45 Assisted Living Facilities near Arnold, MD
There are 45 Assisted Living Facilities in the Arnold area, with 2 in Arnold and 43 nearby.
To help you with your search, browse the 132 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Arnold. Better rated regions include Severna Park with an average rating of 4.3 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Arnold, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 10 Assisted Living Facilities in Arnold, MD
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Arnold
Arnold, Maryland, is located on the shores of the Chesapeake Bay. This city was named after James Arnold, a War of 1812 veteran, who set up a farming homestead in the area. Today, the city is home to 23,106 residents, including a senior community of 2,754 people.
There are two assisted living facilities in Arnold to help care for this aging population, along with 44 more in nearby areas such as Pasadena, Gambrills and Crofton. Assisted living facilities, which are licensed by the Department of Health and Mental Hygiene, are called assisted living programs in Arnold and throughout the state of Maryland.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Arnold
- The Arnold area has no facilities from which to choose in the event of a medical emergency or illness, with the nearest major hospital located in Annapolis.
- Arnold’s violent crime rates are low at 20.9, compared to the national average of 22.7. The property crime rates in the city, however, are higher at 38.6, a little more than three points higher than the national average of 35.4. Seniors may want to double-check with facility staff about what security measures they have in place to keep their residents safe.
- The Office of Transportation has a paratransit service that provides curb-to-curb transportation to area seniors and disabled persons. In order to qualify, seniors need to be at least 65 years old, or 18 or older with a disability.
- Maryland fully taxes private pensions and partially taxes public pensions, which could impact how much money Arnold pensioners left over to contribute toward their care budgets.
- Although Maryland is known for having a high cost of living, Arnold’s cost of living is exceptionally high at 141.9, higher than both the state average of 124.6 and the U.S. average of 100. This is mainly driven by the high cost of housing in the area at 220.4, something that could impact city facility costs.
- Winters are chilly in Arnold where January lows dip down to 29 degrees and annual snowfalls reach 14 inches, which is half of the national average of 28 inches. Over the course of a year, the city also gets 44 inches of rain each year, six more than the national average of 38 inches. The 210 sunny days the city gets each year, five more than the national average of 205, might entice seniors who enjoy spending a lot of time participating in outdoor activities.
Note: Data reported on this page was updated in 2019 and based on the latest 2018 figures.
Paying for Assisted Living in Arnold
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Maryland
Assisted Living costs in Arnold start around $0 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Arnold and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Arnold
There are two programs in Maryland that may be able to help Arnold seniors who need financial assistance with their facility costs. These programs are known as the Community Options Waiver and the ICS Program.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Maryland page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Maryland page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Arnold
Arnold and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Arnold, please visit our Assisted Living in Maryland page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Arnold
Arnold-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Maryland are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Maryland page for more information about these laws.