139 Assisted Living Facilities near Gambrills, MD
Also serving communities of Beltsville.
There are 139 Assisted Living Facilities in the Gambrills area, with 5 in Gambrills and 134 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Gambrills is $4,173 per month. This is higher than the national median of $3,500. Cheaper nearby regions include Laurel with an average starting cost of $3,975.
To help you with your search, browse the 390 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Gambrills. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Gambrills 3.9 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Laurel with an average rating of 3.9 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped 8 families in Gambrills find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Gambrills, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 10 Assisted Living Facilities in Gambrills, MD
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Gambrills
Gambrills is a small, tranquil town directly south of Baltimore, Maryland, with five assisted living facilities, making it an ideal location for the estimated 351 seniors who live in the community. In Gambrills, as well as the rest of Maryland, assisted living facilities are officially recognized as assisted living programs. These are licensed and regulated by the Maryland Department of Health. Seniors living at these locations can access arts and culture in Baltimore and Washington D.C. by taking the MARC at Odenton Station.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Gambrills
- Seniors worried about crime should feel very safe living in Gambrills. The city has only 609 reported crimes per 100,000 citizens, far below the national average of 2,745 per 100,000.
- While the American Lung Association gives Gambrills a passing grade for particle pollution, they give an F for ozone pollution. Seniors in the area should be aware that excessive ozone can cause immediate breathing problems and cardiovascular effects.
- The city of Gambrills experiences relatively cold winters and warm, humid summers. Average lows reach 27 degrees in January and average highs in July reach 88 degrees. Seniors who like going outside may appreciate the more than 200 days of sunshine the city gets every year.
- Gambrills has no facilities from which to choose in the event of a medical emergency or illness, with the nearest major hospital located in Baltimore.
- The cost of living in Gambrills is 35.7 percent higher than the national average of 100 and 11.1 points higher than the Maryland average of 124.6. Seniors on a limited budget may have trouble finding affordable living arrangements in the city.
- Taxes in Gambrills and the rest of Maryland are favorable towards seniors. The state doesn't tax income from Social Security benefits or from railroad pensions. Individuals may also qualify for increasing exclusions for private pensions every year. This can make assisted living more affordable.
Paying for Assisted Living in Gambrills
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Maryland
Assisted Living costs in Gambrills start around $4,173 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Gambrills and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Gambrills
Maryland offers several financial assistance programs for seniors who live in or seek assisted living arrangements. Several Medicaid programs, including Community Personal Assistance Services and The Increased Community Services (ICS), help seniors afford alternatives to nursing homes. The Assisted Living Subsidy program and Certified Adult Residential Environment (C.A.R.E.) program are non-Medicaid benefits that are intended to help low-income and disabled seniors.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Maryland page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Maryland page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Gambrills
Gambrills and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Gambrills, please visit our Assisted Living in Maryland page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Gambrills
Gambrills-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Maryland are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Maryland page for more information about these laws.
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Gambrills
Review of Arbor Terrace Waugh Chapel
Arbor Terrace Waugh Chapel was very good. It seemed very clean and offered a lot. We toured both the independent living and the assisted living, but it also had a memory care. The only reason we di... Read more
Review of Regency Park
I enjoyed meeting the greeter at Regency Park. I saw that they were doing activities. They had a lovely dining room, and I knew that they were going to be pairing my aunt up with other women to enc... Read more
Review of Arbor Terrace Waugh Chapel
Arbor Terrace Waugh Chapel is brand new. My mother has a suite and she's very happy there. They have all the amenities and it's a very nice place. We're happy with everything and the service is gre... Read more