Sunrise of Annapolis

Reviews of Sunrise of Annapolis

Assisted Living Reviews for Sunrise of Annapolis

May 28, 2015

By Kim64361050

Sunrise has been great. If you need more services, you can go over to assisted-living and supported-living lifestyles, but they have their individual independent apartments as well. The rooms and apartments were great. It’s a newer facility, so it shows well when you walk in, and it’s really inviting because everything about it seems brand new. The staff was great. I went on a Saturday morning, so the staff was limited in what they were able to do, but I really liked it. It was also out of our price range. If I could afford it, that’s where I’d tell my mom to go.

March 10, 2015

By Caring76191350

We visited Sunrise, and it was very nice. I like them because I thought they were really great. It was right across the mall, and it was wonderful. I had a really positive reaction to it. It's just a complicated process trying to get her to agree to give up her condo. The staff was excellent. They treated us excellently. They were warm, friendly, and welcoming. They treated us really nicely. We saw someone that was cleaning, and they were really nice and friendly. They showed us a room that had a roommate, and I thought it seemed very comfortable. However, my mother-in-law is used to having her own condo, so she is just not quite ready to give that all up for what she thinks is a tiny room. They showed us several rooms actually. They showed us one that was kind of like a suite that was nice and big. I thought the suite room was big and roomy. The one bedroom room where they had to share was also nice and comfortable. It seems that it was divided up pretty evenly. Overall, I had a great experience with Sunrise.

January 12, 2015

By John104307750

My stepsister was in the Sunrise of Annapolis for two and a half weeks before she passed away. The place was very good, and the care was good as well. She was well-accepted there. We were very pleased with it. It was the perfect place for her. It worked out very well, and it was very homey. We were very happy with the care that they provided. It was absolutely clean, and they were very good about keeping it clean. They have resident cats and resident dogs that wander around the facility freely, and the residents enjoy having them.

October 30, 2014

My mother will be moving in to Sunrise next Monday. They have been very accommodating, very agreeable, and very pleasant. I like the friendliness and the helpfulness of the people during the application process. We like the homey atmosphere and the décor. She is looking forward to going there.

September 30, 2014

Sunrise of Annapolis was a beautiful place. It was probably a medium-sized facility, and it would definitely have been a place that my mom would have liked. It was clean, the whole place was very beautiful, the staff was very nice, and the residents all seemed nice, friendly, and happy. I would have really liked to have been able to take my mom there.

June 26, 2013

By George&Kath

Sunrise of Annapolis is a fantastic place. The living facility was really nice. The food was institutional, but it was good. The attendants were just wonderful. They were more than kind and helpful when we needed help or when we have a question.

Memory Care Reviews for Sunrise of Annapolis

Questions about Sunrise of Annapolis

What ongoing training does the staff receive in dementia care?

monthly training and additional training/in-services during the year

Describe the overall population of assisted living residents at Sunrise of Annapolis. What is their average age? What are their favorite things to do?

late 80s- early 90s

What programs or activities does Sunrise of Annapolis offer to enrich residents' well-being?

at least 6 activities each day for the mind, body and spirit

What places are near Sunrise of Annapolis or within walking distance for assisted living residents to enjoy?

Anne Arundel Medical Center (hospital) is about 1/4 mile away, Annapolis Mall, downtown Annapolis

What transportation services does Sunrise of Annapolis offer to assisted living residents?

Sunrise bus and van for scheduled group transportation and some individualized transportation including to medical appointments

What makes the chef or dining program at Sunrise of Annapolis exceptional? What kind of menu can assisted living residents expect?

featured menu options change every meal, every day. always available menu available for lunch/dinner as well. Home-style cooking, freshly made meals, numerous entrees to choose from each meal.

What safety features or security measures does Sunrise of Annapolis offer to assisted living residents?

doors/entrance locks at night (8 pm), open again at 7 am. (residents and families can still come and go during this time but a team member will open the door for them)

How does Sunrise of Annapolis keep residents' families informed about their loved ones?

30 day meeting with family after move in, monthly communication with family and communication as needed

What is the care staff-to-resident ratio at Sunrise of Annapolis during daytime and nighttime hours?

variable staffing ratio

What ongoing senior care training does the staff receive?

monthly training and additional training/in-services during the year

How many staffers are on duty in the daytime and overnight?

variable staffing ratio

What safety features or security measures does Sunrise of Annapolis provide to protect residents who wander?

secure memory care neighborhood

What programs or activities does Sunrise of Annapolis offer to keep residents engaged? How does the staff engage residents' long-term memories?

at least 6 activities daily for the mind, body and spirit. Resident profile is utilized for individualized service plan to help our team members learn more about residents and their past, help them learn how to best engage with residents and what is important to them

Nurse and Care Coordinator

What techniques does Sunrise of Annapolis use to support memory care residents during mealtimes?

finger foods for those who don't like to sit, fiesta-ware (bright colors and easy to use dining-ware)

How does Sunrise of Annapolis keep residents' families informed about their loved ones' health?

monthly and as needed communication with families

Describe the neighborhood around Sunrise of Annapolis. Is it located in a residential neighborhood, a business district, a rural setting, or other type of locale?

located in the heart of Annapolis, across the street from Anne Arundel Medical Center (hospital), about 1/2 mile from Annapolis mall and minutes from downtown Annapolis.

Is Sunrise of Annapolis affiliated with a hospital if more care is needed?

no direct affiliation but work closely with Anne Arundel Medical Center

Photos of Sunrise of Annapolis

Services and Amenities of Sunrise of Annapolis

• Companion Suites: We Do Offer Companion Suites

• Hiking Trails

• Internet Enabled Rooms

About Sunrise of Annapolis

With easy access to Routes 50 and 97, Sunrise of Annapolis is located just minutes from Downtown Annapolis City Dock, Anne Arundel Medical Center, the Annapolis Mall and the Chesapeake Bay Bridge. Although close to many major attractions and points of interest, our community is off the beaten path and offers the feel of "living in the country." We pride ourselves in our wonderful house pets, wonderfully dedicated staff and administrative team, and full activities and programming schedule.

Step into a Sunrise Assisted Living community and you can?t help but feel at home. We stop at nothing to make your experience warm and inviting, from our homelike exterior architecture, to our comfortable community areas and choice of suites to our exceptional outdoor gardens and landscaping. Look around and you?ll notice fresh flowers throughout the residence, and you may even spot our dog or our cat. And of course, there are always the friendly smiling faces of our staff to ensure that each day spent here is a welcome one.

Map of Sunrise of Annapolis