54 Assisted Living Facilities near Pasadena, MD
Also serving communities of Glen Arm.
There are 54 Assisted Living Facilities in the Pasadena area, with 8 in Pasadena and 46 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Pasadena is $3,033 per month. This is lower than the national median of $3,595.
To help you with your search, browse the 167 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Pasadena. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Pasadena 3.9 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Severna Park with an average rating of 4.3 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Pasadena, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 10 Assisted Living Facilities in Pasadena, MD
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Pasadena
Pasadena, Maryland, is the home of Frederick Douglass, the famous abolitionist, writer and orator. Seniors can take driving tours to follow his footsteps, enjoy scenic parks and have access to 10 Assisted Living Facilities within city limits, with 49 in the nearby area. ALFs in Maryland are defined as residential housing services which provide assistance with personal care, meals and medication management. These facilities are regulated by the Maryland Department of Aging.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Pasadena
- Seniors living in Pasadena can find outdoor and local activities most of the year due to the pleasant climate. The average high temperature in the summer is 87 degrees, so seniors can enjoy hikes and picnics. The average low temperature in the winter is 27 degrees, with 15 inches of snowfall, so seniors who are willing to brave the cold can enjoy winter-themed festivities.
- The crime rates in Pasadena are below average, which may make seniors and their loved ones feel safe and secure. Violent crime is rated at 31.6 out of 100 (1 being the safest), which is about the same as the national average of 31.1. Property crime is rated at 27.3, which is lower than the national average of 38.1.
- Seniors in Pasadena have access to many forms of transportation under the Maryland Transit Administration (MTA). To access doctor’s appointments or local shopping, seniors can use the local bus, light rail, metro subway, commuter bus or the MARC train. Seniors also received a reduced fare on these services.
- The air quality in Anne Arundel County was given a mixed rating by the American Lung Association. The Ozone score failed with an F, while the Particle Pollution 24-hour score got an A. Seniors with breathing difficulties may have complications living in this area.
- The Pasadena area is home to world-class medical facilities, including University of Maryland Baltimore Washington Medical Center, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- History buffs can explore the rich history in Pasadena, including the Civil War Trails, to see famous battlegrounds and follow the footsteps of the Civil War soldiers. Seniors can also enjoy an old traditional past time at the Howard County Cup Races and take tours of the famous stables that house the horses.
Paying for Assisted Living in Pasadena
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Maryland
Assisted Living costs in Pasadena start around $3,033 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Pasadena and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Pasadena
Low-income seniors in Maryland may be eligible to receive financial aid through the state’s Medicaid Community Options waiver. Those seniors who are not qualified for Medicaid may also be able to receive funding through the Assisted Living Subsidy Program.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Maryland page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Maryland page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Pasadena
Pasadena and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Pasadena, please visit our Assisted Living in Maryland page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Pasadena
Pasadena-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Maryland are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Maryland page for more information about these laws.
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Pasadena
Review of Locust Lodge Assisted Living
My mom will be moving into Locust Lodge II. I like the price because she's having an OK income, but it just doesn't qualify for that high end stuff. Everything seems to be starting at $6,000 a mont... Read more
Review of Magothy Gardens Assisted Living
I toured Magothy Gardens Assisted Living. The rooms were very small. They were big enough for a twin bed, a dresser, and a nightstand, and that was it. I didn't see where the bathrooms were. It was... Read more
Review of Pasadena Home Care
I have toured the Pasadena Home Care and the people were very nice. We were there at the time when they were eating and they had good meals with choices that they could have and that was very nice.... Read more