25 Assisted Living Facilities near Annapolis, MD
Also serving communities of Riva.
There are 25 Assisted Living Facilities in the Annapolis area, with 10 in Annapolis and 15 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Annapolis is $4,119 per month. This is higher than the national median of $3,465.
To help you with your search, browse the 89 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Annapolis. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Annapolis 4.3 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Severna Park with an average rating of 4.3 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Annapolis, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 10 Assisted Living Facilities in Annapolis, MD
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Annapolis
Annapolis, Maryland is located in Anne Arundel County, a county which is home to around 64,400 senior citizens who are ages 65 and older. They can enjoy seven senior centers throughout the county, as well as 520 miles of shoreline. Annapolis is home to 11 assisted living communities, all of which are regulated by the Maryland Department of Health Assisted Living Unit. There are also 20 more communities in nearby areas. There are three levels of assisted living recognized in Maryland. Level one provides assistance to residents who require a low level of care. Level two is for patients with intermediate care needs and level three is for higher care needs.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Annapolis
- Seniors can enjoy warm summers with an average high of 86 degrees Fahrenheit in the warmest month, July. Winters are cold and snowy with the average low in the coldest month, January, coming it around 27 degrees Fahrenheit. The city gets an average of 42 inches of rain and 10 inches of snow per year.
- The cost of living in Annapolis is a bit higher than the national average. The national average is 100, but Annapolis comes in at 137. Interestingly, the health care index is 98, which is slightly lower than the national average. This might benefit some seniors.
- The crime rate in Annapolis is higher than the national average for violent crime and property crime. Annapolis’ violent crime rate is 43.9 and the property crime rate is 40. Nationally, these rates are 31.1 and 38.1, respectively.
- Several programs in the Annapolis area cater to the unique needs of seniors. Ride Partners helps match volunteers with seniors who need a bit of help with transportation. The Taxi Voucher program offers reduced rates on taxi fares for residents 55 years old and older. The Van Transportation Program is offered through the Department of Aging and includes wheelchair transports when needed.
- The Annapolis Senior Center has many activities for seniors to choose from. They offer many field trips to places in Annapolis and the surrounding areas. Classes, including arts and crafts, exercise and culinary arts, are held on a regular basis at the center or in nearby locations.
- The Annapolis area is home to world-class medical facilities, including Anne Arundel Medical Center and Naval Health Clinic, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
Paying for Assisted Living in Annapolis
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Maryland
Assisted Living costs in Annapolis start around $4,219 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Annapolis and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Annapolis
Senior citizens who are at least 62 years old might qualify for the Senior Assisted Living Group Home Subsidy might help to cover the cost of some care. Other programs, some based on Medicaid eligibility, may also be available.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Maryland page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Maryland page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Annapolis
Annapolis and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Annapolis, please visit our Assisted Living in Maryland page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Annapolis
Annapolis-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Maryland are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Maryland page for more information about these laws.
Other Options in Annapolis, MD
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Annapolis
Review of Brightview Annapolis
I went to Brightview Annapolis. It's a very pretty building; it's large. It's a lot bigger than I wanted, that's why I did not choose them. It's a lot bigger, and it didn't feel as homey to me. The... Read more
Review of Spa Creek Center
Whatever you do, please do not put your loved one in this facility. It was not fit for animals, let alone humans who you adore. My mom would push her call-button, and she would not get a response s... Read more
Review of Spa Creek Center
My mother-in-law was at Spa Creek several times and was treated with loving care every time! The staff was available to answer any questions we had as well as keep us up to date with her care with... Read more