 degrees, and the average January low is 24. The city gets 32 inches of snow each year,6 inches more than the national average, which may keep seniors inside over the winter.
- Coeur D'Alene's crime rate is higher than 92 percent of Idaho's other cities and towns. Violent crime occurs at a rate of 3.4 per 1,000 residents, compared to the state average of 2.3. The property crime rate of 28.2 is also higher than the state average of 17.44. This may be concerning to safety-conscious seniors.
- The Coeur D'Alene area is home to world-class medical facilities, including Kootenai Health, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- Citylink offers free public transportation through Coeur D'Alene. Seniors may also be able to utilize Kootenai County's Ring-a-Ride service which provides transport for shopping trips and other destinations as scheduling permits.
Paying for Assisted Living in Coeur D Alene
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Idaho
Assisted Living costs in Coeur D Alene start around $3,777 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Coeur D Alene and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Coeur D Alene
Idaho offers financial assistance to seniors through the Medicare Medicaid Coordinated Plan (MMCP). An Optional State Supplement (OSS) may also be available to seniors receiving a Social Security income.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Idaho page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Idaho page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Coeur D Alene
Coeur D Alene and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Coeur D Alene, please visit our Assisted Living in Idaho page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Coeur D Alene
Coeur D Alene-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Idaho are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Idaho page for more information about these laws.
Assisted Living near Coeur D Alene, ID
Other Options in Coeur D Alene, ID
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Coeur D Alene
Review of Brookdale Coeur d'Alene
My mom's experience with Brookdale Coeur d'Alene has been OK. She had some issues getting her medication on time and everything, but I think that's been taken care of. The food's pretty good, and t... Read more
Review of Courtyard at Coeur d'Alene
We did a tour here for my dad and I loved it. The Courtyard is beautiful and they just finished planting all the flowers and plants! There is a fish pond and fountains, lots to look at. I am exc... Read more
Review of Courtyard at Coeur d'Alene
My mom has lived there for several years and we are so thankful that she chose the Courtyard. She loves to do the tai chi and she helps plant all the flowers when its time to do that too! The food... Read more